Scottie Reynolds: From Italy to the D League

Moderator: jman3134

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Scottie Reynolds: From Italy to the D League 

Post#1 » by jman3134 » Sat Nov 6, 2010 7:34 pm

A recent development following the D League draft has been that Scottie Reynolds is now going to be moving back to the United States and playing in the D League. Apparently his heart was not in his Italian team.

Scottie Reynolds liked his accommodations in Italy. He liked Prima Veroli, his team in the country's second division. He liked a lot of things about where he was. But he didn't need much time to realize his heart just wasn't in it.

That is why the former Villanova star guard packed his bags and headed for home Oct. 26. Whether the NBA might have a lockout next season suddenly seemed immaterial. He wanted, one more time, to see whether he could play his way into the league.

Reynolds turned up as the No. 13 overall pick in the NBA Developmental League, taken by the Tulsa 66ers yesterday, then promptly traded for a first-round draft choice to the Springfield (Mass.) Armor. The Armor is linked to three NBA teams: New York, New Jersey and the 76ers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/201 ... eague.html

Imo, this is really a dumb move. If you are going to go overseas and try to improve your game, that is normally a smart move. I criticized him earlier because he did not join a team that really could assist him in making it to the next level. (as in possibly signing in Italy's first division) But, then again, they provided him guarantee money. So now, he is going to be playing for cents on a dollar in the D League after spurning the Phoenix Suns, who would have given him a shot to make the team in training camp.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Re: Scottie Reynolds: From Italy to the D League 

Post#2 » by Jase » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:28 am

I think he's better than some professional point guards. He'd get serious minutes in Miami, IMO. I wanted to see him in LA, but that was before we signed Steve Blake. I think he was going to stick in Phoenix. That system would have enhanced his strengths.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
harveyhaddix
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by harveyhaddix » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm

I think he has enough talent to make it to the nba. I just don't know how long he will be up there.
Huuminh
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Huuminh » Tue Sep 6, 2011 10:38 am

He could have made the Suns or at least the D-League.

Return to Minor Leagues