Brent Petway

Moderator: jman3134

Trojans5
Ballboy
And1: 0

Brent Petway 

Post#1 » by Trojans5 » Wed Mar 5, 2008 2:32 am

I remember this guy at Michigan, then at the dunk contest. He isnt doing to bad in the NBDL. He plays for the Idaho Stampede, a development team for the Portland Trail Blazers and the Seattle SuperSonics. Do you see him in the NBA?
My Lakers Starting 5
PG Jordan Farmar
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Luke Walton
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#2 » by chrbal » Wed Apr 2, 2008 6:11 pm

As an energy a couple years from now.

His numbers in the NBADL aren't that great. http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/i ... ent_petway

He'd be smart to get himself on a team looking to rebuild for summer league. The Knicks, Heat, possibly Kings, and Seattle (if Wilkens is moved) would all be good choices.

His former college teammate, Courtney Sims, is a great example of picking the wrong team. Pacers are a good franchise but they were chasing playoffs (when the season started) and they couldn't allow Sims the time he needed.
Clip34life
Analyst
And1: 16

mm 

Post#3 » by Clip34life » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:54 am

Whatever happened to Daniel Horton?
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: Brent Petway 

Post#4 » by jman3134 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 4:11 pm

In regards to Petway, I do not think that he will make an NBA roster because his game is not diversified....it's attack the hoop all the time with little semblance of a jumper. He is an athletic beast who could become a player if he added more to his game- I feel that Amaker did a poor job developing guys like him and Courtney Sims, who basically remained the same since his freshman year.

Anyway, as an update, Petway is playing on the Memphis Grizzlies summer league.

Return to Minor Leagues