ABA ticker?

Moderator: jman3134

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

ABA ticker? 

Post#1 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:50 am

The American Basketball Association (ABA) today announced a strategic alliance with RSS feed network software leader Netsplorer.com to provide fans with the first, free desktop news ticker in any major league sport. ABA fans can keep up with breaking news with a free scrolling desktop news ticker! The ABA is celebrating by giving away 1,000 tickets, 10 season tickets, and five signed home team basketballs to lucky fans who are among the first to pre-register to receive the free software on the launch date.

According to Joe Newman, ABA CEO, "The ABA is taking the lead in instantaneous news broadcasting via the Internet for serious fans who want to be among the first to know. The Official ABA News Ticker powered by Netsplorer.com allows us to broadcast the news to our fans directly without waiting for them to visit our website or seek out other sources."

The ABA News Ticker will be available entirely for free and will be released very shortly. Pre-registration is also free and fans who pre-register will be eligible to receive one of 1,000 tickets good for their home team. The ABA will also issue ten season passes and five signed basketballs to lucky fans that pre-register and are selected in a random drawing.

The official ABA News Ticker powered by Netsplorer.com is a powerful application that scrolls clickable headlines directly on the fan's desktop without interfering with any other programs. The ABA News Ticker is completely customizable, not only appearing at either the top or bottom of the screen, but also scrolling at a fully adjustable speed and transparency that makes it highly user friendly. The ABA News Ticket also allows the user to scroll news information directly from any RSS stream they choose.

Pre-registration begins Monday, December 1, 2008, for a chance to win free ABA Tickets. Come back soon to download the official ABA News Ticker!

http://abalive.com/headlines/index.html?article_id=83

What do you think of this new feature? What up to date news is really going on besides live game scores? I mean this league sometimes doesn't scrap together games. How can we expect live feed?
mammal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Re: ABA ticker? 

Post#2 » by mammal » Mon Dec 1, 2008 11:15 pm

The ABA (Joe Newman) always promises a lot but rarely delivers. I wonder if they will cover all the teams that will fold?
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: ABA ticker? 

Post#3 » by jman3134 » Tue Dec 2, 2008 7:51 pm

:lol: I wonder the same thing. He really tries hard to legitamize this league though; that much I will give him.

Return to Minor Leagues