The best team in the D League 

Post#1 » by jman3134 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 8:28 pm

Who is it?
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Re: The best team in the D League 

Post#2 » by pickIBL » Sun Mar 8, 2009 5:25 am

Oh man you could argue for several teams. The rosters just change so damn much. I'd probably go with the energy despite loosing Nichols and Cartier Martin to the NBA. They've had Stinson run the team the whole year. They have Courtney Sims back to hold down the 5. Othyus Jeffers is a Robert Morris guy that turned out to be a D-league all star. He won't make the NBA but he will definiately get a fat Euro contract next year. Nichols and Martin have been replaced by Denham Brown and JamesOn Curry.

So it all depends on how these revolving door teams gel. But that's my pick.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#3 » by jman3134 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 6:54 am

I'm actually a bit surprised that Jeffers made the transition after transferring from UIC. In college, he was a 6'5 forward that was starting to show some signs. He's pretty dynamic attacking the basket, but aside from that, he must have improved his midrange game.
Waterade124
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Waterade124 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 4:47 pm

I think it is the Idaho Stampede, Utah Flash, and the Iowa Energy. If Jeffers improves his shot there is no question he can play in the NBA.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#5 » by pickIBL » Mon Mar 9, 2009 12:57 pm

Jeffers does finish very well (shoots a high percentage) and does in fact show a nice mid range j. He's taken 15 three pointers and made 5. I suspect his plan is to stay with the team for the duration of the season and play in the Summer League. I suspect Steve Kerr or someone will invite him to training camp. I would assume he eventually gets cut and ends up choosing between the D-League and Europe.

Scouts have got to be looking a Jeffers and wondering how he can help their team. Is he going to D up like Dahntay Jones? Can he shoot the rock like Cartier Martin? What position would he play as a 6'5 forward in the NBA?

He does have an outside shot of landing a roster spot, but I think he was made for Europe. Nothing wrong with developing into someone who can make half a million or even a million euros a year. It could happen. If I was him after next fall I'd give up on the NBA and go play in Europe.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Minor Leagues