Bronny James Focused On 'Getting To League', Not Playing With Father

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 296

Bronny James Focused On 'Getting To League', Not Playing With Father 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 15, 2024 4:02 pm

Bronny James is more focused about establishing his NBA career than playing with his father LeBron James.

"I would be happy about getting to the league instead of me thinking about playing with my dad," Bronny James said. "That's not my mindset or not at all. I'm just trying to put in the work and see where it takes me from there."

Bronny James didn't grant interviews during his season at USC.

"Bronny was just a nickname that I was just given when I was younger," James said. "But everything that follows my dad, people just try to link me with that and all the greatness that he's achieved. I haven't done anything yet, so I feel like there needs to be that divide between Bronny and LeBron.

"Everyone's heard this before. I just want to have people know my name is Bronny James and not being identified as just LeBron James' son. I feel like that would great."

Via Jamal Collier/ESPN

NightWatch
Junior
And1: 452

Re: Bronny James Focused On 'Getting To League', Not Playing With Father 

Post#2 » by NightWatch » Wed May 15, 2024 5:55 pm

He should be undrafted.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,825

Post#3 » by Revived » Wed May 15, 2024 7:55 pm

I will say, I really like his attitude. He doesn’t have the big mouth and brash attitude many kids of very rich fathers have.

Ultimately though not sure his talent is NBA caliber exactly but people much smarter than me make those decisions.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 145

Post#4 » by haste10176 » Wed May 15, 2024 9:46 pm

Revived wrote:I will say, I really like his attitude. He doesn’t have the big mouth and brash attitude many kids of very rich fathers have.

Ultimately though not sure his talent is NBA caliber exactly but people much smarter than me make those decisions.

Yes but as was the case with austin rivers and giannis brother its not always a case of merit.. He would go undrafted in most cases.. He may well still.. if he was 6 foot 8 well that would mean something different but he is like 6 foot 1 didnt show much at college how you could possibly waste a pick here other than he is Lebrons son makes no sense and its a pretty weak draft..

Return to Wiretap Discussion