Tyronn Lue, Clippers Have Yet To Make Progress In Extension Talks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 300

Tyronn Lue, Clippers Have Yet To Make Progress In Extension Talks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 22, 2024 4:03 pm

Tyronn Lue is set to enter the final season of his current contract with the Los Angeles Clippers in 24-25 if an extension isn't reached this offseason. Both the Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns had interest in Lue, but it was made clear that the Clippers wouldn't entertain letting him out of his contract.

The Clippers would like to extend Lue, but those conversations reportedly haven't progressed.

"They want to extend him," said Shams Charania. "To my knowledge, right there hasn't been any progress in those conversations."

Over the past year, the NBA has seen a large increase in contract values for head coaches from Monty Williams and Gregg Popvoich to Erik Spoelstra and Steve Kerr with top coaches making more than $10 million per season.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 7,047

Re: Tyronn Lue, Clippers Have Yet To Make Progress In Extension Talks 

Post#2 » by madmaxmedia » Wed May 22, 2024 5:24 pm

I feel like the number one goal of the Clippers is to not let the Lakers hire him.
(I like Ty and want him to stick around.)
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,993

Post#3 » by ryguy613 » Wed May 22, 2024 5:45 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:I feel like the number one goal of the Clippers is to not let the Lakers hire him.

it would be pretty funny if the Clippers string this along until after the Lakers hire JJ Reddick, then immediately fire Lue.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 800

Post#4 » by donemilio21 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:33 pm

ryguy613 wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:I feel like the number one goal of the Clippers is to not let the Lakers hire him.

it would be pretty funny if the Clippers string this along until after the Lakers hire JJ Reddick, then immediately fire Lue.

number one goal for Clippers should be secretly lobbying for Lakers to hire Doc Rivers :D
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,993

Post#5 » by ryguy613 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:38 pm

donemilio21 wrote:
ryguy613 wrote:

number one goal for Clippers should be secretly lobbying for Lakers to hire Doc Rivers :D

that would be ballmer at his most diabolical
circa70
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#6 » by circa70 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:26 pm

that's the problem with the flippers. Their only objective is to block the Lakers instead of doing what's best to win a title. That's why they will always be perpetual losers.
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 65

Post#7 » by YourGM99 » Thu May 23, 2024 2:28 am

circa70 wrote:

that's the problem with the flippers. Their only objective is to block the Lakers instead of doing what's best to win a title. That's why they will always be perpetual losers.

A few years ago they traded for Marcus Morris so the lakers couldn’t get him and then the lakers ended up getting his brother for free in the buyout market a couple months later and won a chip.

Return to Wiretap Discussion