Carmelo Anthony Hints He May Be Ready To Leave Knicks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Carmelo Anthony Hints He May Be Ready To Leave Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:57 pm

The New York Knicks will miss the playoffs for the third straight season, which has made Carmelo Anthony grow reflective over his future.

“Nah, don’t start,’’ Anthony said when asked if he envisions making L.A. his workplace. “I haven’t thought about it. There was an opportunity during the deadline. There was always talk the last couple of seasons being connected to Clippers or Lakers. Somehow always been connected. First it was the Lakers. Now it’s the Clippers situation. I try not to think about it — especially now when I’m still playing with the New York Knicks and got to prepare to play against these guys.’’

The Knicks have been in Los Angeles since Saturday ahead of Monday's game.

“Sometimes you need to get in a new environment and feel a different type of energy and vibe,’’ Anthony said.

Anthony was referring to his team, but he probably could have been talking about his career, too.

“Over the years, I’ve grown to like it,’’ Anthony said. “I think as you get older, you start looking for places you can relax and enjoy and be good over the years. L.A. has been a place where my family feels comfortable at. We’ve been here for seven years now.’’

Anthony was asked about the Knicks not being a playoff team this season.

“I’ve come to grips with that,’’ Anthony said. “I had times to think about that over how many weeks it’s been, trying to utilize time to clear my mind and be at peace with it — our situation.”

Asked if he thinks if it will ever happen in L.A., Anthony said: “Honestly I think about it a lot. I try to put everything in perspective. I think about it all. I think about here. I think about it. The postseason. My teammates. I think about everything. I think about it a lot and put everything in perspective and hear other people’s take on it. At the end of the day, it’s on me.’’

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Re: Carmelo Anthony Hints He May Be Ready To Leave Knicks 

Post#2 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:12 pm

He likely won't get dealt until latter part of July until he sees what free agents end up where and then dictate what teams he will waive no trade clause for.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#3 » by goodboy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:10 am

Id say clippers
Bright
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:04 am

Oh, he finally sees that he is hurting the city he loves.

Obviously you need to leave the Knicks because they are rebuilding and need to get younger and finish as low on the ladder as possible to keep getting the best picks.

Yuh bird brain.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#5 » by IAMZOOTED » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:43 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Oh, he finally sees that he is hurting the city he loves.

Obviously you need to leave the Knicks because they are rebuilding and need to get younger and finish as low on the ladder as possible to keep getting the best picks.

Yuh bird brain.

How is he hurting them? Phil is the one that gave a max deal to a player he didn't want, signed joakim Noah to a 75 million dollar deal and he is trying to have the team run a system that just doesn't work for that team.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,084

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 am

Not for nothing but that last statement from the ol' Berman-meister is misleading:

Asked if he thinks if it will ever happen in L.A., Anthony said: “Honestly I think about it a lot. I try to put everything in perspective. I think about it all. I think about here. I think about it. The postseason. My teammates. I think about everything. I think about it a lot and put everything in perspective and hear other people’s take on it. At the end of the day, it’s on me.’’

Anthony's response wasn't to the question about leaving NY for LA.
smith2373
General Manager
And1: 1,723

Post#7 » by smith2373 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:22 am

Correction, their fourth straight season missing the playoffs
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#8 » by Dolphin Lips » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:03 am

IAMZOOTED wrote:

Yuh bird brain.

How is he hurting them? Phil is the one that gave a max deal to a player he didn't want, signed joakim Noah to a 75 million dollar deal and he is trying to have the team run a system that just doesn't work for that team.

It was actually a 4 year 72 mil, and with the new TV deal and cap going up, it won't be detrimental - Andre Drummond got 5 years 130 mil and Nick Batum got 5 years 120

And yeah I love you Melo, but you've been done since Roy Hibbert stuffed you at the rim
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#9 » by IAMZOOTED » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:58 am

Dolphin Lips wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:

Yuh bird brain.

It was actually a 4 year 72 mil, and with the new TV deal and cap going up, it won't be detrimental - Andre Drummond got 5 years 130 mil and Nick Batum got 5 years 120

And yeah I love you Melo, but you've been done since Roy Hibbert stuffed you at the rim

It was still extremely stupid to sign him to to a 72 million dollar deal
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#10 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:39 am

goodboy wrote:Id say clippers

Sounds great. They can have him. Just keep him away from my team.
andy249
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#11 » by andy249 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:58 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:

The Melo hate has gone too far.
He is undoubtedly a ball dominant player, but as of today, how many Knicks fans would prefer Noel Nerlens, Serge Ibaka, Jeff Teague, George Hill, or Dion Waiters at the same cap number as Melo? All five guys will get max money and will equal or eclipse what is owed to Melo.
Also, considering Melo had a terrible first half, he is still averaging nearly 23 PPG and 6 RPG for the year.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#12 » by 6_Rings » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm

he'll be a great ringchaser. his scoring off the bench will be phenomenal. as the main man tho, his team will be 2nd-round-fodder if at all.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#13 » by Simmons25 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:23 pm

The guy is a cancer on whatever team he ends up on. I pity them.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#14 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:58 pm

What might have been
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,636

Post#15 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:36 am

andy249 wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:

The Melo hate has gone too far.
He is undoubtedly a ball dominant player, but as of today, how many Knicks fans would prefer Noel Nerlens, Serge Ibaka, Jeff Teague, George Hill, or Dion Waiters at the same cap number as Melo? All five guys will get max money and will equal or eclipse what is owed to Melo.
Also, considering Melo had a terrible first half, he is still averaging nearly 23 PPG and 6 RPG for the year.

Sounds great....he's all yours.

Return to Wiretap Discussion