Gordon Hayward Out Of Walking Boot

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Gordon Hayward Out Of Walking Boot 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:56 am

Gordon Hayward is now out of his walking boot less than two months after his injury on opening night.

Wearing just a small brace on his left ankle, Hayward was able to walk without an aid at a community event at the Boys & Girls Club of Boston.

"The process is always fluid and can change at any time but, for me, today was the day where I walk around without the boot at all," Hayward told ESPN before giving a motivational speech to a group of teens and playing the video game Destiny 2 with them. "And so I'm going to try to move forward without the boot. Depending on how my foot reacts, how much activity I'm able to do on it without it being sore, I could move back into the boot or I could never look back and never see the boot again.

"I'm just taking it day by day; today has been awesome so far without the boot."

Hayward has graduated from shooting out of a chair to shooting flat-footed in his boot over the past few weeks. 

"I think I'm a goal-oriented type of person. So I set my sights on a [short-term] goal and just focus on that until that goal is completed," Hayward said. "I have a great group of people around me; the Celtics' staff has been phenomenal, accommodating to everything that I need. My trainer [Jason Smeathers] is here, my wife [Robyn] at home, everybody is keeping me motivated and making sure that I'm sticking with protocol. It's definitely like a team thing for me. I have a lot of people that are helping me. That makes it easier."

The Celtics have maintained that they don't expect Hayward to return this season.

Via Chris Forsberg/ESPN

JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Re: Gordon Hayward Out Of Walking Boot 

Post#2 » by JordansBulls » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:49 am

Cavs worst nightmare hearing this.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,593

Post#3 » by HangTime » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 am

If Hayward were to return say in March, would the Celtics still be entitled to the injury exception?

Or say they use the exception and Hayward returns. What happens then?
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#4 » by Indomitable » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:43 am

JordansBulls wrote:Cavs worst nightmare hearing this.

Yeah a guy tryin to rush back from a lower leg injury.
:banghead:
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#5 » by dan-man » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:34 am

Keep drinking that milk Gordon.
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#6 » by CelticsWin5 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:29 am

Hayward is going to come back before Fultz comes back!

Fultz is a mental midget. He starts bricking shots badly so the sixers bench him then blame a fake injury and sit him for months. Haywards foot almost falls off and he gets his walking boot off before Fultz comes back lol.

Indomitable wrote:

How is he rushing back? All sources I've read show he's on schedule with his goals so far. Do you have a reliable source showing he is rushing back from his broken bone injury? Or is it just conjecture because your team has more losses than the Celtics and you're scared of what might be when Hayward is back come the playoffs
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:42 am

CelticsWin5 wrote:Hayward is going to come back before Fultz comes back!

Fultz is a mental midget. He starts bricking shots badly so the sixers bench him then blame a fake injury and sit him for months. Haywards foot almost falls off and he gets his walking boot off before Fultz comes back lol.

Indomitable wrote:

How is he rushing back? All sources I've read show he's on schedule with his goals so far. Do you have a reliable source showing he is rushing back from his broken bone injury? Or is it just conjecture because your team has more losses than the Celtics and you're scared of what might be when Hayward is back come the playoffs

Why do you hate the 76ers so much?
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#8 » by IAMZOOTED » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:43 am

dan-man wrote:Keep drinking that milk Gordon.

shut up troll.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#9 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:49 am

Get well soon
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#10 » by 12footrim » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Why the heck would you shoot out of a chair. I would think you would be better off not shooting at all for the 6 months or whatever it is than screwing around with your shot in ways like that, that will never be used. Just as much chance if not more you tweek it or even screw it up as any minor benefit you might receive. I remember about Jabari Parker coming back and having screwed up his shot some shooting flatfooted that first year. I think they would be better off just concentrating on the things they can do or any cardio if they could get in a pool. After Fultz these shots seem fragile enough.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by 12footrim » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Even if he could comeback, how good is he going to look really? Do you remember how terrible Paul George looked after the Pacers trotted him out the last 6 games after his injury and he has more time to heal an no ligament damage.

Even if he could play 15 minutes a game how much do you honestly think he would help in the playoffs.If anything he probably stands more of a chance to mess up the chemistry and roles they have going. There offense is already lame, inserting a rusty hobbled guy they played 5 minutes with ever a week before the playoffs likely would just make it worse.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
gimmesome
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#12 » by gimmesome » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:33 pm

12footrim wrote:

Even if he could comeback, how good is he going to look really? Do you remember how terrible Paul George looked after the Pacers trotted him out the last 6 games after his injury and he has more time to heal an no ligament damage.

Even if he could play 15 minutes a game how much do you honestly think he would help in the playoffs.If anything he probably stands more of a chance to mess up the chemistry and roles they have going. There offense is already lame, inserting a rusty hobbled guy they played 5 minutes with ever a week before the playoffs likely would just make it worse.

dude... have you ever considered being a coach?

i mean you're out here giving advice on injuries, shooting mechanics and team chemistry.

i think you should look into it
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#13 » by Donnyxc » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 pm

HangTime wrote:If Hayward were to return say in March, would the Celtics still be entitled to the injury exception?

Or say they use the exception and Hayward returns. What happens then?

I believe the Team still gets the DPE even if Gordon returns. When the NBA grants a team a DPE, it means that the injured player is “substantially more unlikely than not to return before June 15th of that season”. Should the player prove to be a quick healer, then the team got lucky.

It also doesn't prorate like the Non Tax Payer exception. The DPE itself does expire on 3/10/18.

Hoping they are smart with Gordon. No rushing him back from that physically traumatic injury. With his contract, the team is also long-term invested in him.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by 12footrim » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:26 pm

gimmesome wrote:
12footrim wrote:

dude... have you ever considered being a coach?

i mean you're out here giving advice on injuries, shooting mechanics and team chemistry.

i think you should look into it

dude... you ever consider using simple logic in viewing situations?

I think you should look into it
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#15 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:05 pm

great news, nice to see the progress. don't see him returning though.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#16 » by colaroaster » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:59 pm

the bones healed w/o pins or ligament damage is the best news celtics/gordo would want. now all he needs is rebuild his leg strength, which 4-6 weeks with another few weeks of nba conditioning he realistically could be back (limited basis) sooner vs. later.

having broken my tib/fibia it's a hellova lot easier than labrum or acl... which i've also done.

blue sky's
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#17 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 am

colaroaster wrote:the bones healed w/o pins or ligament damage is the best news celtics/gordo would want. now all he needs is rebuild his leg strength, which 4-6 weeks with another few weeks of nba conditioning he realistically could be back (limited basis) sooner vs. later.

having broken my tib/fibia it's a hellova lot easier than labrum or acl... which i've also done.

blue sky's

Ya, no ligament damage, that's key
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion