Suns Could Already Be Decided Upon Deandre Ayton At No. 1

Harry Garris
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,044

Re: Suns Could Already Be Decided Upon Deandre Ayton At No. 1 

Post#21 » by Harry Garris » Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 pm

I think Ayton is a great fit for the Suns. They need a center badly... Ayton wasn't a great defender in college but he's got all the athleticism in the world to become one and that Arizona team is coached so poorly I wouldn't be surprised if he'd do much better with a real coach in a real system where people know what they're doing.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,278

Post#22 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu May 17, 2018 12:04 am

Wonder if Chriss and Bender factors into this
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,761

Post#23 » by shadrock » Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Wonder if Chriss and Bender factors into this

Not even a tiny bit...
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 6,007

Post#24 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 am

That would be dumb. Since you already picked that coach just go ahead and pick Doncic already.
A new era or error?
IrishBeatdown
Bench Warmer
And1: 792

Post#25 » by IrishBeatdown » Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 am

Harry Garris wrote:I think Ayton is a great fit for the Suns. They need a center badly... Ayton wasn't a great defender in college but he's got all the athleticism in the world to become one and that Arizona team is coached so poorly I wouldn't be surprised if he'd do much better with a real coach in a real system where people know what they're doing.

Sean Miller has shown himself to be a great recruiter, but not a particularly good coach or developer of talent, I'd have to agree completely. I don't think he knew what to do with Ayton besides trot him out there and have him, "Go get hoops."
KGdaBom
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#26 » by KGdaBom » Thu May 17, 2018 4:28 am

DarkHawk wrote:Gambo is rarely right on his 'insider' reports. I'll believe it when I see it.

As soon as he says 100% he proves he's an idiot. There is no way a 100% chance meaning zero chance on taking anybody else. He could get injured before the draft. A youtube of him with a gas mask could show up. Anything can happen.
luss54321
Sixth Man
And1: 219

Post#27 » by luss54321 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:42 am

KGdaBom wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:Gambo is rarely right on his 'insider' reports. I'll believe it when I see it.

As soon as he says 100% he proves he's an idiot. There is no way a 100% chance meaning zero chance on taking anybody else. He could get injured before the draft. A youtube of him with a gas mask could show up. Anything can happen.

It wasn't meant be taken literally.... come on man.
jason bourne
Sixth Man
And1: 326

Post#28 » by jason bourne » Thu May 17, 2018 6:09 am

Harry Garris wrote:I think Ayton is a great fit for the Suns. They need a center badly... Ayton wasn't a great defender in college but he's got all the athleticism in the world to become one and that Arizona team is coached so poorly I wouldn't be surprised if he'd do much better with a real coach in a real system where people know what they're doing.

I was thinking the same thing. Besides, being the top C and big man in a big man draft, the Suns get a player they need. One of their Cs is getting ready to retire, but I keep telling you not yet, and the other is UFA.

“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.”
DarkHawk
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,117

Post#29 » by DarkHawk » Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 am

KGdaBom wrote:

I think it's more his opinion that he trusts his sources but we'll never know what he knows compared to what the front office is thinking. Some think the Front Office intentionally leaks what they want to be leaked. Maybe a team in the top 5 is hellbent on Ayton and will give up the world to get him.
King 4 a Day, fool for a life time
Thundershock88
Sixth Man
And1: 1,483

Post#30 » by Thundershock88 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:05 pm

I would never take a Center that early in this day and age. This will be a mistake.
KGdaBom
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#31 » by KGdaBom » Mon May 21, 2018 2:05 pm

luss54321 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

It wasn't meant be taken literally.... come on man.

If you don't mean it literally don't say 100%. Say 90% or even 99%. People that say they KNOW something they can't possibly know piss me off.

Return to Wiretap Discussion