Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

captlopez0012
Junior
And1: 8

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge Admits Extreme Frustration, Wants To G 

Post#21 » by captlopez0012 » Mon Sep 2, 2013 12:02 am

PDX_DL0 wrote:
captlopez0012 wrote:
PDX_DL0 wrote:It will be, he can't even create proper paragraphs when he writes. He's already admitted on other posts that he doesn't even follow the Blazers. He didn't even know who Claver or Freeland were even though they played in 50 games :lol: Just another troll on every LMA wiretap

not so much. i just dont like people being a homer and exaggerating there teams skill level or position. be objective. the blazers have a nice 1-2 punch in aldridge and lillard. not much else. foolish to pretend otherwise. and i really dont understand this belief amongst blazer fans that bringing in mo williams all of a sudden solves your bench problems. the guy was never that good and whatever skill he once had have been greatly diminished. and i dont like the position the blazers are in. they seem destined for middle of the road. they have no cap space in the next 2 years and are locked into batum after that. if the goal is to contend for a championship, you have failed. and while you want to hoot and holler about mo williams and company as nice pick-ups. what about the losses? who was the blazers 3rd best player last year? oh thats right: jj hickson. hes gone now. what about eric maynor, who coming into the offseason was your best bench player? hes gone too. but you got a collection of over the hill talent and busted draft picks other teams have given up on and expect that to translate into success. good luck. like i said, its all on aldridge and lillard, dont pretend otherwise. and sorry for not knowing claver and freeland. theyre 2 european scrubs who have accomplished nothing.

Again you can spout all this non sense with no understanding about our team. As you don't follow them, you lack any credibility. Its your opinion so I'll leave it at that.

thats cute. you have no argument (just blind faith) so you revert to "well you dont know our team" i notice youve never once explained to me why i am misinformed. breaks down pretty simple to me. you lose hickson and maynor, and add williams, lopez, robinson, and mccollum. do you see that as playoff type improvement or not? i dont. id love to know why you do. i may not follow the blazers religiously, but i follow basketball. i know enough about the blazers to form an unbiased, completely objective opinion. you should learn to do the same.
Tim Reynolds
Senior
And1: 970

Post#22 » by Tim Reynolds » Mon Sep 2, 2013 1:03 am

captlopez0012 wrote:
PDX_DL0 wrote:
captlopez0012 wrote:
not so much. i just dont like people being a homer and exaggerating there teams skill level or position. be objective. the blazers have a nice 1-2 punch in aldridge and lillard. not much else. foolish to pretend otherwise. and i really dont understand this belief amongst blazer fans that bringing in mo williams all of a sudden solves your bench problems. the guy was never that good and whatever skill he once had have been greatly diminished. and i dont like the position the blazers are in. they seem destined for middle of the road. they have no cap space in the next 2 years and are locked into batum after that. if the goal is to contend for a championship, you have failed. and while you want to hoot and holler about mo williams and company as nice pick-ups. what about the losses? who was the blazers 3rd best player last year? oh thats right: jj hickson. hes gone now. what about eric maynor, who coming into the offseason was your best bench player? hes gone too. but you got a collection of over the hill talent and busted draft picks other teams have given up on and expect that to translate into success. good luck. like i said, its all on aldridge and lillard, dont pretend otherwise. and sorry for not knowing claver and freeland. theyre 2 european scrubs who have accomplished nothing.

Again you can spout all this non sense with no understanding about our team. As you don't follow them, you lack any credibility. Its your opinion so I'll leave it at that.

thats cute. you have no argument (just blind faith) so you revert to "well you dont know our team" i notice youve never once explained to me why i am misinformed. breaks down pretty simple to me. you lose hickson and maynor, and add williams, lopez, robinson, and mccollum. do you see that as playoff type improvement or not? i dont. id love to know why you do. i may not follow the blazers religiously, but i follow basketball. i know enough about the blazers to form an unbiased, completely objective opinion. you should learn to do the same.

Like everyone has stated, your tremendous lack of basketball knowledge is amusing. I really think you should use Skip Bayless as your avatar.

I'm going to break down only one of your logical fallacies, because all the real Blazers fans know this stuff already.

You're claim that going from JJ Hickson to Robin Lopez is a downgrade is proof enough that you don't know jack about the Blazers. JJ Hickson is a better basketball PLAYER then Lopez, but Lopez is a better CENTER then Hickson. If you knew about the Blazers, you'd know that we used Hickson was our starting CENTER all of last year.

Guess how tall Hickson is? *drum-roll* 6'9"!!! I wonder how many blocks he averaged last year... oh yeah that's right, 0.6 blocks per game.

How tall is Robin Lopez? 7 feet you say?! How many blocks did he average last year? What's that, 1.6 BPG you say!?!

Hm, thinking about blocks makes me curious about how many points were allowed in the paint per game last season by the Blazers. HOLY CRAP YOU MEAN THEY ALLOWED 47.4 PER GAME, A LEAGUE HIGH!?!?

See, this is why Lopez is an big improvement [i]for the Blazers[/], and proof that you don't know what your talking about. No one claims that this is a championship bound team, but it is a team that is taking the necessary steps to become a legit playoff team. Of course injuries and the development of the younger players is a risk, but well duh this is the NBA.

I could break down your other points, but I'll leave it at this because I'm tired of writing about this, and I've already reached my goal of proving that I know more about what I'm talking about then you do.
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.
captlopez0012
Junior
And1: 8

Post#23 » by captlopez0012 » Mon Sep 2, 2013 2:03 am

Tim Reynolds wrote:Like everyone has stated, your tremendous lack of basketball knowledge is amusing. I really think you should use Skip Bayless as your avatar.

I'm going to break down only one of your logical fallacies, because all the real Blazers fans know this stuff already.

You're claim that going from JJ Hickson to Robin Lopez is a downgrade is proof enough that you don't know jack about the Blazers. JJ Hickson is a better basketball PLAYER then Lopez, but Lopez is a better CENTER then Hickson. If you knew about the Blazers, you'd know that we used Hickson was our starting CENTER all of last year.

Guess how tall Hickson is? *drum-roll* 6'9"!!! I wonder how many blocks he averaged last year... oh yeah that's right, 0.6 blocks per game.

How tall is Robin Lopez? 7 feet you say?! How many blocks did he average last year? What's that, 1.6 BPG you say!?!

Hm, thinking about blocks makes me curious about how many points were allowed in the paint per game last season by the Blazers. HOLY CRAP YOU MEAN THEY ALLOWED 47.4 PER GAME, A LEAGUE HIGH!?!?

See, this is why Lopez is an big improvement [i]for the Blazers[/], and proof that you don't know what your talking about. No one claims that this is a championship bound team, but it is a team that is taking the necessary steps to become a legit playoff team. Of course injuries and the development of the younger players is a risk, but well duh this is the NBA.

I could break down your other points, but I'll leave it at this because I'm tired of writing about this, and I've already reached my goal of proving that I know more about what I'm talking about then you do.

im glad you know how to use google and look up a bunch of stats to support your own argument. but i actually WATCH basketball. yes, lopez is a good high energy defender. his best quality is his shot blocking. but what you gain there, you lose elsewhere. lopez is a TERRIBLE rebounder. and unlike his brother, lopez has no offensive game. this guy is a nice backup on a good team and an okay starter on a bad team. and he is your best pickup. but since you know so much more than me. did you not watch mo williams steady decline the last few years. did you miss thomas robinsons horrendous rookie campaign? did you not notice your rookie first round pick broke his foot during the college season? these are the guys youre boasting about? thats funny. but all this is irrelevant. my original point before blazer fans got upset, is that the blazers may be better, but they have not made significant improvement that constitutes them being considered of the 8 best teams in the west. there are 6 playoff spots (spurs, thunder, rockets, clippers, grizz, warriors) virtually locked up before the season starts. that leaves blazers, lakers, nuggets, and twolves for those last 2. and i dont see you being in the top 2 out of those 4. not a lot of people do. not the oddsmakers. not the nba analysts. mostly just portland fans. wonder why that is? and the future dont look much better. no cap space. no trade assets. your only real hope lies in damian lillard emerging into a superstar. why do you think there is so much speculation on aldridges future? b/c this is a team going nowhere fast and everyone else sees it, everyone but blazer fans. even aldridge knows it in the back of his mind. nobody wants to play for a team whos ceiling is a .500 record and a fight for the 8 seed.

Return to Wiretap Discussion