Post#22 » by Flyologist » Tue May 6, 2014 12:34 am

Saig wrote:I also hear the Raptors are going to pursue Bosh in 4 years :lol:

**** Rupaul i'd rather have 37 years old wince lol
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,682

Re: Raptors Interested In Pursuing Vince Carter 

Post#23 » by PDXKnight » Tue May 6, 2014 12:41 am

Carter wanted out of Toronto before, I can't see him wanting to go back there and ultimately I think he picks sa realistically.
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#24 » by CHAMPi0N » Tue May 6, 2014 1:30 am

Tdot24 wrote:
plainballing wrote:
Rated T By CBRA wrote:Agree 100% - despite what people think about him being a great option behind DD, not a good idea. How often does anyone get back with their ex and have it work out? Plus I am sure at this point in his career, VC is looking for a title contender - not a playoff hopefully team (no disrespect to the Raps, but they are not title contenders at this moment).

Move on everyone, as a Raps fan I have...so has the team. I am positive VC has as well. Not all stories are fairy tales, and that is ok!

No disrespect to the Mavs, but neither is Dallas a contender. It would be a difference maker if we can play Vince instead of Salmon in that series...Salmon didn't give us great defence nor a threat on the other end.

I like VC, always been a fan. But I doubt he'll provide that defensive stopper that we're looking for. We need someone like Sefolosha or Jimmy Butler. Someone who knows their game and isn't looking to do too much.

It really hurt Raptor fans the way Vince whined and faked injuries through the last few years of his Raptor tenure. Add to that the "not trying" and "not dunking" crap VC kept pulling, it was really tough to take for fans. How do fans cheer for this guy, their franchise player, when he's constantly injured and POUTING about what people may say about him? Add to that he was traded for ERIC WILLIAMS + AARON WILLIAMS + JOEY GRAHAM + ALONZO MOURNING (who never played, later won with Miami). I mean come on!!!! Still, VC played awesome early on and had wicked dunks. He had the potential to be great, IF HE TRIED lol.

As for upgrading Salmons, a minimum-contract type of guy who's being paid like $7M this year, there are a ton of options on the market. We should actually be looking to get someone ten times better than Salmons skill-wise... that's where the cut off begins lol.

Sefolosha or Butler would be good options - however we need someone who has more of a SF game, and can guard the low block a bit too. Luol Deng looks like an awesome player to have but I am scared to ask what his price tag looks like, and it's probably a 4 year deal he's looking for. Maybe Trevor Ariza?
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,811

Post#25 » by Dennis 37 » Tue May 6, 2014 3:53 am

Flyologist wrote:
Saig wrote:I also hear the Raptors are going to pursue Bosh in 4 years :lol:

**** Rupaul i'd rather have 37 years old wince lol

37, you don't say?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
mjd58
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#26 » by mjd58 » Tue May 6, 2014 6:32 am

aroba wrote:
CHAMPi0N wrote:Wow, are you kidding me? This is a joke right? This guy should never be welcomed back in Toronto. :nonono:

Just because of how he left, it tainted his legacy and I wouldn't even retire his number. #F***WhatJalenSays

First of all, you should know the real story and stop this BS once for all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G2L0WZPM-Q
it was NOT HIS FAULT. HE went to Sam Mitchell and told him "please don't trade me", right the day before.
Check interview there, Raptors GM then saying it was necessary to trade him

Ha actually should come back to Toronto as the greatest Raptor ever and make justice to him :evil:

You know, we don't know anything for certain. For all we know, the whole Vince Carter TV special that aired had something to do with the Raptors 20th season - and the annoying fact that in it's 20 years, there are no retired Jerseys hanging from the top of the Air Canada Center. Who else but Vince Carter - the face of the franchise - deserves his jersey at the top?

Perhaps the people who got Vince interested in this documentary decided that a different narrative deserved to be told. Even if it was a false narrative, a clever person could convince Vince that we should let bygones be bygones.

In my opinion, I am skeptical of the story. The idea that Vince didn't put pressure on Raptors management to get traded is probably wrong, and that he may have been playing less than his 100% - which he did actually imply in one his answers - is probably right. One thing I remember distinctly about Carter was his "whininess". He complained very easily, and broke down, and became depressed, and distressed, rather easily as well. So, when you feel this way on the inside, it's understandable that Vince would have trouble motivating himself before games and during games - to play at the level that a Kobe Bryant and Dirk Nowitzki can muster into their awareness.

Vince is human. I don't need false narratives to convince me. But, apparently, most people do. If you want to believe the narrative that Vince didn't actually want to get traded, go ahead. Me, I think he deserves to be forgiven. The past is the past. He has grown since then, and obviously, given his career so far, he has no doubt had lots of time to reflect on the past and lament decisions he made in the past.

The idea of redeeming himself, or finding forgiveness from the city that made him famous, no doubt is attractive to him. The Raptors, in my mind, developed a plan to not only get Vince Carters jersey retired in Toronto during the 20th season, but I wouldn't be very surprised if the Raptors end up signing him and filling out the SF position which they're searching for.

That'd be a nice finish. A spellbinding story-line for the start of next season. Game 1: Vince Carter's Jersey is retired with Vince Carter back in Toronto uniform, starting at the 3. Sounds like poetry.
Robin_Banks
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Robin_Banks » Tue May 6, 2014 8:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTHP2K1ZWY

No fukking thanks. I'll pass. Pursue somebody else Masai, you're an imbecile if you bring him back.
zeebo
Junior
And1: 27

Post#28 » by zeebo » Tue May 6, 2014 1:49 pm

I would be worried about the chemistry and if Carter would be a distraction. He could be used coming of the bench as a 6th man but would T. Ross playing time go down? Would they play small ball? I like John Salmons but not at 7 million so Carter could replace him. The chemistry on the second unit with Sac Town guys was great and won us a lot of games so I would be worried about that!
DJ3thenew23 says:

"I love Lebron and will follow him anywhere. Don't hate me cause I bandwagon Lebron anywhere he goes. I used to be a Cavs fan!
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#29 » by IMAN5 » Tue May 6, 2014 4:57 pm

VC is probably the reason toronto didn't lose their team like vancouver did. He built hype, created a fanbase, he put the Raptors on the map whether for good or bad.

Bring him home. He still has a lot to offer. This is a lot better than when BC tried going after Nash.
instagram.com/510movement

Return to Wiretap Discussion