Pau Gasol Prioritized Chance To Win Title In Picking Bulls

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,137

Re: Pau Gasol Prioritized Chance To Win Title In Picking Bul 

Post#21 » by Jvaughn » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:59 am

Cicero wrote:lol, he prioritized his title chances so he picked the BULLS? Don't you mean he prioritizes the chance to get owned in the finals by whoever comes out of the west? :lol:

Easiest path to the Finals is in the East. The West is a lot harder to get out. You have to battle with teams like OKC, SAS, GSW, and LAC to get to the Finals.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
aroba
Senior
And1: 43

Post#22 » by aroba » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:23 am

HeartBreaking wrote:pau gasol is hardly an upgrade over booza

Dumbest thing ever heard on Real GM....
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#23 » by damecurry » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:44 am

totalrekall wrote:
totalrekall wrote:Pau Gasol is an idiot. picking between Spurs and Bulls and you pick Bulls to win a championship? either he really believes what he said and is an idiot or he knows its bull5hit and said it anyway. so he's an idiot either way. kind of lame bc I always thought he was intelligent and thoughtful. once you say something like this I lose respect for you and just think you're a stupid a55hole

realgm is a **** (Please Use More Appropriate Word) website for censoring posts. how **** childish. how about some freedom of **** speech. message boards are pointless if people arent allowed to say what they want. might as well shut it down like the dumb **** at espn

I do not at all agree with the first post, completely agree with the second.
Buffalo_Tim
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#24 » by Buffalo_Tim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:52 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:Bull hookie, if he had prioritized winning a title he'd be in OKC or San Antonio right now.

He prioritized getting paid, in a major city, while still at least having some outside shot at a title.

^This.

I don't understand his reasoning at all. I guess the Bulls must have done a really, really, really good job selling their chances. I don't blame Pau for taking a decent contract (e.g. more money than the real contenders were offering), but clearly he had other options on teams that have a way better chance of winning a title in the next three years.
boren
Junior
And1: 266

Post#25 » by boren » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:05 am

Spurs advantages - unquestionably better chance of a title; game style more suitable to utilize his strengths; no Thibs to run him into the ground playing too many minutes; much better weather; much lower chance of being murdered

Bulls advantage - more money
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#26 » by Jvaughn » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 pm

boren wrote:Spurs advantages - unquestionably better chance of a title; game style more suitable to utilize his strengths; no Thibs to run him into the ground playing too many minutes; much better weather; much lower chance of being murdered

Stop watching Fox News. I split time between living in San Antonio, and the Chicagoland are, and the risks of me actually being murdered or involved in any violent crime are extremely low in either place.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
boren
Junior
And1: 266

Post#27 » by boren » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Jvaughn wrote:
boren wrote:Spurs advantages - unquestionably better chance of a title; game style more suitable to utilize his strengths; no Thibs to run him into the ground playing too many minutes; much better weather; much lower chance of being murdered

Stop watching Fox News. I split time between living in San Antonio, and the Chicagoland are, and the risks of me actually being murdered or involved in any violent crime are extremely low in either place.

The absolute odds are not very high, but they are still significantly higher in Chicago:

http://www.areaconnect.com/crime/compar ... cago&s2=IL

I assume you agree with everything else I wrote? :wink:
Skoolboy
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#28 » by Skoolboy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:18 pm

He should have come to the Knicks if he was going to sign for so cheap
With Pao, Melo, and Calderon we would have made a serious push for Marc Gasol

a starting 5 of Calderon, Shump, Melo, Pao, Gasol is championship contender especially running the triangle.
Why do the Yankees win every year? 'Cause they can't keep their eyes off the pinstripes
adam g
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#29 » by adam g » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:51 pm

boren wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

The absolute odds are not very high, but they are still significantly higher in Chicago:

Murders were down 12% in Chicago in 2013 when compared to 2006.

I've lived in Chicago proper for the past decade and am in San Antonio several times a year. In the areas that Pau is likely going to be spending time, there is almost no risk of being a victim of any violent crime.

EDIT: the Bulls are arguably the deepest team in the league, particularly on the front line. The problem will be finding everybody minutes, not running their bigs into the ground.
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#30 » by Jvaughn » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:54 pm

boren wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

Chances that i get murdered in either cities are almost as high as my chances of winning the lottery. Doesn't mean it's a legitimate threat. How many Bulls players have been murdered in the city?

And no I don't agree with the rest of your assertions. I just picked out the most ridiculous part of your post. I don't think Pau's chances of winning a ring are higher in San Antonio, since the Spurs have a tougher road to the Finals. I think they're a better team than the Bulls, but that doesn't mean they'll have an easier route to the Finals.

I also don't think he'll have to worry about Thibs running him into the ground. Our big man rotation is too deep (Noah/Gasol/Taj/Mirotic) for anybody to have to worry about extended minutes. And the weather part is just silly. The basketball season is in full blown effect during the coldest months of the year.

Take it from someone that lives in both places, the heat you endure during the summer months in San Antonio is almost as equally miserable as most Chicago winters. You can't do much outside during the day in San Antonio during the hot months. If it's not done before noon or after 7, it will have to wait for another day.

Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#31 » by Cicero » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:11 pm

HeartBreaking wrote:
totalrekall wrote:Pau Gasol is an idiot. picking between Spurs and Bulls and you pick Bulls to win a championship? either he really believes what he said and is an idiot or he knows its bull and said it anyway. so he's an idiot either way. kind of lame bc I always thought he was intelligent and thoughtful. once you say something like this I lose respect for you and just think you're a stupid ****

spurs aren't guaransheed for the finals tho, the east is weak

**** it though, it's not like I'm even trying to be a Spurs fanboy. Join OKC!

Jvaughn wrote:
Cicero wrote:lol, he prioritized his title chances so he picked the BULLS? Don't you mean he prioritizes the chance to get owned in the finals by whoever comes out of the west? :lol:

Easiest path to the Finals is in the East. The West is a lot harder to get out. You have to battle with teams like OKC, SAS, GSW, and LAC to get to the Finals.

The East may be weak, but that also means that anyone getting out of the East is just competing for a chance to get WHOOPED by the team coming out of the West. You do grasp that, right? It doesn't matter that the East is weak, unless all you're aspiring to is reaching the Finals or ECF and not actually winning a title.
Unless you're actually telling me you think the Bulls or really any team in the East is capable of beating OKC or the Spurs in a seven game series, because if so LOL.

People keep parroting this "EAST IS WEAK"/"HE'S GOT BETTER TITLE CHANCES ON THE BULLS", but seriously it's such total bull. Think about it. Yeah, the East is weak! That also means that it's meaningless whoever wins the East, because they're going to get their asses whooped.
Let me make this clear, outside of injury and sheer dumb luck, no team in the East is a **** "championship contender". lmfao smdh.

I don't mean to be rude but you fans of Eastern teams seriously need to get your heads out of the dream or out of your own asses. This is a Jason Kidd New Jersey Nets vs. Spurs Finals year. This is post-Heat-Super-Team Eastern era, and the Heat Super Team was like the only thing holding up the East and keeping it competitive against the West. It doesn't really matter at **** all who comes out of the East.
Jvaughn
RealGM

Post#32 » by Jvaughn » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Cicero wrote:LOUD NOISES!!

Try to follow the conversation fully. The path to the Finals is easier. In the West you have to go through LAC, SAS, OKC, and GSW. IF a team makes it past that, then they have to battle an Eastern Conference foe who will have had easier series'. So, yes I do think a healthy Eastern Conference team.

Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#33 » by Cicero » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Jvaughn wrote:
Cicero wrote:LOUD NOISES!!

FART FART FART FART

Try to follow the conversation fully. If all you're interested in is reaching the Finals, congratulations. No Eastern Conference team is going to beat OKC or SAS in a seven game series in the Finals.
You're only competing for the honor of being the 2000s Jason Kidd Nets. Congratu-fuking-lations.

The path to the Finals is easier because there's less talent compared to the West, but that also means that no one is beating the Western Finals team.
I'd rather go for one of the top 1-2 Western favorites than a team that is just going to get steamrolled in the Finals. Especially since adding me, Pau Gasol, would clearly give the Spurs or OKC an edge over each other, whichever side I picked.

But then again you're a Bulls fan, so I mean, I guess you have to keep telling yourself this sort of stuff otherwise you just grasp the futile meaningless of being a 2014 Eastern Conference team.
Hope springs eternal and all that.

Return to Wiretap Discussion