Joakim Noah Unhappy With Current Situation With Bulls

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM
And1: 66,573

Re: Joakim Noah Unhappy With Current Situation With Bulls 

Post#21 » by 720 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:20 am

Chi Dynasty12 wrote:Something like Noah, Mirotic, McDermott, Picks for Cousins? I'm sure SAC could get way more but just the start of an idea

LOL
Legend Of Chim
Junior
And1: 677

Post#22 » by Legend Of Chim » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:25 am

alienpick wrote:As much as I dislike them, the CAVS should really look at this.

you think Noah would ever want to play for the Cavs? lol
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#23 » by McKenna » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:32 am

Legend Of Chim wrote:you think Noah would ever want to play for the Cavs? lol

Well ****, his own team doesn't really want to play him.. so at this stage I don't think anyone really cares what Noah wants.

His hand clapping and general antics certainly didn't even get him out of the ECF, so I guess the lol should be directed straight at Noah.
CouchCoach
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#24 » by CouchCoach » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:40 am

Totally agree with one of the comments, that the Bulls would never make a trade with the Cavs. The last thing the Bulls wants to do is make one of their Conference contenders stronger. If they trade him (which they wont) it will be to the West. However for argument sake, hows this for a trade.

Cavs get Joakim Noah - 13.4m (1 year)

Bulls get Anderson Varejao - 9.6m (3 years)
Timofey Mozgov - 4.9m (1 year)

*ESPN Trade Machine

The salaries work out and the Cavs get a better defender and passer and the bulls get better offense with Mozgov and a poormans Noah in Varejao because is hustle and plays decent defense. At the end of the day it will never happen because for a number of reasons, but its an interesting bigs for bigs trade. The other problem is the Bulls are going to want an all-star for Noah. They would rather misuse him and bench him or let him walk before they trade him for something under all-star value.
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#25 » by McKenna » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:50 am

There's no way the Cavs would give up that much depth for Noah imho.

But completely agree that the Bulls & Cavs won't be laying in the same bed any time soon.
NYKsince03
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#26 » by NYKsince03 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:05 am

NYK please make the move perfect passing C for the triangle
PHIL JACKSON bring this man home !!!!!
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#27 » by damecurry » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:16 am

rousa27 wrote:

If he would have kept his mouth shut about Cleveland/LeBron through the years and been a professional, maybe this would be possible. As it stands though, he basically burned any bridge he would have had with Cleveland. Besides, no way the Bulls would help out the Cavs.

If the cavs owner can bash lebron to hell then bring him back I don't see why noah saying a few remarks while on their rival would barr him for life but okay.... :crazy:
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#28 » by luss54321 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:02 am

The Bulls are trading Noah to clear up room in the front court, and they want a wing in return.

Noah is on the last year of a contract, making 14 million, which means his possible destinations would be: a) a team that doesn't plan on resigning him, and just wants to clear that money off the books to pursue a FA in the offseason, b) a contender that believes he is the final piece to a championship run, c) A team that Noah wants to resign for, and they want him long term.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#29 » by ChosunX » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:47 am

HornetsNationYT wrote:
basketboule wrote:He's going to San Antonio.

That **** stain is going to ruin the franchise.

What? Why?
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#30 » by Billl » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:33 pm

The bulls have shot themselves in the foot with their overly optimistic plan to throw some vets around rose and compete for a title. They aren't good enough to win it now, and eventually, this type of stuff is going to come to a head. Guys might be willing to sacrifice for a title, but not just to be an also-ran.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#31 » by RememberLu » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Bulls fans will always have love for Noah, everything he's meant to this franchise. But at this point the guy isn't even being guarded by opposing teams. He's a big that can't finish a lay up.
CouchCoach
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#32 » by CouchCoach » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:47 pm

luss54321 wrote:The Bulls are trading Noah to clear up room in the front court, and they want a wing in return.

Noah is on the last year of a contract, making 14 million, which means his possible destinations would be: a) a team that doesn't plan on resigning him, and just wants to clear that money off the books to pursue a FA in the offseason, b) a contender that believes he is the final piece to a championship run, c) A team that Noah wants to resign for, and they want him long term.

I'm not totally sold on whether or not he bulls are going to trade Noah, but there is one major factor that the bulls are going to need to consider with Noah. With the increase of the salary cap (explosion of players contracts) players that are no ware near as good as Noah are currently getting more than him. Not that I don't like Triston Thompson but he's on 14.4m per year so you have to assume Noah's is going to go up to about 16-17m range. The bulls really need to consider whether or not they can justify that for a guy coming off the bench only providing hustle and defense (because they are not passing through him like Tibs did).
To all the comments about Noah's comments about lebron and the rivalry, give me a break. Noah bleeds for the team he plays for and Lebron and the whole league know this. If he was traded to the Cavs (he wont be) Lebron would embrace him because he's a great locker room guy and would be a great team mate. Game reckonise game. Passion and competitiveness is always respected in sports.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 151

Post#33 » by MitchB3 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:58 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:I had a feeling something like this would happen, and know watch the Bulls go from contender to rebuilding after this season is done. Noah, is there best defender and also one of the best passing big men, so to bench him just to go with offense, is sad.

Why comment with such a small amount of basic background on the issue? Noah's been hobbled and pretty brutal on offense, and he's still been playing as much as any other of the Bulls bigs except Gasol (the Bulls' starting C). Gibson, Mirotic, and Noah all play roughly the same amount of minutes, they're all out there depending on match-ups and hot streaks. The only argument that Noah should be playing significantly more is that they should be stroking his ego in hopes of re-signing him. Otherwise, the platoon makes perfect sense and it's going to give them a lot of options come playoff time.

Noah role was never to score, it was more to play defense and be that glue that kept the together. Noah isn't going to complain about his role, he's a GREAT team guy but once you disrespectfully just bench him just to go with offense (which by the way is still centered around one or two players being able to score, is a problem. I would say the Bulls need to trade him, but it looks like no team is going to trade for an injured who is going to explore his option, this off-season.

Return to Wiretap Discussion