LeBron James Spoke With Koby Altman After Kyrie Irving Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Re: LeBron James Spoke With Koby Altman After Kyrie Irving Trade 

Post#21 » by Hoopzilla » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Pukovnik wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:I am not a hater, I state facts. Lebron is so concerned about the narrative around him and calls out anyone who speaks his name. This doesn't work one way, he needs to be held accountable for his crap too.

It's really easy to make 7 straight finals when you bounce around the league and cherry pick the best situation. Funny how he has only been able to win 3, but lost 5. He is so clutch he has watched teams celebrate winning a title right in front of him 5 times. He is a regular at the big dance, but when the last dance comes at the end, he is standing on the side watching everyone else celebrate. A 3-5 Finals record indicates just how clutch or in his situation, just how un-clutch he is. There is a reason he teamed up with D Wade and Kyrie, he needs players that can put the games away for him, he cannot do it himself

Don't even know where to start with this. First of all, a piece of advice, stop smoking weed....IMMEDIATELY!

Secondly, "its really easy to make 7 straight finals".....to this I can only say....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Thirdly, "he needs Wade and Kyrie to put away games for him"......literally on 99 percent possessions that resulted in wins for both Miami and Cleveland, James was the initiator...the reason Wade and Kyrie were clutch is because LeBron put them in that situation. He is not going to shoot 7 for 52 to prove a point like someone else, he is going to find the best possible solution for his team, sometimes he will take the last shot, sometimes he will make sure one of his teammates will be in the best possible position to make the shot. That's what great players do, they make a team decision because basketball is, a newsflash for you, A TEAM SPORT!

Fourthly, you really need to look up what the word "fact" means, because, you might say you are not a hater, but everybody here sees that you really are a hater. This is by far the stupidest argument against LeBron James in history.

When you leave a number one ranked team to join to current all stars, that is an easy route to the Finals. When you leave that team for an unprecedented amount of number one picks that already has the best one on one player in the game, that is stacking the deck even more. So yeah, when you are the best player in the game and you run to make even more unfair teams, yearly trips to the Finals should be in the cards.

Your third point only strengthens my argument. You admit James was the initiator. So you agree Kyrie and D Wade were the closers. If it wasn't James, it would have been the point guard passing them the ball. I have no clue why you give James credit for passing the ball and getting out of the way. He isn't threading easy passes for uncontested shots. He is giving them the ball and hoping either Wade or Kyrie can bring it home for him. Lebron made the decisions that he would not be the best player to take those shots, so he teams up with guys that can do it for him. That hardly deserves any credit if you claim to be the best player in the world.

You can tell me I'm a hater, but I am not seeing anyone And1 your comments here. You Lebron nut huggers are all the same, so blind it is funny. Your response has to be the saddest defense for Lebron I have seen on this board.
Johnnyceltic
Ballboy
And1: 39

Post#22 » by Johnnyceltic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:
Johnnyceltic wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:
I really suggest you get some help with reading comprehension. You don't get it.

Answer this...
How is Kyrie acting in the only way to be? He just betrayed LeBron.

Why does LeBron directly address Kyrie with kid, as you say, and then refer to him in the third person "special guy/talent"?

The reason you can't answer that is because you're 200% wrong after you doubled down on being 100% wrong. Triple down. I dare you.

I can't answer a question that make no sense gramatically: How is Kyrie acting in the only way to be?

Say that out loud to yourself, seriously. Better yet, take it to a tutor and let them show you how to form a sentence and a complete thought.

1) The original tweet said thank you Kyrie
2) James responded to that tweet by saying "That's the only way to be to the kid!" (that means being thankful for Kyrie's contributions is the only way to be, he is in no way speaking to the tweeter)
3) He then spoke about Kyrie in the third person because only has a high school education. As it was a separate thought from the first sentence, he couldn't keep any continuity because he lacks the english skills required to keep his tweet uniform.

If he were responding to the original tweeter, he would have said "That is the only way to be!", but he didn't stop there. He said "That is the only way to be to the kid". Saying "that is the only way to be to Kyrie, thankful." It is those three words "to the kid" you are not understanding.

He betrayed Lebron? That has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard. He decided that Lebron wasn't going to leech off him anymore and take all the credit. Now, when Kyrie hits the game winner, they won't be talking about how awesome the pass from Lebron was. They will congratulate him for winning the game. That is why he left, he was sick of being in the shadow of the guy who passes him the ball at the end of games.

For some reason I didn't read "to the"...

For some reason my brain just assumed it was a kid making the video and I didn't even see it.

Time to eat 800% crow, lol.
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#23 » by Hoopzilla » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Pukovnik wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:I am not a hater, I state facts. Lebron is so concerned about the narrative around him and calls out anyone who speaks his name. This doesn't work one way, he needs to be held accountable for his crap too.

It's really easy to make 7 straight finals when you bounce around the league and cherry pick the best situation. Funny how he has only been able to win 3, but lost 5. He is so clutch he has watched teams celebrate winning a title right in front of him 5 times. He is a regular at the big dance, but when the last dance comes at the end, he is standing on the side watching everyone else celebrate. A 3-5 Finals record indicates just how clutch or in his situation, just how un-clutch he is. There is a reason he teamed up with D Wade and Kyrie, he needs players that can put the games away for him, he cannot do it himself

Don't even know where to start with this. First of all, a piece of advice, stop smoking weed....IMMEDIATELY!

Secondly, "its really easy to make 7 straight finals".....to this I can only say....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Thirdly, "he needs Wade and Kyrie to put away games for him"......literally on 99 percent possessions that resulted in wins for both Miami and Cleveland, James was the initiator...the reason Wade and Kyrie were clutch is because LeBron put them in that situation. He is not going to shoot 7 for 52 to prove a point like someone else, he is going to find the best possible solution for his team, sometimes he will take the last shot, sometimes he will make sure one of his teammates will be in the best possible position to make the shot. That's what great players do, they make a team decision because basketball is, a newsflash for you, A TEAM SPORT!

Fourthly, you really need to look up what the word "fact" means, because, you might say you are not a hater, but everybody here sees that you really are a hater. This is by far the stupidest argument against LeBron James in history.

When you leave a number one ranked team to join two current all stars, that is an easy route to the Finals. When you leave that team for an unprecedented amount of number one picks that already has the best one on one player in the game, that is stacking the deck even more. So yeah, when you are the best player in the game and you run to make even more unfair teams, yearly trips to the Finals should be in the cards.

Your third point only strengthens my argument. You admit James was the initiator. So you agree Kyrie and D Wade were the closers. If it wasn't James, it would have been the point guard passing them the ball. I have no clue why you give James credit for passing the ball and getting out of the way. He isn't threading easy passes for uncontested shots. He is giving them the ball and hoping either Wade or Kyrie can bring it home for him. Lebron made the decisions that he would not be the best player to take those shots, so he teams up with guys that can do it for him. That hardly deserves any credit if you claim to be the best player in the world.

You can tell me I'm a hater, but I am not seeing anyone And1 your comments here. You Lebron nut huggers are all the same, so blind it is funny. Your response has to be the saddest defense for Lebron I have seen on this board.
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#24 » by Hoopzilla » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Johnnyceltic wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:
Johnnyceltic wrote:
Answer this...

Why does LeBron directly address Kyrie with kid, as you say, and then refer to him in the third person "special guy/talent"?

The reason you can't answer that is because you're 200% wrong after you doubled down on being 100% wrong. Triple down. I dare you.

I can't answer a question that make no sense gramatically: How is Kyrie acting in the only way to be?

Say that out loud to yourself, seriously. Better yet, take it to a tutor and let them show you how to form a sentence and a complete thought.

2) James responded to that tweet by saying "That's the only way to be to the kid!" (that means being thankful for Kyrie's contributions is the only way to be, he is in no way speaking to the tweeter)
3) He then spoke about Kyrie in the third person because only has a high school education. As it was a separate thought from the first sentence, he couldn't keep any continuity because he lacks the english skills required to keep his tweet uniform.

If he were responding to the original tweeter, he would have said "That is the only way to be!", but he didn't stop there. He said "That is the only way to be to the kid". Saying "that is the only way to be to Kyrie, thankful." It is those three words "to the kid" you are not understanding.

He betrayed Lebron? That has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard. He decided that Lebron wasn't going to leech off him anymore and take all the credit. Now, when Kyrie hits the game winner, they won't be talking about how awesome the pass from Lebron was. They will congratulate him for winning the game. That is why he left, he was sick of being in the shadow of the guy who passes him the ball at the end of games.

For some reason I didn't read "to the"...

For some reason my brain just assumed it was a kid making the video and I didn't even see it.

Time to eat 800% crow, lol.

Not so smug now are you? You can eat crow all you want, but I would try and get some of the egg off your face before it hardens. Next time read the article and responses before becoming so combative in your argument. I dare you...
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,212

Post#25 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:45 am

That was a classy and dignified response by LeBron. That's how we want all of our future players to react.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#26 » by cheese318 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:28 am

FYI - Everyone talks about the shot. Kyrie was GOAT for that moment ending the Warriors. It wasn't LeBron getting his credit. Let's see who wins in the court when the time comes. My money is on LeBron. Want to make a bet? You have Kyrie/Celts. I like my odds and respect seven finals in a row whether how many he won. Kyrie hasn't done anything on his own or as the main man let alone he has Hayward and crew to join him. He should have gone somewhere having to start fresh and over to bring a team to prominence.

Hoopzilla wrote:
Johnnyceltic wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:
I really suggest you get some help with reading comprehension. You don't get it.

Answer this...

Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#27 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:44 am

cheese318 wrote:FYI - Everyone talks about the shot. Kyrie was GOAT for that moment ending the Warriors. It wasn't LeBron getting his credit. Let's see who wins in the court when the time comes. My money is on LeBron. Want to make a bet? You have Kyrie/Celts. I like my odds and respect seven finals in a row whether how many he won. Kyrie hasn't done anything on his own or as the main man let alone he has Hayward and crew to join him. He should have gone somewhere having to start fresh and over to bring a team to prominence.

Hoopzilla wrote:
Johnnyceltic wrote:
Answer this...

FYI - People usually post underneath the previous post so it makes sense to read it.

FYI - Kyrie did start from nothing and just when he was on the cusp of turning the corner and having the tools to be a competitive team, Lebron came back and tore it all down. You can say Kyrie hasn't played like "the man", but if you watched the last half of the fourth quarter of any Finals games over the last few years, you would think it is Kyrie's team. All Lebron does at that point of the games is pass the ball to Kyrie and get out of his way. There is a reason Lebron chose to go back to Cleveland to play with Kyrie specifically, to close games for him. He needed D Wade before that.

Lebron didn't make the playoffs during his first two years and his teams weren't trying to recover from the hole Kyrie inherited when Lebron left them for dead. It took Kyrie two more years to get the team back to a position they could be competitive and Lebron never gave him the chance. But since that point, Kyrie has proven to be as good as Lebron thought he would be when he came back to Cleveland to play with him.

You can bet on Lebron all you want. You would be 3-5 so far in his career, hardly anything to brag about.

Funny how you say you like your odds but in the same sentence acknowledge that his track record would indicate those odds are actually pretty poor. Way to contradict yourself.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#28 » by johnnyballgame » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:20 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
cheese318 wrote:FYI - Everyone talks about the shot. Kyrie was GOAT for that moment ending the Warriors. It wasn't LeBron getting his credit. Let's see who wins in the court when the time comes. My money is on LeBron. Want to make a bet? You have Kyrie/Celts. I like my odds and respect seven finals in a row whether how many he won. Kyrie hasn't done anything on his own or as the main man let alone he has Hayward and crew to join him. He should have gone somewhere having to start fresh and over to bring a team to prominence.

Hoopzilla wrote:

FYI - People usually post underneath the previous post so it makes sense to read it.

FYI - Kyrie did start from nothing and just when he was on the cusp of turning the corner and having the tools to be a competitive team, Lebron came back and tore it all down. You can say Kyrie hasn't played like "the man", but if you watched the last half of the fourth quarter of any Finals games over the last few years, you would think it is Kyrie's team. All Lebron does at that point of the games is pass the ball to Kyrie and get out of his way. There is a reason Lebron chose to go back to Cleveland to play with oKyrie specifically, to close games for him. He needed D Wade before that.

Lebron didn't make the playoffs during his first two years and his teams weren't trying to recover from the hole Kyrie inherited when Lebron left them for dead. It took Kyrie two more years to get the team back to a position they could be competitive and Lebron never gave him the chance. But since that point, Kyrie has proven to be as good as Lebron thought he would be when he came back to Cleveland to play with him.

You can bet on Lebron all you want. You would be 3-5 so far in his career, hardly anything to brag about.

Funny how you say you like your odds but in the same sentence acknowledge that his track record would indicate those odds are actually pretty poor. Way to contradict yourself.

Claiming LeBron is 'poor' or isn't any good for HIS TEAMS being 3-5 in finals is just ignorant. It's a team sport. One man can only carry so much. If anything you should give credit because the consistency of only the very best team could beat him.
You guys who think only rings matter crack me up. You never give Big Shot Bob credit for being better than Jordan, though he clearly is. And James Jones was way, way better than Ewing, Olajuwon, Barkley, Dr. J, etc.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#29 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:58 am

johnnyballgame wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

FYI - Kyrie did start from nothing and just when he was on the cusp of turning the corner and having the tools to be a competitive team, Lebron came back and tore it all down. You can say Kyrie hasn't played like "the man", but if you watched the last half of the fourth quarter of any Finals games over the last few years, you would think it is Kyrie's team. All Lebron does at that point of the games is pass the ball to Kyrie and get out of his way. There is a reason Lebron chose to go back to Cleveland to play with oKyrie specifically, to close games for him. He needed D Wade before that.

Claiming LeBron is 'poor' or isn't any good for HIS TEAMS being 3-5 in finals is just ignorant. It's a team sport. One man can only carry so much. If anything you should give credit because the consistency of only the very best team could beat him.
You guys who think only rings matter crack me up. You never give Big Shot Bob credit for being better than Jordan, though he clearly is. And James Jones was way, way better than Ewing, Olajuwon, Barkley, Dr. J, etc.

I was going to point out your flaws here but when you said Horry is better than Jordan, it was obvious to me that you live in a different reality.
DoctorJhandro
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#30 » by DoctorJhandro » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:You can bet on Lebron all you want. You would be 3-5 so far in his career, hardly anything to brag about.

LOL the only thing you can bet safely on besides LeBron winning the East is Hoopzilla hating on it spitting hot trash

I'll take LeBron in the finals every year over Kyrie never making the playoffs without him. I'll also take going to the finals over being bounced in the early rounds of the playoffs. Whoever would rather lose early to protect their finals win % is a loser who doesn't even deserve one ring.
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#31 » by Hoopzilla » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:12 pm

DoctorJhandro wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:You can bet on Lebron all you want. You would be 3-5 so far in his career, hardly anything to brag about.

LOL the only thing you can bet safely on besides LeBron winning the East is Hoopzilla hating on it spitting hot trash

I'll take LeBron in the finals every year over Kyrie never making the playoffs without him. I'll also take going to the finals over being bounced in the early rounds of the playoffs. Whoever would rather lose early to protect their finals win % is a loser who doesn't even deserve one ring.

Kyrie played in Cleveland for three years before Lebron joined him, and was an all star for two of them. Kyrie didn't have a Carlos Boozer or Ricky Davis or Big Z to pass the ball to like Lebron did when he was a rookie, he had no talent whatsoever to play with. He was rebuilding the team that Lebron left for dead. The funny thing is that you are overlooking a big point here. Lebron never made it to the playoffs for the first two years of his career and that team WAS NOT recovering from a star leaving them for dead. There is a one year difference and it makes sense when you recognise the hole that Lebron left that team in. Since then, Kyrie has been to three straight finals (more than Lebron could ever dream of after his first six years).

He is now only 25 years old on a team that will be competitive for the next decade or so. You can take your 3-5 hero, lol. You also don't recognise the fact that Lebron would not be in the last three Finals if it weren't for Kyrie. It is hilarious how everyone treats Lebron like he does everything himself. Just because Lebron minimzes the talents of his teammates and denies being part of any Super Team does not make it true. It only shows you how out of touch with reality he is. All I see him do is pass the ball to Kyrie and get out of his way. Just like he did with D Wade before that. And before he had a closer to win the games for him, he won absolutely nothing.

If you think a guy who is 3-5 is something to celebrate, then you have just shown the world how delusional you are.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,609

Post#32 » by dice » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:56 pm

why is it a story that LeBron speaks with his assistant GM?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#33 » by dice » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Hoopzilla wrote:Kyrie played in Cleveland for three years before Lebron joined him, and was an all star for two of them. Kyrie didn't have a Carlos Boozer or Ricky Davis or Big Z to pass the ball to like Lebron did when he was a rookie, he had no talent whatsoever to play with. The funny thing is that you are overlooking a big point here. Lebron never made it to the playoffs for the first two years of his career and that team WAS NOT recovering from a star leaving them for dead. There is a one year difference and it makes sense when you recognise the hole that Lebron left that team in

there's a reason both teams got the number 1 pick. because they were both crap. the cavs won 19 the year before kyrie arrived and 17 the year before LeBron arrived

age 18:

kyrie - excellent college player
LeBron - 35 wins, not a very good nba player

age 19:

kyrie - 21 wins
LeBron - 42 wins, 6th in mvp voting

age 20:

kyrie - 24 wins
LeBron - 50 wins, 2nd in mvp voting

age 21:

kyrie - 33 wins
LeBron - carries team to finals

were kyrie's supporting casts EVEN crappier than lebron's? sure. but c'mon. the one and only legitimate point of comparison between kyrie irving and lebron james is that kyrie was probably a better player as a 19 year old rookie than lebron was as a 18 year old rookie. that's it. beyond that point lebron leaves kyrie in the dust. he was better at age 19 than kyrie will ever be

Kyrie has been to three straight finals (more than Lebron could ever dream of after his first six years

:noway:

LeBron took a crap team to the finals. one of the greatest 1 man shows in the history of the league. kyrie took a crap team...

kyrie's gonna have a WAY better team this coming year than LeBron ever had before leaving for Miami. he still won't make the finals. and he'll never win a championship as top dog. wouldn't even make the finals as top dog in a conference that wasn't weak

He is now only 25 years old on a team that will be competitive for the next decade or so

DECADE? not unless they obtain a true superstar somewhere along the line (tatum?)

Lebron would not be in the last three Finals if it weren't for Kyrie

VERY arguable. hell, the cavs were better with dellevadova on the floor
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
johnnyballgame
Senior

Post#34 » by johnnyballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:24 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
johnnyballgame wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

I was going to point out your flaws here but when you said Horry is better than Jordan, it was obvious to me that you live in a different reality.

When pointing out flaws don't forget your own. Comprehension not your strong suit? I don't think Horry is better than Jordan. I was sarcastically pointing out the flaw guys like you make when arguing player a is better than player b because player a has one more championship or player a is better because of his teams record in finals matchup. Those are clearly stupid metrics for reasons I already pointed out, but obviously were too complex for you to understand even with examples. Next time i'll draw a picture for you.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
johnnyballgame
Senior

Post#35 » by johnnyballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:34 am

johnnyballgame
Senior

Post#36 » by johnnyballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:38 am

Don't get me started on how good Jim Loscutoff was! Or the great Will Perdue.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Re: RE: Re: LeBron James Spoke With Koby Altman After Kyrie Irving Trade 

Post#37 » by cedric76 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:46 am

johnnyballgame wrote:Image

Another sentence taken out of context

Jordan was saying that when u look at equal talent, number of rings make a difference

Jordan and big shot Rob don't have equal talent (and this is coming from a huge horry fan)
Draft Carrington (Gleague) and Trade up for Dunn

Suggs,AB,cole
Monk, Melton,Jett
Franz,Jett,Houstan, Dunn
Paolo,moe,JI,Joe,Dunn
WCJ,JI,Goga
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#38 » by Hoopzilla » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:25 pm

cedric76 wrote:

Jordan was saying that when u look at equal talent, number of rings make a difference

Jordan and big shot Rob don't have equal talent (and this is coming from a huge horry fan)

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to Johnny, I just couldn't take him seriously anymore. Horry is better than Jordan, lol. Man I am still laughing at that idiocy.
Hoopzilla
Starter

Post#39 » by Hoopzilla » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:25 pm

johnnyballgame wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:
johnnyballgame wrote:

When pointing out flaws don't forget your own. Comprehension not your strong suit? I don't think Horry is better than Jordan. I was sarcastically pointing out the flaw guys like you make when arguing player a is better than player b because player a has one more championship or player a is better because of his teams record in finals matchup. Those are clearly stupid metrics for reasons I already pointed out, but obviously were too complex for you to understand even with examples. Next time i'll draw a picture for you.

Sarcasm? That is what you turn to when you run out of facts? Your failure to grasp the Jordan quote tells us all we need to know about you. Comprehension is fine on my end, you on the other hand, contradict yourself and prove you cannot understand Jordan's very obvious distinction that equal talent is the starting point. You have to the best best player on the team to make it into that conversation. Pointing out Horry and Luscutoff and others only proves you couldn't win an argument using reality, so you had to go to sarcasm rather than admit you had no leg to stand on, lol. Hold onto your fancy little picture, I am sure you use to for spanking material.
dice
RealGM

Post#40 » by dice » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm

cedric76 wrote:

neither do lebron and kobe. not even close

Return to Wiretap Discussion