Chandler Parsons Healthy, Frustrated By Lack Of Communication With Grizzlies

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,378

Re: Chandler Parsons Healthy, Frustrated By Lack Of Communication With Grizzlies 

Post#21 » by Lalouie » Wed Jan 2, 2019 3:21 am

lack of communication.....
maybe they just don't want to talk to him
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Re: Chandler Parsons Healthy, Frustrated By Lack Of Communication With Grizzlies 

Post#22 » by Woody Allen » Wed Jan 2, 2019 3:41 am

The Grizzlies don't owe him anything. They severely overpaid him anyways. They can send him home for the rest of his contract if they wish to. He's not playing because he sucks, is that what he needs to hear?
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,234

Post#23 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jan 2, 2019 4:03 am

BarneyGumble wrote:Parsons is a bum

Parsons is not a bum... just often injured. If he's healthy the Grizz are foolish not to play him. Worst case he gets hurt again; best case he shoots 42% from 3pt (like he did in 36 games last season) from now until the trade deadline. This guy reminds me a bunch of Gallinari. Similar skill set and injury trouble. You think GM's wouldn't listen if LAC called them about Gallo right now?
isucb
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#24 » by isucb » Wed Jan 2, 2019 4:19 am

Why play him, he's not part of the future of the roster and even if he was he cant stay healthy enough to stay on the court more than a few games, taking playing time from players that are both of things he's not (part of the future and healthy). It probably is a hardball move to see if he'll eventually take a buyout for a lot less than is guaranteed. Wish the nba had a way to make the contracts partial guarantees if a player cant play more than say 25% of the games one season they should be able to cut them at a big reduction.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 207

Post#25 » by puja21 » Wed Jan 2, 2019 4:23 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
TomShoe wrote:Your contract is the big stone holding the Grizzlies back.

If you really want to play, why don't you walk away and sign with another team who'll promise to play you?

*crickets*

Or how about, the Grizzlies honor the contract they gave Parsons? Or release him if they don't want to play him? Or at the least, communicate with him?

Won't be able to work on a buyout or solution if they won't even talk to him.

They aren't "not" talking to him. That's Parsons' spin

Parsons already admitted on record that Memphis offered him an open-ended rehab assignment with the Hustle...

He just hasn't accepted it

Parsons said Wallace also asked him to go down to the G-League “for a really long time, but didn’t tell me how long. Which also wasn’t going to happen.”

Parsons was willing to play a game or two in Southaven for the Memphis Hustle, but the scheduling didn’t work out because the Hustle weren’t in town.

“It’s just been a very unorganized schedule and still, to this day, there’s no set plan of when I’m going to return to play or anything like that,” Parsons said before elaborating on why he’s so frustrated by the situation.

“No communication. No nothing. I don’t think it’s from a basketball standpoint. It’s definitely not from a health standpoint. I’ve been cleared by the medical staff of our organization, and clearly it’s not about fitting. I already earned a starting spot out of training camp and have shown I can fit with the team. I think the confusion for me is there’s no communication about what’s going on and when I’m going to play.”
BigTex
Senior
And1: 81

Post#26 » by BigTex » Wed Jan 2, 2019 4:31 am

If you really want to play, why don't you walk away and sign with another team who'll promise to play you?

*crickets*

He’s entitled to the contract. It’s guaranteed. I think he’s still entitled to let folks know he’s ready, willing and (arguably) able to fulfil it. He has his next contract to look after. And, yes, there will be a next one, though for much, much less money and probably one year. And as others have pointed out, it hurts the Griz in any dealings with future free agents or in resigning their own players. Players and their agents remember **** like this. And they should.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,211

Post#27 » by BarneyGumble » Wed Jan 2, 2019 4:41 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:

Parsons is not a bum... just often injured. If he's healthy the Grizz are foolish not to play him. Worst case he gets hurt again; best case he shoots 42% from 3pt (like he did in 36 games last season) from now until the trade deadline. This guy reminds me a bunch of Gallinari. Similar skill set and injury trouble. You think GM's wouldn't listen if LAC called them about Gallo right now?

You must be his mother. I can’t think of anyone else who would try to defend this clown.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#28 » by the_process » Wed Jan 2, 2019 5:01 am

BigTex wrote:

*crickets*

He’s entitled to the contract. It’s guaranteed. I think he’s still entitled to let folks know he’s ready, willing and (arguably) able to fulfil it. He has his next contract to look after. And, yes, there will be a next one, though for much, much less money and probably one year. And as others have pointed out, it hurts the Griz in any dealings with future free agents or in resigning their own players. Players and their agents remember **** like this. And they should.

Parsons and his agent will be the only ones who might hold a grudge against the Grizz.

Clearly they are trying to frustrate him so he offers to come to the buyout table.
hesijimbo
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,876

Post#29 » by hesijimbo » Wed Jan 2, 2019 6:01 am

BarneyGumble wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

You must be his mother. I can’t think of anyone else who would try to defend this clown.

He's a clown for getting injured? Was Brandon Roy a clown to you?
hesijimbo
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by hesijimbo » Wed Jan 2, 2019 6:01 am

double post
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,520

Post#31 » by fuller4379 » Wed Jan 2, 2019 8:20 am

The Grizzlies were dumb to give him a max contract when the Mavs refused to do it even though he was Mark Cuban’s “love child.” Grizzly fans should put their anger against their ownership and management as opposed to Parsons. He just took the pot of gold when it was offered to him.
hesijimbo
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by hesijimbo » Wed Jan 2, 2019 9:27 am

fuller4379 wrote:The Grizzlies were dumb to give him a max contract when the Mavs refused to do it even though he was Mark Cuban’s “love child.” Grizzly fans should put their anger against their ownership and management as opposed to Parsons. He just took the pot of gold when it was offered to him.

He was offered the same contract by the Blazers too. It's not like he was some scrub nobody wanted.

He was overpaid, but not by ton. If he stayed healthy and kept the same level of play then he's a very valuable player at the most in demand position in the league.

He didn't stay healthy. The rest is history.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,060

Post#33 » by The_Hater » Wed Jan 2, 2019 3:01 pm

DeOgar wrote:Grizzlies sound stupid here, just play him or buy him out.

And what if he’s not good enough to play but they don’t want to buy him out because then they lose the opportunity to use his contract in a trade down the road?

You make it sound like there’s only 2 options but that would be incorrect. And whenever there’s a player buyout, the team ends up the big loser in the transaction. The players always get a huge majority of their full salary.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by BarneyGumble » Wed Jan 2, 2019 7:54 pm

hesijimbo wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Parsons is not a bum... just often injured. If he's healthy the Grizz are foolish not to play him. Worst case he gets hurt again; best case he shoots 42% from 3pt (like he did in 36 games last season) from now until the trade deadline. This guy reminds me a bunch of Gallinari. Similar skill set and injury trouble. You think GM's wouldn't listen if LAC called them about Gallo right now?

If it were just about him getting injured that would be one thing. But the dude did not take his rehab or getting back on the court seriously or make earning his contract a priority at all. Instead of get healthy and rehab, he did drugs, partied, and banged hookers. Yeah, much respect for this loser.... :nonono:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#35 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jan 2, 2019 11:00 pm

BarneyGumble wrote:
hesijimbo wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:

If it were just about him getting injured that would be one thing. But the dude did not take his rehab or getting back on the court seriously or make earning his contract a priority at all. Instead of get healthy and rehab, he did drugs, partied, and banged hookers. Yeah, much respect for this loser.... :nonono:

I can't speak to everything you allege here; clearly you know more about it than I do. But if he averaged 22/8/4 and played 82 games the other stuff wouldn't matter, right? I mean, even if true he wouldn't be the only NBA player doing drugs, partying and banging hookers. That's not what you're speaking out against. You're speaking out against his lack of availability while trying to hide behind the moral high ground.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by BarneyGumble » Thu Jan 3, 2019 3:17 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:
hesijimbo wrote:

I can't speak to everything you allege here; clearly you know more about it than I do. But if he averaged 22/8/4 and played 82 games the other stuff wouldn't matter, right? I mean, even if true he wouldn't be the only NBA player doing drugs, partying and banging hookers. That's not what you're speaking out against. You're speaking out against his lack of availability while trying to hide behind the moral high ground.

If he was producing well doing those things, no I wouldn’t have a problem with it because he would be earning his contract and the fans will be getting what they paid for. But the minute that he makes those things a priority over being healthy and getting back on the court and rehabbing properly… Then yes I have a serious problem with it.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#37 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Jan 3, 2019 8:57 pm

BarneyGumble wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:

If he was producing well doing those things, no I wouldn’t have a problem with it because he would be earning his contract and the fans will be getting what they paid for. But the minute that he makes those things a priority over being healthy and getting back on the court and rehabbing properly… Then yes I have a serious problem with it.

I think you think you know more about what he's thinking than you do.

(I hope that was as fun to read as it was to write!) :D
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by BarneyGumble » Thu Jan 3, 2019 9:04 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:I can't speak to everything you allege here; clearly you know more about it than I do. But if he averaged 22/8/4 and played 82 games the other stuff wouldn't matter, right? I mean, even if true he wouldn't be the only NBA player doing drugs, partying and banging hookers. That's not what you're speaking out against. You're speaking out against his lack of availability while trying to hide behind the moral high ground.

I mean....just look at his twitter and facebook accounts to know what his priorities are. Tell me how many workouts he posts there vs parties in Cancun and drinking with beautiful women..........
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#39 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Jan 4, 2019 2:43 am

BarneyGumble wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:

I mean....just look at his twitter and facebook accounts to know what his priorities are. Tell me how many workouts he posts there vs parties in Cancun and drinking with beautiful women..........

Why would I be looking at his Facebook or Twitter accounts? He's not my family. I honestly don't know why anyone posts workout videos. I am a professional musician and I practice a minimum of 2 hours a day. I have never posted a video of me practicing; that would be moronic. My facebook page is mostly family pics. That doesn't mean that music isn't a daily priority for me. I just don't think anyone cares about my practice regime.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by BarneyGumble » Fri Jan 4, 2019 3:47 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
BarneyGumble wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:I think you think you know more about what he's thinking than you do.

Why would I be looking at his Facebook or Twitter accounts? He's not my family. I honestly don't know why anyone posts workout videos. I am a professional musician and I practice a minimum of 2 hours a day. I have never posted a video of me practicing; that would be moronic. My facebook page is mostly family pics. That doesn't mean that music isn't a daily priority for me. I just don't think anyone cares about my practice regime.

You said it. You aren’t a celebrity and you don’t make millions of dollars. Nobody cares what you are up to. You don’t use Facebook the same way as those people care to follow.

Return to Wiretap Discussion