Gregg Popovich 'Felt Badly' By Kawhi Leonard Getting Booed

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,215

Re: Gregg Popovich 'Felt Badly' By Kawhi Leonard Getting Booed 

Post#21 » by anatomicbomb » Sat Jan 5, 2019 12:46 am

DeOgar wrote:I really could not care of feel bad for the Spurs fans who have had and enjoyed winning seasons the past 20 years. The spurs mishandled an injury and leonard wasn't happy about it. They should take some blame here as an organization for mishandling a star players injury. Leonard made the best decision for himself going forward. Pop is a high class coach and he gets it. Spurs fan be totally overreacting, be happy he helped you win a championship.

Yeah, I really expected the Spurs to say "our bad, we'll get some other opinions in here, and work with our players perspective, and make a decision jointly." They have such a legacy of success that this kind of contrition signals no weakness, only how strong they are that they can openly take blame and correct and suffer nothing for it.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Gregg Popovich 'Felt Badly' By Kawhi Leonard Getting Booed 

Post#22 » by d-train » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:02 am

It doesn't matter why Leonard didn't want to stay in San Antonio. He doesn't need a good reason to want to be another place.

You can say he had a contract. The truth is, he had a contract that was negotiated by the NBA and the NBPA. As far as I'm concerned, there is a big difference between a contract freely negotiated by the parties chosen representatives and one negotiated by others. The most you can say is Leonard didn't live up to the spirit of the contract. I say, too bad. The spirit doesn't matter in such a contract.

Return to Wiretap Discussion