Lakers Willing To Part With Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Or Lonzo Ball For Superstar

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

Waider
Junior
And1: 189

Re: Lakers Willing To Part With Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Or Lonzo Ball For Superstar 

Post#21 » by Waider » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:01 am

Shouldn't this read "Lakers Willing To Part With Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma AND Lonzo Ball For Superstar"????

One or two of them is not getting it done.
This is hardly even fair, the rest of the league is playing checkers and Danny Ainge is playing 12-dimensional chess.
BigHustle
Rookie
And1: 157

Re: Lakers Willing To Part With Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Or Lonzo Ball For Superstar 

Post#22 » by BigHustle » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:04 am

And Luke Walton. He can also be had for a superstar.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,703

Post#23 » by hyper316 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:12 am

How bout kevin love?
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 241

Post#24 » by tigerae » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 am

I honestly don't see this happening even if a superstar becomes available unless it is AD. A trade for a superstar would end up ruining cap space this coming off season which in turn messes up chances of possibly teaming up 2 other superstars with LBJ. One through free agency and then a second one through a trade.

Also, it would likely take 3 (from Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and Hart) for a superstar unless it's someone like maybe Marc Gasol who may only require 1 or 2 of those, cap relief and picks. But again, why mess up the chance of trying for 2 superstars next season.

Sent from my SM-G935T using RealGM mobile app
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,861

Post#25 » by inquisitive » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:22 am

Wait...i thought lakers were going to wait till summer to snag their big free agent. Also kinda bad tipping your hand on what you're willing to give up already. Now the other teams will want more.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#26 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:31 am

Bradley Beal I feel being the obvious candidate
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#27 » by Lava Rock Kid » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:43 am

This just in. Every team will trade their mediocre talent for a superstar.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,352

Post#28 » by Lalouie » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:53 am

lonzo has lost his value. he's fragile and his value added is very specific to a very specific type of team. the "expansion" of his game has a very narrow focus cuz he still can't shoot and gives up the ball too easily instead of taking the pro shot.
we've seen ingram's ceiling already.
kuzma is the only one who still has a higher ceiling.

the lakers are in trouble. these 3 assets are -50% from last year when magic said they were untouchable.

randle escaped just in time.

the good news,,,this is why we don't hear from lavar anymore. he's afraid of the lakers cutting loose lonzo, and a pessimist would say it would mark the close of lonzo being the meal ticket for the ball family.

the bad news,,,this would officially marks the end of lal investment in the future because their future is now 3.5yrs, the amount of time lebron has left on his contract, and within that window the lakers have to plan for AFTER lebron leaves because we all know what happens to teams when lebron leaves.

the pelinka magic is screwed. in the meantime, west and balmer are watching lal disintegrate
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,350

Post#29 » by GEOLINK » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:15 am

LeGM The Massacre Part 2

EVERYONE. MUST. GO!
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 792

Post#30 » by donemilio21 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:20 am

"Superstar". There isn't any available via trade. If you find one, that is not a superstar.
There is only one team right now with no visible championship chance that has a superstar. Pelicans and Anthony Davis. I find it extremely unlikely they would trade him now, unless AD tells them "I'm 100% not resigning with you"
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#31 » by Vegeta10176 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:59 am

GEOLINK wrote:LeGM The Massacre Part 2

EVERYONE. MUST. GO!

I love the hate.. The Cavs a terrible organization he got them a championship.. he goes to the Lakers a crappy team anyway and probably has missed on most of their picks and so they are now willing to trade to get another superstar to join the best player in the world.. You know it's hard to win championships right you need to put a good cast around players.. I mean Lakers probably bombed on not trading for PG13 because that probably would of cost em the number 2 pick (Lonzo Ball) and maybe could of just offloaded D'Angelo and Mozgov in that trade as well.. not a bad haul for Pacer 2 x number 2 picks and take on some salary.. PG13 btw was happy to play with LBJ as he had even been slated to join the Cavs for at least a season with potential to commit longer if LBJ did.. anyways what the hell you want Lakers to do keep going with a trash squad that is only uplifted by the greatness of LBJ.. Lakers management screwed up on their picks and signing obviously Mozgov and Deng to stupid contracts to the point they had to give up Dangelo to get off the Mozgov contract... Your going to blame Lebron for Lakers poor management?
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,605

Post#32 » by dice » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:49 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:**** is laughable. Lonzo shot is broke af, Ingram is trash, and Kuzma would be a bench warmer on any other squad. Honestly them 3 are some of the worst players in the league. Rather have Swaggy or even a different Ball brother than them

supertroll alert
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,090

Post#33 » by mg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:29 am

What kind of superstar are they going to get for that package :lol:
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#34 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:36 am

If LA could somehow get Lillard and AD next to LeBron, that’s a championship if they all stay healthy.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#35 » by Fresh360Waves » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:01 am

inquisitive wrote:Wait...i thought lakers were going to wait till summer to snag their big free agent. Also kinda bad tipping your hand on what you're willing to give up already. Now the other teams will want more.

I don't think it's much of a secret. Teams obviously know the Lakers are thirsty for AD and other star/superstar talent. Lakers would be fools to not do their due diligence on everyone on the roster not named LeBron.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#36 » by Fresh360Waves » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:02 am

Chi Dynasty12 wrote:If LA could somehow get Lillard and AD next to LeBron, that’s a championship if they all stay healthy.

Agree but I find it hard to see Portland giving up Lillard. McCollum I can definitely see being traded for a good package down the line.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#37 » by Fresh360Waves » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:04 am

hyper316 wrote:How bout kevin love?

nah we good
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,249

Post#38 » by TimRobbins » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:11 am

It's nice that the Lakers are willing to "part" with Ingram, Kuzma and Ball, but the reality is that those 3 have little to no value. Nobody will hand the Lakers an allstar-level player for any combination of these three guys.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#39 » by Floody100 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:12 am

Chi Dynasty12 wrote:If LA could somehow get Lillard and AD next to LeBron, that’s a championship if they all stay healthy.

They’re both under contract with both teams, That trade package of Lonzo, Kuzma & Ingram would’ve even get them Lillard so how the hell do you expect to get both AD & Lillard.

I don’t think people realise how dumb & desperate this was from Palinka & Magic. They’re basically telling every franchise they don’t value these players at all. I think they thought in their own heads that they were ‘definitely’ going to get a second superstar to partner Lebron in year 3 and are starting to panic because they realise there’s a very good chance they don’t & with Lebron’s age catching up it doesn’t look good for them long term too.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#40 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 am

LA does not have the assets to get AD much less Lillard also.

Return to Wiretap Discussion