Lakers Willing To Part With Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Or Lonzo Ball For Superstar

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,736

Re: Lakers Willing To Part With Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Or Lonzo Ball For Superstar 

Post#61 » by Psubs » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Lakers should go after Beal.

Ball, Kuzma and KCP for Beal and Jeff Green.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 620

Re: Lakers Willing To Part With Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Or Lonzo Ball For Superstar 

Post#62 » by alienpick » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:08 pm

deeps6x wrote:I'd take Ingram and either of Ball/Kuzma for Lowry right now. (I'm assuming Kawhi is leaving if Lowry is staying)

AS a Raps fan; **** no! Even if you are thinking of rebuilding
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#63 » by Vegeta10176 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:09 pm

donemilio21 wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:
BigTex wrote:
Why on earth would Dallas want Lonzo Ball? The only reason DSJ might be available is we already have a better PG. Why would we trade a starting caliber point guard fir a back up point guard who can’t shoot and is a head case? Cuban and Carlisle has a low tolerance for knuckleheads and that has served the team well in the past. Ball is the antithesis of the type of player Dallas would go after even if there was a positional fit n

Clearly you have never seen ball play... He lacks shooting right now yes but he is a high iq player.. He rebounds passes and defends at a high level.. He would fit way better Doncic than DSJ.. Its not a bad trade for Mavs I dont know if it would help the Lakers any though...

I dont think Ball is a very good fit with Doncic, unless he develops a solid 3p shot, but he is definitely not a knucklehead. Rest of his family is, but he is not. In fact, for his career it maybe beneficial for him to go to a team like Bucks or Pistons where the pressure on him will be low, and his family and friends won't bother him.

You think the Dallas Mavericks are a high pressure team... I am pretty sure Doncic will be happy taking the extra shots that said no matter where ball goes he needs to develop a shot and he has improved a couple of percent this season so in about 3 years he should be decent at shooting and excel in other areas.. Mavericks currently have a team filled with a lot of vets still but wont be making the playoffs they need a reset of this roster.. They wont have a pick this year but will next when likely they miss the playoffs again they need to allow players to come off the book gradually and rebuild via the draft and use some cap space to absorb a bad contract or two and get some more picks.. Then in 3 to 5 years they may be a contender...
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,882

Post#64 » by the_process » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Jimmy Butler sounds right up the Lakers alley.
COJones
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#65 » by COJones » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:02 pm

Kyrie Irving to LAL for all those kids. :crazy:
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#66 » by Floody100 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Psubs wrote:Lakers should go after Beal.

Wizards aren’t trading Beal, they’d take Ball, Kuzma, KCP & Ingram for Wall though.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#67 » by cheese318 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:51 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:So, they are willing to trade a non-superstar for a superstar? Yeah, I should hope so. Now the quest begins for a team willing to trade a superstar for a non-superstar. Oh, those don't exist. Oh well, :noway:

Remember Oladipo/Sabonis for PG13? Pretty sure the Pacers were happy about that trade even though they were giving up the star for young talent who were not on that level. Ingram/Kuzma should be able to get a very good player in a trade based off performance and potential. Players do get better as they grow up and sometimes a change of scenery is exactly what a troubling prospect could need. Oladipo said he was miserable in OKC and you could see it in his play.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by cheese318 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:54 pm

TheCage4 wrote:Good to see the plan to grow and develop these young guys under LeBron has gone out the window. I’m actually surprised the veil has taken this long to be pulled back.

Do you believe everything you read? So I guess this is all facts. Let me know what other stories you might believe because it was an article on realgm. Did you not expect LBJ wanted to play with stars? Odds are they will be waiting till free agency because that’s how it makes the most sense of signing a star and trading for a star thereafter. Doing it in season just doesn’t add up unless they can get a player like Anthony Davis
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by cheese318 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:57 pm

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:**** is laughable. Lonzo shot is broke af, Ingram is trash, and Kuzma would be a bench warmer on any other squad. Honestly them 3 are some of the worst players in the league. Rather have Swaggy or even a different Ball brother than them

I find it hilarious how everyone calls Ingram trash. Dude is 20-21 years old. I see stardom or a level below that when he gets it altogether. I still think he needs another 15-20 lbs of muscle added to his frame to truly maximize his potential. He gets bumped off his spots way to easily and really gets affected when attacking the hoop. If he can ever fix his inconsistencies he will be a very good player in the NBA. Kuzma is actually the best of the group right now. Not sure how you can say much about him besides his defense and 3pt shot
Hoopzilla wrote:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by cheese318 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:12 pm

tigerae wrote:I honestly don't see this happening even if a superstar becomes available unless it is AD. A trade for a superstar would end up ruining cap space this coming off season which in turn messes up chances of possibly teaming up 2 other superstars with LBJ. One through free agency and then a second one through a trade.

Also, it would likely take 3 (from Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and Hart) for a superstar unless it's someone like maybe Marc Gasol who may only require 1 or 2 of those, cap relief and picks. But again, why mess up the chance of trying for 2 superstars next season.

Sent from my SM-G935T using RealGM mobile app

I agree. I posted the same thing. It makes no sense. Only way they would even consider if it meant getting Anthony Davis in February. He’s the only player that I believe is worth giving up the cap space this summer
Hoopzilla wrote:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by cheese318 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:15 pm

Lalouie wrote:lonzo has lost his value. he's fragile and his value added is very specific to a very specific type of team. the "expansion" of his game has a very narrow focus cuz he still can't shoot and gives up the ball too easily instead of taking the pro shot.
we've seen ingram's ceiling already.
kuzma is the only one who still has a higher ceiling.

the lakers are in trouble. these 3 assets are -50% from last year when magic said they were untouchable.

randle escaped just in time.

the good news,,,this is why we don't hear from lavar anymore. he's afraid of the lakers cutting loose lonzo, and a pessimist would say it would mark the close of lonzo being the meal ticket for the ball family.

the bad news,,,this would officially marks the end of lal investment in the future because their future is now 3.5yrs, the amount of time lebron has left on his contract, and within that window the lakers have to plan for AFTER lebron leaves because we all know what happens to teams when lebron leaves.

the pelinka magic is screwed. in the meantime, west and balmer are watching lal disintegrate

We have seen Ingram’s ceiling? That has to be one of the dumbest things I ever read in a while. So did you hit your ceiling at 21 years old? I mean are you serious? When has a prospect reached there max potential at year three? Maybe you believe he is a bust which is obviously your opinion but to say he has reached his ceiling is just quite stupid and laughable
Hoopzilla wrote:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by cheese318 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:20 pm

TimRobbins wrote:It's nice that the Lakers are willing to "part" with Ingram, Kuzma and Ball, but the reality is that those 3 have little to no value. Nobody will hand the Lakers an allstar-level player for any combination of these three guys.

Wanna bet? I guarantee they get an all star for that combo
Hoopzilla wrote:
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,346

Post#73 » by Lalouie » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:36 pm

cheese318 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:lonzo has lost his value. he's fragile and his value added is very specific to a very specific type of team. the "expansion" of his game has a very narrow focus cuz he still can't shoot and gives up the ball too easily instead of taking the pro shot.

the lakers are in trouble. these 3 assets are -50% from last year when magic said they were untouchable.

the good news,,,this is why we don't hear from lavar anymore. he's afraid of the lakers cutting loose lonzo, and a pessimist would say it would mark the close of lonzo being the meal ticket for the ball family.

the bad news,,,this would officially marks the end of lal investment in the future because their future is now 3.5yrs, the amount of time lebron has left on his contract, and within that window the lakers have to plan for AFTER lebron leaves because we all know what happens to teams when lebron leaves.

the pelinka magic is screwed. in the meantime, west and balmer are watching lal disintegrate

We have seen Ingram’s ceiling? That has to be one of the dumbest things I ever read in a while. So did you hit your ceiling at 21 years old? I mean are you serious? When has a prospect reached there max potential at year three? Maybe you believe he is a bust which is obviously your opinion but to say he has reached his ceiling is just quite stupid and laughable

He won't get better ergo he has reached his ceiling. Is that so hard to understand
Floody100
Analyst

Post#74 » by Floody100 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:38 pm

Psubs wrote:Lakers should go after Beal.

BigTex
Senior
And1: 81

Post#75 » by BigTex » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:49 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

Clearly you have never seen ball play... He lacks shooting right now yes but he is a high iq player.. He rebounds passes and defends at a high level.. He would fit way better Doncic than DSJ.. Its not a bad trade for Mavs I dont know if it would help the Lakers any though...

I dont think Ball is a very good fit with Doncic, unless he develops a solid 3p shot, but he is definitely not a knucklehead. Rest of his family is, but he is not. In fact, for his career it maybe beneficial for him to go to a team like Bucks or Pistons where the pressure on him will be low, and his family and friends won't bother him.

You think the Dallas Mavericks are a high pressure team... I am pretty sure Doncic will be happy taking the extra shots that said no matter where ball goes he needs to develop a shot and he has improved a couple of percent this season so in about 3 years he should be decent at shooting and excel in other areas.. Mavericks currently have a team filled with a lot of vets still but wont be making the playoffs they need a reset of this roster.. They wont have a pick this year but will next when likely they miss the playoffs again they need to allow players to come off the book gradually and rebuild via the draft and use some cap space to absorb a bad contract or two and get some more picks.. Then in 3 to 5 years they may be a contender...

Dallas has the second largest amount of cap space available in the off season assuming Harrison Barnes exercises his one year player option. They have the most in the league if he does not. (And it’s an interesting question what he does with that option. He’s probably overpaid at $25m, but is he SO overpaid that he risks one more year at that salary instead if the stability of a a four year deal at $16M is out there? I think he’ll opt in, but it’s far from certain.). It DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews, Dirk, J.J.Barea, Devin Harris, and Sala Mejri all are on expiring contracts. If Barnes opts out, Dwight Powell is the oldest veteran in the roster.

All of that is background to this point — theres Going to be a lot of turnover in the Mavericks roster this off season. And while they are unlikely to snag anyone at the very top of the free agent market — Durrant, Leonard, Porzingis, Klay Thompson — they’ll be players for those on the next level. Khris Middleton, Kemba Walker, boogie Cousins, Nikola Mirotic, Julius Randell, etc.
Floody100
Analyst

Post#76 » by Floody100 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:53 pm

cheese318 wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:It's nice that the Lakers are willing to "part" with Ingram, Kuzma and Ball, but the reality is that those 3 have little to no value. Nobody will hand the Lakers an allstar-level player for any combination of these three guys.

Someone’s an angry Lakers fan :lol:
You’re a Lakers fan, of course you’re going to talk these guys up to a standard they’ll never reach. They’re young so they will get better but no chance to a standard that justifies a trade for an all star. Pelicans need to know that they’re getting the same value (or close to it) back when giving up AD & a package of Kuzma, Ingram & Ball doesn’t even come close to the value of AD. Boston is the only team that can do a package that will give them close to the same value back.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,233

Post#77 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:02 am

cheese318 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:So, they are willing to trade a non-superstar for a superstar? Yeah, I should hope so. Now the quest begins for a team willing to trade a superstar for a non-superstar. Oh, those don't exist. Oh well, :noway:

Remember Oladipo/Sabonis for PG13? Pretty sure the Pacers were happy about that trade even though they were giving up the star for young talent who were not on that level. Ingram/Kuzma should be able to get a very good player in a trade based off performance and potential. Players do get better as they grow up and sometimes a change of scenery is exactly what a troubling prospect could need. Oladipo said he was miserable in OKC and you could see it in his play.

Well sure, because PG13 was half-way through the final year on his deal and seemed committed to going to LA. IND had zero leverage and OKC gambled. So you're looking at players in similar situations and the only potential positional upgrade I see is Vucevic. Would you trade either of those guys for 3 months of Vucevic?

And the article said "or" not "and". They could definitely get a player like CJ or Beal for both Kuzma/Ingram, but are the Lakers getting better at that point?
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,249

Post#78 » by TimRobbins » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am

cheese318 wrote:

No. They won't.
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by cheese318 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:06 am

TimRobbins wrote:
cheese318 wrote:

No. They won't.

Let’s make a bet. I’m open to it. You seem confident. I’d love to prove you wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoopzilla wrote:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by cheese318 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:07 am

Lalouie wrote:
cheese318 wrote:

He won't get better ergo he has reached his ceiling. Is that so hard to understand

It’s just thoughts of a stupid person but hey good luck to you with that hindsight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoopzilla wrote:

Return to Wiretap Discussion