Harden: I'm The Best All-Around Player In The NBA

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: Harden: I'm The Best All-Around Player In The NBA 

Post#81 » by LApwnd » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:15 pm

no D, no post up game, chuck mode often....hardly the best.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#82 » by mohammed10 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:19 pm

Seriously?

I nearly sprayed my coffee all over my computer screen when I read his comments...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#83 » by caronimo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:42 pm

at USA basketball camp harden, durant and paul george (before his injury) would play king of the hill against each other. apparently harden actually played defense against these guys. as far as the "i'm the best all-around player in the nba" comment, that's ludicrous.
LilDeuceDeuce
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#84 » by LilDeuceDeuce » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Apparently having the best player in the league and the best center gets you about two playoff wins. Maybe if they find someone else to create a "big 3" they'll win 3 games in the first round next time.
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 588

Post#85 » by Ring_Me » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Good to be confident with one's game but when you dismiss other players like LeBron, then no.
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
grizzy
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#86 » by grizzy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Clown
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#87 » by delsol650 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Play some REAL defense and actually try then maybe people actually respect your game. STOP flopping and actually try to make a basket for once instead of trying to draw contact on every play flopping praying for the refs to blow their whistle. I can't stand your style of play.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#88 » by BallerTalk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:28 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Kobe comes back to being Kobe.. Wade has 1 more great season to try to show Lebron he could have got a ring if he stayed.. Next offseason Harden is borderline top 5 at his position with guys like Derozan & Beal.

And if Danny Granger returns to All-Star form in Miami,
and Shaq comes back to give Cleveland the frontcourt help they need,
and Magic Johnson un-retires to play point for the Lakers,
and if Kendrick Perkins leads the league in scoring....
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
maxthefactor
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#89 » by maxthefactor » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Say what? He went to sleep and dreamed of the game being played in half court (Offensive side only). Even if the coach allowed him to not cross half court in defense and wait for the ball only in the other half of the court when attacking, he is still going to score 30 a day and 12 another day still taking 28 shots.
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#90 » by damecurry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Sam195 wrote:Harden making the all-nba first team over stephen curry and tony parker was a disgrace. Harden and D12 have such big egos and are so stuck up - they don't seem to realize that basket-ball is a team sport. No wonder chris bosh didn't want to join forces with them to pursue another title.

I can't wait for Houston to not be in the playoffs in 2015. They had the chance to be in the convo for title contenders with Cavs/Bulls/Spurs/Thunder/Clips, a top 6 overall team, now I'm convinced they'll be in the fringe-playoff convo. Instead of turning Asik and Lin into Carmelo Anthony, they turned Asik/Lin AND PARSONS into freaking Trevor Ariza, who has his contract so will likely play like crap. Either way this is a much worse roster than last year and I can feel the tensions and arrogance rising, once March roles around and it's clear to all involved that the West is even better than last year while they're much thinner/weaker... fireworks!
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,430
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#91 » by E-Balla » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:55 pm

"But James what about defense?"
"What is defense?"
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Post#92 » by puja21 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:02 pm

DaFroMan wrote:harden reminds me of steve francis.. good basketball player, but very self absorbed and slightly mentally disabled.. I see him having a very similar career as well.

Perhaps some similar attitude issues, but Harden has already had a better career in 200 fewer games:

6th man of the year 2012
2013 and 2014 All-NBA
Top-5 in MVP voting 2014
55 career playoff games
Reached the NBA Finals 2012

VS

ROY
3 all star games
5 career playoff games

Harden's size and strength already gives him a leg up on Francis for longevity and value to a GM and he is a better shooter than Francis.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#93 » by Rated T By CBRA » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Even Kobe doesn't say he is "the best player in the NBA" or ever...when compared to Jordan he points out he has his own style of play that makes him so great. Meanwhile Harden, who is hardly considered the best AT HIS POSITION busts out the "I am best overall player in league" talk - I'd even take DeRozan over this dude if given the chance...there is a reason none of the big FA agents (Gasol, Carmelo, Bosh, LeBron, etc.) didn't sign with Houston...
WalterWhite503
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#94 » by WalterWhite503 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:39 pm

Damian Lillard says no.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by BallerTalk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:40 pm

damecurry wrote:
Sam195 wrote:Harden making the all-nba first team over stephen curry and tony parker was a disgrace. Harden and D12 have such big egos and are so stuck up - they don't seem to realize that basket-ball is a team sport. No wonder chris bosh didn't want to join forces with them to pursue another title.

I can't wait for Houston to not be in the playoffs in 2015. They had the chance to be in the convo for title contenders with Cavs/Bulls/Spurs/Thunder/Clips, a top 6 overall team, now I'm convinced they'll be in the fringe-playoff convo. Instead of turning Asik and Lin into Carmelo Anthony, they turned Asik/Lin AND PARSONS into freaking Trevor Ariza, who has his contract so will likely play like crap. Either way this is a much worse roster than last year and I can feel the tensions and arrogance rising, once March roles around and it's clear to all involved that the West is even better than last year while they're much thinner/weaker... fireworks!

Interesting view you have on the Rockets situation. I think you overvalue Lin and Asik quite a bit.
From my point of view, they got rid of two bench players on two of the worst contracts in the league (they were scheduled to make $30 million combined!!!) and in the process exchanged their draft pick for one that will likely be much better (New Orleans').

They then declined to match Parsons' contract (which many agreed was an overpay) and replaced him with a similar player on a friendlier contract.
So essentially they return nearly the same starting lineup. Their bench is still a question mark, but as a Blazers fan I'm sure you can relate.

I don't see how that would drop a top 4 team in the West out of the playoffs, especially when you consider they vaulted into the top 4 in only their first year together. Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect they would be even better after having a full season together?
-
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by BallerTalk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:08 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:Even Kobe doesn't say he is "the best player in the NBA" or ever...

That's right, he said he was only 2nd best...ever! Behind only Wilt and ahead of Mike.
Considering he said this only a few seasons ago, is that not essentially saying he was the best in the NBA?

Rated T By CBRA wrote: I'd even take DeRozan over this dude if given the chance...

No GM in the NBA would.

Rated T By CBRA wrote:...there is a reason none of the big FA agents (Gasol, Carmelo, Bosh, LeBron, etc.) didn't sign with Houston...

You've been trying to push that lie all summer and have been rebuffed repeatedly.
You are persistent though. :lol:
-
Little General
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#97 » by Little General » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:24 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao[/youtube]
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#98 » by Rated T By CBRA » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:31 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
Rated T By CBRA wrote:Even Kobe doesn't say he is "the best player in the NBA" or ever...

That's right, he said he was only 2nd best...ever! Behind only Wilt and ahead of Mike.
Considering he said this only a few seasons ago, is that not essentially saying he was the best in the NBA?

Rated T By CBRA wrote: I'd even take DeRozan over this dude if given the chance...

No GM in the NBA would.

Rated T By CBRA wrote:...there is a reason none of the big FA agents (Gasol, Carmelo, Bosh, LeBron, etc.) didn't sign with Houston...

You've been trying to push that lie all summer and have been rebuffed repeatedly.
You are persistent though. :lol:

Lol glad you're consistently following my posts - appreciate the love. Not sure how its a lie on the last comment, since the biggest name they signed was Ariza...who is a good player, but not considered a "big name"...but yes, somehow I have lied about that and been rebuffed repeatedly. :crazy:
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#99 » by TheBallDoLie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:35 pm

Who cares.. It's call confidence people. Does him being humble/honest make him a better player? If you are a professional athlete, you should have a ton of confidence in yourself. Even if it is slightly deluded.

In the end I want my players to believe they are the best.. You can't be the best if you don't believe you are the best. People making a big deal of this just need something to be upset about lol
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#100 » by damecurry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:42 pm

TheBallDoLie wrote:Who cares.. It's call confidence people. Does him being humble/honest make him a better player? If you are a professional athlete, you should have a ton of confidence in yourself. Even if it is slightly deluded.

In the end I want my players to believe they are the best.. You can't be the best if you don't believe you are the best. People making a big deal of this just need something to be upset about lol

This (common) philosophy is very stupid on a multitude of levels.

Return to Wiretap Discussion