Pelicans Want Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, 1st Round Pick For Anthony Davis

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,875

Re: Pelicans Want Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, 1st Round Pick For Anthony Davis 

Post#81 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:11 pm

Floody100 wrote:
sogood wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Don't get too excited to give up the farm, Lakers fans.

AD this season: 29/13/4 with .595 TS% (33% 3pt.) ORB 3

Love's last season in MIN: 26/13/4 with a .591 TS% (38% 3pt.) ORB 3
Love's first season in CLE: 16/10/2 with a .562 TS% (37% 3pt.) ORB 2

Bosh's last season in TOR: 24/11/2 with a .592 TS% (36% 3pt.) ORB 3
Bosh's first season in MIA: 19/8/2 with a .569 TS% (24% 3pt.) ORB 2

Lebron does not make these guys better... he makes them worse. You don't want to bid on what AD is now; you want to bid on what AD will be with Lebron. The Lakers are better off with Lebron plus multiple almost all-stars than with Lebron plus one (we thought he was a superstar last year) and filler.

lmaoooooo

Dumbest post so far today. You mean the players who was stat padding on a losing team saw their numbers go down when they went into a winning situation?

You do realise AD’s on a losing team as well ? :lol:

Yes, and the other 2 won championships after being teamed with Lebron, that's the point.

Also, I'm not sure who the 'multiple almost all stars' are supposed to be that would comprise the other option.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 241

Re: Pelicans Want Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, 1st Round Pick For Anthony Davis 

Post#82 » by tigerae » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:33 pm

nedleeds wrote:What? Ball isn't a starter level player. Zubac ... I mean he might be a rotation center. Kuzma with some coaching on defense I think can be an excellent player. The Lakers pick will always be in the playoffs unless LeBron and AD get hurt. This is truly **** awful for NO.
Ball has shown signs and has flirted with triple doubles in quite a few occasions. With some coaching on his shot I think he can be the next Kidd. He's a great playmaker and has a good eye for the ball on defense to get steals.

As for NO, the snowball effect started when they decided not to keep Cousins and Rondo and build on those pieces from last year's playoff run. You want to keep a top 5 player then you need to pay to have a good team around him. Look at Milwaukee. They have been building around their top 5 and now sit as one of the top teams in the NBA record wise set to try for a deep playoff push.

Sent from my SM-G935T using RealGM mobile app
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#83 » by TKainZero » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:35 pm

If that’s what the pelicans want, send someone to NO right now to close the deal

I like ball/Kuz/zubac. But this is Anthony Davis...
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
EggIsCooling
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#84 » by EggIsCooling » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:05 am

It’s a done deal... pull the trigger LA and throw in Beyoncé as well!
nba_rant
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#85 » by nba_rant » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:36 am

If this is true, and thats what the Pelicans want. DO IT NOW!! .....NOW!!!
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,929

Post#86 » by deeps6x » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 am

This is not true. The pels don't want ball. They already have a better PG.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,576

Post#87 » by dautjazz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:30 am

Honestly considering that there are only about 30 games left, that's not a bad haul. Zubac has been playing well of late, Kuzma is averaging 22.2ppg 6.3rpg 2.6apg over the last 9, Ball only turned 21 in October, he's not anywhere near a star, but could be a good role player, and a first round pick (likely late, but whatever). Considering that AD wont resign with many teams, the Pelicans don't have much leverage, getting 3 young players and a future pick is not bad.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was another year left in his contract. Ok so they do have some more leverage then. AD was pretty cool to bring it up this season then.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,233

Post#88 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:27 am

dan-man wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:
Nobody cares what the Celtics can do since Davis has no interest in going there.

It doesn't really matter what Davis wants. NOP will take the best deal offered to them and teams will gamble for a player of his caliber. OKC gambled on PG13 and won. TOR gambled on Kawhi and we will see what happens this summer. But neither of those players had those locations on their list.

Huh? You seem confused. A desperate OKC and Toronto aren't in the same boat as Boston. Boston absolutely will not trade the farm unless they have assurances by Rich Paul that Davis will sign an extension.

I'm confused? TOR wasn't desperate. They had the best record in the East last year and Lebron had just left the conference. OKC wasn't desperate either. They put a package together of players that were underachieving for them. It just so happened that PG's demands took away enough of IND leverage that OKC's seemingly weak package was enough to get it done. The more leverage AD tries to take, the easier it will be for fringe teams to pounce. NOP will take the best package offered, regardless.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#89 » by gordoncatrell » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:47 am

jimtxsanders wrote:Porzingis
Hardaway Jr.
Knox
2019 1RP unprotected

Would NO take porzingas knowing he wont resign? NYK being floated as a strawman here by NO...KP will not extend in NO.

all young superstars can now move where they please. "2yrs left on their contract" is the NEW FREE AGENCY.
Tim Kempton
Starter
And1: 4,918

Post#90 » by Tim Kempton » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:53 am

2hard2guard wrote:Kuzma,Zubac,hart,maybe 1st round but I'm not giving up Ball ! Laker might not even trade Zubac at this point ! The dude is balling ! Young ! And hits free throws ! Major upside !

Exclamation points!
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#91 » by Simmons25 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:18 am

Pelicans would be insane to take that trash for Davis :lol:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#92 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:05 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
Floody100 wrote:
sogood wrote:
lmaoooooo

Dumbest post so far today. You mean the players who was stat padding on a losing team saw their numbers go down when they went into a winning situation?

You do realise AD’s on a losing team as well ? :lol:

Yes, and the other 2 won championships after being teamed with Lebron, that's the point.

Also, I'm not sure who the 'multiple almost all stars' are supposed to be that would comprise the other option.

Sure, but Miami signed Bosh as a free agent and CLE traded garbage to get Love.

LAL have 4 young players locked in on the cheap for at least the next 2 years. Ingram is probably the worst fit with Lebron and that's the one that isn't in this proposed deal. They have cap space this summer to add talent without sacrificing depth or future assets. This AD acquisition could turn into the "Melo to the Knicks" failure.

And how do you need "almost all-star" explained. The top 24 guys are all-stars; the next 20-30 guys almost are. Picture the 2004 Pistons but with Lebron instead of Chauncey. Balance and depth over making AD a spot-up shooter that has to clear the middle for Lebron.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 366

Post#93 » by dan-man » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:07 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:It doesn't really matter what Davis wants. NOP will take the best deal offered to them and teams will gamble for a player of his caliber. OKC gambled on PG13 and won. TOR gambled on Kawhi and we will see what happens this summer. But neither of those players had those locations on their list.

Huh? You seem confused. A desperate OKC and Toronto aren't in the same boat as Boston. Boston absolutely will not trade the farm unless they have assurances by Rich Paul that Davis will sign an extension.

I'm confused? TOR wasn't desperate. They had the best record in the East last year and Lebron had just left the conference. OKC wasn't desperate either. They put a package together of players that were underachieving for them. It just so happened that PG's demands took away enough of IND leverage that OKC's seemingly weak package was enough to get it done. The more leverage AD tries to take, the easier it will be for fringe teams to pounce. NOP will take the best package offered, regardless.

WRONG - Toronto was ready to blow it all up because Derozan was a proven choke artist. The desperate move may have some short term dividends but Leonard is heading West this summer. He just bought a 3 million dollar home in San Diego last week. Desperate with a capital D in da face.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#94 » by captain green » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:12 am

If they take that offer they need to fire the gm , owner, and just move on from the nba. This is the worst offer I've seen offered.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#95 » by streets talking » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:21 pm

OMG the LakeShow just destroyed BBB's Legacy
there will never be no trio of ball brothers in LA
magic never drafted or signed Liangelo Ball to begin with
Business is heartlessbreaking!
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#96 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:And how do you need "almost all-star" explained. The top 24 guys are all-stars; the next 20-30 guys almost are. Picture the 2004 Pistons but with Lebron instead of Chauncey. Balance and depth over making AD a spot-up shooter that has to clear the middle for Lebron.

I thought you were referring to the current Laker players as 'almost all-star'. :lol:

I think the Lakers should trade whatever it takes to get AD, as long as they don't take too many busted contracts in return. I understand that alone isn't enough, but they'll fill out the roster best they can.

Doing that may not actually give them the best chance at a ring next season, but it gives them a franchise cornerstone for post-Lebron which is a significant factor. That being said I think they can build a championship contending team even if they 'overpay' to get AD before the trade deadline. I say that because they would have to sell out to get AD now, vs. take their chances in the offseason.
madmaxmedia
RealGM

Post#97 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:17 pm

captain green wrote:If they take that offer they need to fire the gm , owner, and just move on from the nba. This is the worst offer I've seen offered.

It's a misleading headline, article says that's just the starting point for the Lakers to interest NO now.

In actuality, Lakers basically would need to be willing to give up basically anything and everything (besides Lebron) from their roster to get NO to bite before the trade deadline. I think they should do it as long as they don't have to take back too many or big busted contracts, even if it doesn't give them the best chance at a ring this year or maybe even next year. Because from a business standpoint they will have secured the future of the franchise (AD's age is a big part of this), and should still be able to assemble a supporting cast around Lebron and AD to be pretty strong contender. Of course after Lebron is done, they would be able to hit free agency immediately to find a new partner for AD.

I am pretty sure this is what the Lakers are going to try to do before now and the trade deadline, it may or may not be good enough.

The alternative is to have maybe a 50:50 change of beating Boston (and others) this offseason in a trade. If they lose out on that, they may as well move on and look to other free agents than wait another year for AD to hit free agency.
jimtxsanders
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#98 » by jimtxsanders » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:52 pm

gordoncatrell wrote:
jimtxsanders wrote:Porzingis
Hardaway Jr.
Knox
2019 1RP unprotected

Would NO take porzingas knowing he wont resign? NYK being floated as a strawman here by NO...KP will not extend in NO.

all young superstars can now move where they please. "2yrs left on their contract" is the NEW FREE AGENCY.

Porzingis is still on his Rookie contract and should still be a Restricted Free Agent. They have control over him for at least another 3 years.
IMO the best assets available between BOS, NY, and LA are in this order:
NY Unprotected 1st Round pick
Tatum
Porzingis
Ingram
Brown
Ball
Celtics picks (likely between 8-16)
Kuzma
Knicks youth
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#99 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:41 pm

dan-man wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
dan-man wrote:

WRONG - Toronto was ready to blow it all up because Derozan was a proven choke artist. The desperate move may have some short term dividends but Leonard is heading West this summer. He just bought a 3 million dollar home in San Diego last week. Desperate with a capital D in da face.

WRONG - Kawhi could have pulled a Kawhi and not played a game this season and TOR would still have had home court in the playoffs. TOR actually has a better record without Kawhi (11-3 .786%) than with him (26-12 .684%) this season. When/if Kawhi goes west he will leave a wake of cap space with Pascal Siakam standing in the middle of it. They'll be fine... it's the East!
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#100 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:11 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:And how do you need "almost all-star" explained. The top 24 guys are all-stars; the next 20-30 guys almost are. Picture the 2004 Pistons but with Lebron instead of Chauncey. Balance and depth over making AD a spot-up shooter that has to clear the middle for Lebron.

I thought you were referring to the current Laker players as 'almost all-star'. :lol:

I think the Lakers should trade whatever it takes to get AD, as long as they don't take too many busted contracts in return. I understand that alone isn't enough, but they'll fill out the roster best they can.

Doing that may not actually give them the best chance at a ring next season, but it gives them a franchise cornerstone for post-Lebron which is a significant factor. That being said I think they can build a championship contending team even if they 'overpay' to get AD before the trade deadline. I say that because they would have to sell out to get AD now, vs. take their chances in the offseason.

Sure, but young talent is hard to get a hold of... so you end up with Hill, Hood, Fry, etc. and nothing but late 1st round picks while Lebron's in town. If they can trade Ingram for a player that's a better fit with Lebron and keep the rest of that depth in place they'll be better for it.

Return to Wiretap Discussion