Nash Enduring 'Most Frustrating' Season Of Career

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Nash Enduring 'Most Frustrating' Season Of Career 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Dealing with numerous injuries, Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash was asked if this has been the most frustrating season of his lengthy career.

"Right up there, if not the most frustrating," Nash said. "I've played a long time, so I can't remember all those years, but it's frustrating. Maybe it's because of the freshness, but it feels the most frustrating for sure."

He is a veteran of 17 NBA seasons.

Nash broke his left leg in the second game of the season and missed two months. He hurt his hip last month and has dealt with hamstring discomfort because of that injury.

He recently switched to a stronger medication in hopes of alleviating the pain in his hamstring, according to a source.

"For me, I always just try to keep my head down and keep pushing and fight and try to get better to help the team," Nash said. "I feel like that allowed me to come out of the seven weeks (following the left leg injury) and play after two practices, which is not easy, but it was because of the hard work.

"When things weren't going well with the team, I just tried to work and try to get better and we got a little better there through February and March and now I'm back struggling and just fighting to get better again."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

IDBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Re: Nash Enduring 'Most Frustrating' Season Of Career 

Post#2 » by IDBall » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Should have stayed in Phoenix :lol:
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#3 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:18 am

Father Time is speaking through the various injuries, but I won't be surprised to see Nash contribute in a major way in the Laker playoffs. He can still shoot the ball as well as ever and all it will take is for him to have his legs if the Lakers get past the first round of the playoffs. The blessing for Nash is the team is getting better without him, but Mike D'Antoni was his coach through two MVP seasons.

If his health is passable, I expect big things still in this frustrating season from Nash. I won't be shocked at all to see the Lakers go far in the playoffs and with Nash hitting big shots, possibly in a bench role if he can handle that.
Bye bye Beal.
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Post#4 » by Rashidi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Literally said it's NOT the most frustrating.

Return to Wiretap Discussion