Jerry West Defends D

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jerry West Defends D 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Jerry West came out in support of Mike D'Antoni, who has received criticism after the Los Angeles Lakers squeaked into the playoffs with a 45-37 record.

"I think there's been far too much criticism of Mike [D'Antoni]," West said.

"I think it's grossly unfair to him. He inherited a team that had a bunch of injuries," West said. "He inherited a team without a training camp. I think he's done a nice job, to be honest with you."

Fans and analysts have urged the Lakers to pound the ball into the post.

"All these social media things about throw the ball inside -- you have to be able make shots from the outside if you're going to be able to make shots from the inside," West said.

Via Eric Pincus/Los Angeles Times

Chuck Newhouse
Banned User
And1: 980

Re: Jerry West Defends D 

Post#2 » by Chuck Newhouse » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Why would I have any respect for someone who hired Mike Brown and Mike D'antoni with-out speaking to Phil Jackson about the situation. Even if he had...to hire those 2 incompetent clowns is a joke. As a laker hater I love it though.
10acious
Junior
And1: 13

Re: Jerry West Defends D 

Post#3 » by 10acious » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Remember that Jim Buss, the undeserving member of the lucky sperm club who runs the Lakers basketball operations, hated Phil Jackson and rid the Lakers of anyone associated with Jackson when he retired. Jim Buss will never consult with Jackson.

I think Buss will fire D'Antoni after the Lakers playoff run has ended, since they are no longer paying Brown to do nothing. They never wanted two ex-coaches on the payroll but one is ok, especially one that for some strange reason will be in demand by other teams, like D'Antoni. They will then seek the advice of Kobe, Gasol, Nash and Howard, to soothe hurt egos, and try to hire a new coach that fully utilizes the teams strengths.

Return to Wiretap Discussion