Rondo On Schedule In Early Stages Of ACL Recovery

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rondo On Schedule In Early Stages Of ACL Recovery 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Rajon Rondo was shooting jumpers before the Boston Celtics' Game 4 win over the New York Knicks.

Rondo, who is out for the season with a torn ACL, is finding it difficult to be a spectator.

"I like to compete, I want to play but I'm fine where I'm at right now," Rondo said. "I'm just trying to support my teammates. That's all I can do and that's what I am going to do. I've been watching for four months now, it's hard sitting on the sideline watching. Can't do anything about it."

Rondo has played some of his best basketball during the postseason.

"That's what it's about, it's about stepping up to the plate, when the lights come on that's when you see what you're made of," he said. "I love the spotlight. I love the pressure situations and what other situation is better than the playoffs."

Rondo had surgery on Feb. 13 and is expected to return between six and 12 months.

"Every ACL surgery they say you can start running in about four to six months (after surgery)," he said. "I think that's when I'll start running. That's in the textbook of ACL rehab. I don't know how long training camp is far from my surgery. I get in between six to 12 months."

Derrick Rose, a rival to Rondo at point guard, still hasn't returned from his torn ACL.

"Everybody's different," Rondo said. "I can walk. I should be walking by now and I can walk. I can't jump. I can't run but I'm walking so for me that's on schedule."

Via Gary Washburn/Boston Globe

Return to Wiretap Discussion