Dwight Howard Doesn't Want Any Outside Pressure On Free Agency Decision

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Dwight Howard Doesn't Want Any Outside Pressure On Free Agency Decision 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:49 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers enter an uncertain offseason that will be dictated by their ability to re-sign Dwight Howard.

"We're very confident that we can build around Dwight Howard," said Mitch Kupchak.

Kupchak had a long conversation with Howard on Tuesday that he felt went well. Kupchak did confess that it is difficult for him to be fully confident of Howard returning to the Lakers.

"I think he understands: the sooner, the better for everybody," said Kupchak about when Howard may make a decision.

Howard also addressed the media on Tuesday.

"I just want an opportunity to make a decision for myself to make myself happy," Howard said. "I just don't want any pressure from anybody."

Howard also wants to avoid his free agency becoming an event unto itself the way his departure from the Orlando Magic materialized. 

"I'm not gonna allow any of the fake rumors from last year to happen this year. If something comes out, you're going to hear from me."

Howard wrapped his interview session by indicating that the most memorable moment from the 12-13 season with the Lakers was when he was pranked by his teammates in the preseason to run out of the tunnel by himself.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Lord Hades
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Re: Dwight Howard Doesn't Want Any Outside Pressure On Free  

Post#2 » by Lord Hades » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 pm

"I just don't want any pressure from anybody."

Good luck with that, Dwight. :lol:

This likely turns into a circus, with him leading it, unless he makes a quick decision. So yeah, good luck.
"We've proven that we can do it and we'll do it again."
pssshhhrrr87
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#3 » by pssshhhrrr87 » Wed May 1, 2013 12:59 am

BRING HIM HOME FERRY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#4 » by JBreezeNY » Wed May 1, 2013 1:03 am

Unless he does what KD did with his contract extension, Dwight isn't fooling anyone.
StickAndMove
Junior
And1: 14

Post#5 » by StickAndMove » Wed May 1, 2013 9:18 pm

The media is going to make a circus out of it and if he addresses every fake rumor that comes out he will likely add fuel to the fire. He'd be better off to stay quiet and let them overanalyze everything. If I were Dwight, I wouldn't speak to the media again until I've made up my mind.
Stuckey Stuckey! Five Dolla!

Return to Wiretap Discussion