Cavaliers Appear To Be Targeting Small Forward In Draft

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavaliers Appear To Be Targeting Small Forward In Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 16, 2013 3:40 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers appear to be looking to upgrade the small forward position in the upcoming NBA draft.

Otto Porter is considered the top-ranked small forward.

“I’m pretty sure the Cavs are praying right now that Otto Porter is there on the board when they draft,” Ford said. “He is a perfect fit for them. If he’s off the board, I do think there is a question mark there. I think ‘3’ is the position they need the most.

“While we thought three was going to be stronger, we thought Shabazz Muhammad would be a guy that would be a great fit there. I think his play at UCLA has raised major question marks whether that’s the case.”

The Cavaliers will have four of the top 33 picks in the June draft.

Via Bob Finnan/News-Herald

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Cavaliers Appear To Be Targeting Small Forward In Draft 

Post#2 » by The_Hater » Thu May 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Year after year Chad Ford talks about the 'team need's' when assessing the draft and trying to guess who will go where. And year after year 80-90% of the teams only have one thought on their mind when it's their turn to pick, take the best player on the board.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
TomShoe
Junior
And1: 619

Re: Cavaliers Appear To Be Targeting Small Forward In Draft 

Post#3 » by TomShoe » Thu May 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Well it's kind of obvious that the Cavs are in need of a SF. They have young talent at every position.

PG: Irving
SG: Waiters
SF: ?
PF: Thompson
C: Zeller

While Alonzo Gee and Omri Casspi are OK players, neither one of them is the answer going forward. It only makes sense. However, if they do land the #1 pick, they're probably taking the BPA.

Return to Wiretap Discussion