Thunder May Anticipate 6th Man Role For Reggie Jackson

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Thunder May Anticipate 6th Man Role For Reggie Jackson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat May 18, 2013 4:32 am

After sporadic playing time as a rookie last season, Reggie Jackson emerged as a critical guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder and averaged 13.3 points, 4.9 rebounds and 3.6 assists in the playoffs.

With Russell Westbrook set to return next season, the Thunder might be anticipating a sixth man role for Jackson.

“If that's the number that's called,” Jackson said, “I'm doing my best to just be ready for whatever situation I'm thrown into next year.”

“I'm excited about his future, about what he was able to do during the minutes that he had," Brooks added.

Via Darnell Mayberry/The Oklahoman

Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Re: Thunder May Anticipate 6th Man Role For Reggie Jackson 

Post#2 » by Nanogeek » Sat May 18, 2013 12:43 pm

If this means they aren't resigning Martin then this team won't be seeing the finals anytime soon.
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Post#3 » by sonictecture » Sat May 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Nanogeek wrote:If this means they aren't resigning Martin then this team won't be seeing the finals anytime soon.

How is Martin the key for OKC returning to the Finals?

Jackson is deserving of a bigger role and more minutes, but unless he can become more of an outside threat for next season, a pure sixth man role would be too much responsibility. If anything Jackson's development would allow the team to go with a less experienced player like Lamb over Martin if desired.
dmize
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#4 » by dmize » Sat May 18, 2013 4:02 pm

More like if they bring back Martin they won't be seeing the finals any time soon...

Give Lamb a year or 2 and he'll be better than Kev Martin.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#5 » by Nanogeek » Sat May 18, 2013 5:16 pm

If you think Durant-Westbrook-Jackson-Ibaka are championship material or you are pinning your hopes on Lamb develop in a couple of years then there's no help for you.

Return to Wiretap Discussion