Stephen Curry Envisions Himself Staying With Warriors For Duration Of Career

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Stephen Curry Envisions Himself Staying With Warriors For Duration Of Career 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 31, 2013 2:20 am

Stephen Curry hopes to be a Golden State Warrior for life.

Four years ago, Curry was disappointed that he wasn’t drafted by the Knicks; now, he worries that a new arena will alter the makeup of the Warriors’ notoriously rowdy fan base.

"No offense to New York, but I'm so, so happy I didn't fall to them in the draft," Curry said. "No matter what they do with the new arena, they better not change the dynamics of the fan base. If we have the same fans, in this new place … man, I'd want to play here forever. Wouldn't you?"

Curry is overwhelmed by the support he's received since leading the Warriors to the second round.

"You wanna know how much this place loves their Warriors?" Curry said. "We made it to the conference semifinals and they gave me a freaking key to the city. The key to the city! For the semis! If we'd have won the title, they'd have put a statue of coach Jackson on top of the bridge."

Via Will Leitch/Sports on Earth

Carl25
Bench Warmer
And1: 64

Re: Stephen Curry Envisions Himself Staying With Warriors Fo 

Post#2 » by Carl25 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:21 am

Steph Curry is the man. I hope he's able to stay healthy and keep breaking shooting records.
"Through Thick and Thin."
RIP Norm Van Lier
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#3 » by cdubbz » Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 am

I remember being bummed he was hoping to get drafted by the Knicks. Don't think he was hating on the Warriors, but he didn't workout for the Warriors in pre-draft.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#4 » by Dolphin Lips » Fri May 31, 2013 7:59 pm

And no one will watch you until the playoffs
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Return to Wiretap Discussion