Bulls Likely To Target Draft Defensive-Minded Players In Draft

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bulls Likely To Target Draft Defensive-Minded Players In Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 1, 2013 4:15 pm

The Chicago Bulls will likely take a defensive-minded player in the first or second round of the NBA draft later this month.

Gorgui Dieng, Steven Adams and Jeff Withey have been floated as potential targets.

The Bulls own the 20th and 49th overall picks.

Via Joe Cowley/Chicago Sun-Times

RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Re: Bulls Likely To Target Draft Defensive-Minded Players In 

Post#2 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Sat Jun 1, 2013 5:00 pm

The Bulls take a defensive minded player? Really, going out on a limb?
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#3 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sat Jun 1, 2013 5:43 pm

I think they should go for an offensively gifted player this time around. They have enough players who can play good/great defence but the offence tends to go cold often...
Credits to Jstock12
jroane
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by jroane » Sat Jun 1, 2013 6:27 pm

Somebody should tell the Bulls that offensively challenged teams rarely win championships. They have a defensive team that is capable, their shortcomings are on the offensive side. Defense can only get you so far.
MrTipper2U
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#5 » by MrTipper2U » Sat Jun 1, 2013 7:12 pm

jroane wrote:Somebody should tell the Bulls that offensively challenged teams rarely win championships. They have a defensive team that is capable, their shortcomings are on the offensive side. Defense can only get you so far.

What he said^^^
Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Post#6 » by Neusch23 » Sat Jun 1, 2013 7:28 pm

They are adding an offensively gifted player already next year. His last name is Rose.
youblewwit
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#7 » by youblewwit » Sat Jun 1, 2013 7:39 pm

Neusch23 wrote:They are adding an offensively gifted player already next year. His last name is Rose.

Oh, so they just want to play second fiddle to the Heat again next year I guess.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#8 » by Joel Embust » Sat Jun 1, 2013 7:45 pm

Someone should also inform them that Steven Adams won't be available outside the lotto.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#9 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sat Jun 1, 2013 8:31 pm

That's some crack reporting right there.

Chicago, one of the most defense obsessed teams in the league, will "likely" take a defensive minded player in either the first or second round of the draft. Wow. What insight. I feel stupid now because I haven't fooled anybody into paying me for writing that kind of stuff.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#10 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Jun 2, 2013 8:47 am

what else is new. I think paxson needs to be fired. I can understand a defensive center but using both picks on defense is just not caring about the offense side at all. rose cant do it by himself. he lied all those other years claiming hes ok with the team as it is. his brother got that out for him. I hope they are looking at 2 way players instead of just defensive minded players. ill be damned if we go into next season with another Ronnie brewer. if u cant find a player who can get u at least 12 ppg then pass on him
Bully6789
Senior
And1: 26

Post#11 » by Bully6789 » Sun Jun 2, 2013 8:11 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:what else is new. I think paxson needs to be fired. I can understand a defensive center but using both picks on defense is just not caring about the offense side at all. rose cant do it by himself. he lied all those other years claiming hes ok with the team as it is. his brother got that out for him. I hope they are looking at 2 way players instead of just defensive minded players. ill be damned if we go into next season with another Ronnie brewer. if u cant find a player who can get u at least 12 ppg then pass on him

Who do you think the Bulls can get at 20 or 49 that can get enough minutes to avg 12 points a game as a rookie on this Bulls team?
Bully6789
Senior
And1: 26

Post#12 » by Bully6789 » Sun Jun 2, 2013 8:16 pm

TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:I think they should go for an offensively gifted player this time around. They have enough players who can play good/great defence but the offence tends to go cold often...

As I stated to someone already what gifted offensive player will be at #20 that can get enough minutes as a rookie with the Bulls. People are making these assumptions about who the Bulls should draft thinking they should find someone who can avg 12 pts please if that rookie is out there where will he get the minutes on the Bulls to do that?
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#13 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Jun 2, 2013 9:34 pm

Bully6789 wrote:
TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:I think they should go for an offensively gifted player this time around. They have enough players who can play good/great defence but the offence tends to go cold often...

As I stated to someone already what gifted offensive player will be at #20 that can get enough minutes as a rookie with the Bulls. People are making these assumptions about who the Bulls should draft thinking they should find someone who can avg 12 pts please if that rookie is out there where will he get the minutes on the Bulls to do that?

They could attempt to trade the pick along with a player on the roster and upgrade a position of need than, say SG. I'm sure there are some SG available, depending on the deal and the picks given.
Credits to Jstock12

Return to Wiretap Discussion