Roy Hibbert Apologizes For Using Gay Slur

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Roy Hibbert Apologizes For Using Gay Slur 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 2, 2013 6:11 pm

After responding to a question about his defense by saying "no homo," Roy Hibbert apologized on Sunday for using the gay slur.

"I am apologizing for insensitive remarks made during the postgame press conference after our victory over Miami Saturday night," Hibbert said in a statement. "They were disrespectful and offensive and not a reflection of my personal views. I used a slang term that is not appropriate in any setting, private or public, and the language I used definitely has no place in a public forum, especially over live television. I apologize to those who I have offended, to our fans and to the Pacers’ organization. I sincerely have deep regret over my choice of words last night."

Hibbert had a dominant effort in the Indiana Pacers' Game 6 win over the Heat, dropping 24 points and 11 rebounds.

He also had a rant about reporters who failed to vote him as the Defensive Player of the Year.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Re: Roy Hibbert Apologizes For Using Gay Slur 

Post#2 » by Knox » Sun Jun 2, 2013 8:07 pm

This is a damn joke ... he attacked the media's credibility (reporters) now they are blowing things out of proportion to make him look bad. Vindictive pricks..... Gained a lot of respect for Roy
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
Brovva Blaqq
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#3 » by Brovva Blaqq » Sun Jun 2, 2013 8:52 pm

Since when is "no homo" a gay slur?

American media is a bunch of crybabies and p*ssies. Forreal!
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,295

Post#4 » by Clyde Frazier » Sun Jun 2, 2013 9:01 pm

Brovva Blaqq wrote:Since when is "no homo" a gay slur?

You didn't actually see the video, did you? "No homo" isn't really a gay slur, but he said it in a "that's what she said" context which was completely unnecessary and immature. It was bizarre.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#5 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sun Jun 2, 2013 9:14 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:

You didn't actually see the video, did you? "No homo" isn't really a gay slur, but he said it in a "that's what she said" context which was completely unnecessary and immature. It was bizarre.

and? This whole situation is a f*cking joke!
Man this gay-community has so much power, you have to kiss their asses otherwise you will get fined!
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#6 » by junot111 » Sun Jun 2, 2013 9:51 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:

yes but that still doesn't make it a "gay slur". Same meaning as "pause". He shouldn't be crucified for that remark. Directly calling the media **** on the other hand was a lot more inappropriate in my opinion
makio9
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by makio9 » Sun Jun 2, 2013 10:00 pm

Roy Hibberts a bit weird :lol:
Brovva Blaqq
Banned User
And1: 67

Post#8 » by Brovva Blaqq » Sun Jun 2, 2013 10:15 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:

I saw it. Several times. The part where he called the media people motherf*ckers was best.

Americans are so sensitive when it comes to "inappropriate" language its beyond ridiculous. On our national TV an analyst called a bunch of kids that were throwing paper planes, "whores kids" and nothing happened. He was ridiculed in a bunch of comedy shows, was asked in an interview about it, explained why he did - end of the story.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

btw. What happened with the Birdman incident, he shoved a referee - no fine or sthg?
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#9 » by Joel Embust » Sun Jun 2, 2013 10:30 pm

Brovva Blaqq wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:

I saw it. Several times. The part where he called the media people motherf*ckers was best.

Americans are so sensitive when it comes to "inappropriate" language its beyond ridiculous. On our national TV an analyst called a bunch of kids that were throwing paper planes, "whores kids" and nothing happened. He was ridiculed in a bunch of comedy shows, was asked in an interview about it, explained why he did - end of the story.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

btw. What happened with the Birdman incident, he shoved a referee - no fine or sthg?

Love your post bro. No homo!
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#10 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 2, 2013 11:00 pm

How is homo a slur for homosexual? It's called an abbreviation and the phrase is just him recognizing that he could be taken out of context so he's beating you to the punch.

Hibbert's an idiot for saying this during a news conference and for that he should be criticized. But anyone pretending this is actually offensive or real news in ANY way needs to STFU.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#11 » by mj234eva » Sun Jun 2, 2013 11:33 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:

And how much would the fine have been if he had said "that's what she said?"
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
DukeH
Senior
And1: 40

Post#12 » by DukeH » Mon Jun 3, 2013 2:06 am

Aint nothing to apologize for.

Return to Wiretap Discussion