Lionel Hollins Recieves Permission To Negotiate With Other Teams

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Lionel Hollins Recieves Permission To Negotiate With Other Teams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 2, 2013 8:25 pm

Lionel Hollins has received permission from the Memphis Grizzlies to talk to other NBA teams about a head coach opening.

Discussions between the Grizzlies and Hollins stalled on Saturday night, with "major philosophical differences," according to a source.

The Brooklyn Nets will primarily target Hollins and Brian Shaw for their coaching vacancy.

Hollins led the Grizzlies to the Western Conference finals and has said he wants to return.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Re: Lionel Hollins Recieves Permission To Negotiate With Oth 

Post#2 » by GeneralNbaFan » Sun Jun 2, 2013 9:11 pm

He should go to a team which wants to win. And not trade one of your best (and young) player and your good bench player for absolutely nothing.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#3 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Jun 2, 2013 9:28 pm

GeneralNbaFan wrote:He should go to a team which wants to win. And not trade one of your best (and young) player and your good bench player for absolutely nothing.

While I agree with your statement, I think the Grizzlies did fine, making it to the conference finals with a shallow bench and a hole at sf. A good offseason should get them the pieces they need to go further next year. Or to blow it all up, and rebuild.
Credits to Jstock12
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#4 » by Nanogeek » Sun Jun 2, 2013 9:36 pm

Hollins doesn't believe in all the number crunching whereas the new owner and Hollinger obviously do. Hollins won't likely be back. I'd wager he's headed for the Nets or perhaps the Clippers.
seorang
Starter
And1: 1,269

Post#5 » by seorang » Mon Jun 3, 2013 1:54 am

This could be a HUGE mistake by the Grizzlies
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#6 » by NikolaPekovic » Mon Jun 3, 2013 2:49 am

He could bring some toughness to the nets.
CreoleTiger
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#7 » by CreoleTiger » Mon Jun 3, 2013 8:37 am

GeneralNbaFan wrote:He should go to a team which wants to win. And not trade one of your best (and young) player and your good bench player for absolutely nothing.

Agree. Not sold on Memphis's ownership/FO at all. Their next move will probably be moving Gasol. Grizzlies fans think he and Conley are untouchable based on some dinner they had with ownership earlier this season. Conley, I buy because they seriously believe he is a top notch point guard that can lead them to a title but Gasol will be their next number crunch.

How crazy would it be if Hollins ended up coaching the Clippers.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#8 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Jun 3, 2013 1:58 pm

Lionel Hollins is why the Grizzles are who they are. Z-Bo would be the same Z-Bo playing on another team. A team without a bonifide superstar won 56 games and made it to the Western Conference Finals. Loosing Lionel Hollins would be a huge mistake by the Grizzles. Ownership gotta pay this man if they are looking to continue to contend in the West

Return to Wiretap Discussion