Clippers' Talks With Jeff Van Gundy Over

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Clippers' Talks With Jeff Van Gundy Over 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 3, 2013 7:49 pm

Jeff Van Gundy is no longer a candidate to become the next head coach of the Los Angeles Clippers.

Van Gundy spoke with the Clippers on multiple occasions, but those talks have become dormant.

Van Gundy has had success in broadcasting since last coaching in the NBA with the Houston Rockets.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Clippers' Talks With Jeff Van Gundy Over 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Mon Jun 3, 2013 8:47 pm

I don't see how any coach will reach an agreement with the clippers without knowing if cp3 will commit to stay next year and beyond. The clippers without cp3 are the typical clippers, a bottom feeding non-playoff team.
EdAram21
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#3 » by EdAram21 » Mon Jun 3, 2013 9:10 pm

Sam195 wrote:I don't see how any coach will reach an agreement with the clippers without knowing if cp3 will commit to stay next year and beyond. The clippers without cp3 are the typical clippers, a bottom feeding non-playoff team.

Any team without their superstar will become a non-playoff team. Hence, Cleveland without LeBron, Lakers without Kobe, etc. Sounds like you're just a Clipper hater, taking shots when available. Do you.

Before CP3 came to the Clippers, they were projected to be a playoff team anyway. If the CP3 leaves, they would still be in good shape. They have Bledsoe as a back up plan, and they would have a lot of cap space to sign quality guys or another superstar type player. They do need a coach, and I never thought JVG was really going to leave his cushy job to coach again. He just looks happy doing what he's doing. George Karl would be my option, if available. Hollins and Scott are other good options for the Clips.
GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#4 » by GeneralNbaFan » Mon Jun 3, 2013 9:34 pm

Clippers + JVG/SVG = Contender! Underdog, but still....
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#5 » by bullsnewdynasty » Tue Jun 4, 2013 1:16 am

EdAram21 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:I don't see how any coach will reach an agreement with the clippers without knowing if cp3 will commit to stay next year and beyond. The clippers without cp3 are the typical clippers, a bottom feeding non-playoff team.

Any team without their superstar will become a non-playoff team. Hence, Cleveland without LeBron, Lakers without Kobe, etc. Sounds like you're just a Clipper hater, taking shots when available. Do you.

Before CP3 came to the Clippers, they were projected to be a playoff team anyway. If the CP3 leaves, they would still be in good shape. They have Bledsoe as a back up plan, and they would have a lot of cap space to sign quality guys or another superstar type player. They do need a coach, and I never thought JVG was really going to leave his cushy job to coach again. He just looks happy doing what he's doing. George Karl would be my option, if available. Hollins and Scott are other good options for the Clips.

Chicago Bulls? Without MJ and without Derrick Rose still made 2nd round appearances.

Return to Wiretap Discussion