Sources: Rivers Open To Other Coaching Opportunities

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Sources: Rivers Open To Other Coaching Opportunities 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Doc Rivers is open to other high-profile coaching jobs, according to sources with knowledge of his intentions.

According to one source, it’s fair to assume Rivers would want some measure of player personnel control if he were to accept a new job. 

Rivers is expected to announce his intentions within the next several days.

Via Steve Bulpett/Boston Herald

Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Re: Sources: Rivers Open To Other Coaching Opportunities 

Post#2 » by Dolphin Lips » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Run when things get tough.. Why dont you take the year off and watch your son suck it up on the NBA level
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:Run when things get tough.. Why dont you take the year off and watch your son suck it up on the NBA level

I will give a hypothetical if Donald Sterling is willing to match the 7 million dollar annual salary that Doc is currently making with the celtics. Doc most likely leaves the celtics if Ainge doesn't pick pierce's option and buys him out for 5 million. In that case Rivers will take the clippers job and recruit pierce to play for the mid-level which would give pierce a total salary of 10 million for 2013/14 season ( 5 million from clips + 5 million from Cs). Clippers could than trade deandre jordan and dump caron butler's salary for KG. Billups would likely resign with the clippers to play with his good friend garnett and the now contending clippers. Imagine a starting 5 of CP3, Billups, Pierce, Griffin and Garnett with Crawford and Barnes off the bench. Watch out Spurs and Heat.
Combs84
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#4 » by Combs84 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Sam195 wrote:
Dolphin Lips wrote:Run when things get tough.. Why dont you take the year off and watch your son suck it up on the NBA level

I will give a hypothetical if Donald Sterling is willing to match the 7 million dollar annual salary that Doc is currently making with the celtics. Doc most likely leaves the celtics if Ainge doesn't pick pierce's option and buys him out for 5 million. In that case Rivers will take the clippers job and recruit pierce to play for the mid-level which would give pierce a total salary of 10 million for 2013/14 season ( 5 million from clips + 5 million from Cs). Clippers could than trade deandre jordan and dump caron butler's salary for KG. Billups would likely resign with the clippers to play with his good friend garnett and the now contending clippers. Imagine a starting 5 of CP3, Billups, Pierce, Griffin and Garnett with Crawford and Barnes off the bench. Watch out Spurs and Heat.

Keep Dreamin. They'll be likely just to keep Chris Paul.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#5 » by Dolphin Lips » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:37 pm

Why didnt he quit when the Celtics were contending for the last 8 years?.. 1 off year, and a bleak future (after being outspoken about Ray Allen leaving as well) and now he wants to walk away-- Lost all respect, even if he does return
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

boston_fan_ct
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#6 » by boston_fan_ct » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:43 pm

He wants to leave then leave already. I am so tired of this drama in sports.

Return to Wiretap Discussion