Metta World Peace Won't Opt For Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Metta World Peace Won't Opt For Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Metta World Peace has decided to not use his early termination option and will stay with the Los Angeles Lakers next season for $7.7 million.

World Peace had considered opting out to become a free agent as the Lakers enter an offseason of uncertainty.

The Lakers could user their amnesty on World Peace.

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Metta World Peace Won't Opt For Free Agency 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:52 pm

MWP is a moron if he thought someone would pay a headcase like him more than 7 million a year especially when the defensive skill set he was famous for has basically diminished and has left him to be a spot up shooter. Lol it was funny when in an interview when he was asked about the lakers future, he said I hope they make the necessary moves to try to entice me to resign. Kupchak would be doing back flips in his office if metta opted out they gave him a five year deal in which he only produced for two years relevant to his salary. I don't think the lakers will amnesty him because they won't be able to find an adequate replacement at the mini midlevel or veterans minimum.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#3 » by King4Day » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:27 pm

This news isn't shocking. He doesn't have much value left to warrant a team paying him anything near that salary.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#4 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:16 pm

This sadly means that MWP does not want to be a Laker. There have been talks over the last 6 months that MWP would opt out of the last year of his contract and sign a 3 year deal paying him a lot less.

MWP is thinking business and I get it. But if it comes down to Gasol or MWP we have to take Gasol.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#5 » by alienpick » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:51 am

well that sucks for the lakers...

Return to Wiretap Discussion