Deng, Bulls Discuss Contract Extension

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Deng, Bulls Discuss Contract Extension 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 pm

The Chicago Bulls have begun contract extension talks with Luol Deng.

Deng has one season and $14.3 million remaining on his contract.

Deng's agent had talks with the Bulls after their elimination from the playoffs and plan on resuming discussions in the near future.

The Bulls are conscious of how their roster will be constructed in relation to the luxury tax.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Deng, Bulls Discuss Contract Extension 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Don't sign an extension luol even if its the max you can get, the bulls will just wait out the signing moratorium and trade you to a cellar team like charlotte or sacramento for draft picks and cap relief.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#3 » by Donnyxc » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Sam195 wrote:Don't sign an extension luol even if its the max you can get, the bulls will just wait out the signing moratorium and trade you to a cellar team like charlotte or sacramento for draft picks and cap relief.

The Bulls GM will probably use his cell to sell him to a cellar team.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#4 » by donaldtrump_00 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:10 pm

hes not a superstar he needs to go now. why are they so sold on this guy. always injured and never was what we all expected but for some reason chi is just in love with him. his defense is slightly overated. his offense is barely enough to when a crucial game. he has many games when he is on and where his jumpshot is working but he is going to stop chi from ever going all the way past mia because he settles for to many long jumpshots instead of attacking the rim like every other player in the nba. he needs a game outside of two dribbles and pull up. at least a post game. im a bulls fan and im piseed hes still on the team. I think they said this about chris webber in 2002. that he was a fake franchise player. that's exactly how I feel about deng. never going to get u over the hump. fools gold. even when avg good stats it all system play. now hes about to walk on us for free and paxson to blind to see it

Return to Wiretap Discussion