Rockets Waive Brooks, Delfino; Looking For Trade Of Robinson For Additional Space

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rockets Waive Brooks, Delfino; Looking For Trade Of Robinson For Additional Space 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 pm

The Houston Rockets have waived Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino.

The Rockets were unable to find a trading partner to deal other player and were forced to waive them to clear cap space.

The Rockets are pursuing Dwight Howard and need to offer a max contract.

Houston is also looking to unload Thomas Robinson to clear addition space.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Rockets Waive Brooks, Delfino; Looking For Trade Of Robi 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:22 pm

I don't think Morey is going to just give robinson away until he get's a commitment from Dwight that he will sign in Houston. I though it was really stupid that it was being reported that Robinson the former 5th pick in a good 2012 draft class was going to be dealt for a low first rounder in a what's expected to be a bad draft. Robinson's situation reminds me a lot of Chauncey Billups in 1997 when he was drafted by the celtics. There was no red flags in college about either player like they lacked a motor or were involved with the wrong crowd. Robinson led the nation in double doubles in 2012. I feel like if Robinson plays for a good coach who can maximize his strengths like a popovich or carlisle in dallas he can revive his career. Robinson just needs to make a rotation not an all star team to avoid getting the bust label. Shane Battier was a guy who was drafted 6th in 2001, never made an all star team but was part of the rotation on both competitive and championship teams. I don't hear anyone calling battier a bust.
TV63
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by TV63 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Oops! Sam , Yahoo News reporter Bradley Ryder just did today call him a bust and over rated.
tdotballer987
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by tdotballer987 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:36 pm

stupid of them to waive delfino. he was good for them.
stew
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by stew » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Sam195 wrote:I don't think Morey is going to just give robinson away until he get's a commitment from Dwight that he will sign in Houston. I though it was really stupid that it was being reported that Robinson the former 5th pick in a good 2012 draft class was going to be dealt for a low first rounder in a what's expected to be a bad draft. Robinson's situation reminds me a lot of Chauncey Billups in 1997 when he was drafted by the celtics. There was no red flags in college about either player like they lacked a motor or were involved with the wrong crowd. Robinson led the nation in double doubles in 2012. I feel like if Robinson plays for a good coach who can maximize his strengths like a popovich or carlisle in dallas he can revive his career. Robinson just needs to make a rotation not an all star team to avoid getting the bust label. Shane Battier was a guy who was drafted 6th in 2001, never made an all star team but was part of the rotation on both competitive and championship teams. I don't hear anyone calling battier a bust.

Are you really comparing Battier with Robinson? c'mon son!
Anybody in the league for years had trouble scoring against him. He was so good on the defensive end. Robinson will never be that good at anything!

Return to Wiretap Discussion