Raptors, Knicks Close To Andrea Bargnani Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Raptors, Knicks Close To Andrea Bargnani Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 pm

The New York Knicks are close to a trade with the Toronto Raptors for Andrea Bargnani.

Via Howard Beck/New York Times

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Raptors, Knicks Close To Andrea Bargnani Trade 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:12 pm

What? If this happens I will be so happy. But I don't understand how the salaries will work. I don't knicks have enough expiring deals to send to toronto. I know knicks-raptors have discussed an amare-barganani swap in the past but raptors weren't even dumb enough to take on amare's poisonous contract which is uninsued and for more than double thje money of bargani. And we get draft picks wait ago masai.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#3 » by Nanogeek » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:57 pm

Sam195 wrote:What? If this happens I will be so happy. But I don't understand how the salaries will work. I don't knicks have enough expiring deals to send to toronto. I know knicks-raptors have discussed an amare-barganani swap in the past but raptors weren't even dumb enough to take on amare's poisonous contract which is uninsued and for more than double thje money of bargani. And we get draft picks wait ago masai.

Knicks will have to include another player to make it work but Camby and Novak's salaries * 125% is around $10.2m. So that's close to Bargnani's salary though his contract reportedly has a 5% trade kicker. Keeping James White and including him in the deal should get them to where they need to be.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#4 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:35 pm

It looks good on paper, but we will be paying more in the long run. Unless we can flip Camby and Novac to contenders for expirings and or picks.
Credits to Jstock12
RH5
Senior
And1: 121

Post#5 » by RH5 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Bargnani finally out of Toronto!!! HAPPY CANADA DAY fellow Canucks!! :D
P3JA for 3
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#6 » by P3JA for 3 » Mon Jul 1, 2013 12:27 am

Not trilled at this because I like Camby, and Camby played defense AND REBOUNDS when he is in there(rarely, I know) but the joke of Novak's contract just to spot up and shoot was ridiculous. Either but him in and call plays for him to come off screens, or dont play him at all. If he wasnt completely wide open, or up big, playing garbage minutes, he wouldnt shoot the ball. Gives up his dribble because he has ZERO handle. Bye Novak.

:lol:
Peja, Iverson, CP3, T-Mac, Starks, Artest. Will never get over how the 01-02 Kings got cheated by the refs.

http://twitter.com/Jsnwwf
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#7 » by poeman » Mon Jul 1, 2013 12:41 am

P3JA for 3 wrote:Not trilled at this because I like Camby, and Camby played defense AND REBOUNDS when he is in there(rarely, I know) but the joke of Novak's contract just to spot up and shoot was ridiculous. Either but him in and call plays for him to come off screens, or dont play him at all. If he wasnt completely wide open, or up big, playing garbage minutes, he wouldnt shoot the ball. Gives up his dribble because he has ZERO handle. Bye Novak.

:lol:

Camby and Novak are both due (combined) $14,756,929 over the next two seasons and Novak has a third year...WTF I know.

Bargs is a 7'1 former #1 pick who is only 27 years old going into his prime (although he did not meet his potential) A change of scenery may help because he lacked the motivation with the abuse at Toronto. See Randolph and Felton now.

That 2016 pick had Denver's right to swap so it's not like we are giving up a potential lotto pick

In 2015 Amare's, Tyson's, Melo's, and Bargnani's contracts will all be expiring (73.5 mill off the books). The Knicks will get guys.

Notable fa's that year: Rondo, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#8 » by alienpick » Mon Jul 1, 2013 1:27 am

RH5 wrote:Bargnani finally out of Toronto!!! HAPPY CANADA DAY fellow Canucks!! :D

As a canadian I was quite excited about this as well, then I realised he went to Carmelo's Knicks; which sucks for them. I was always hoping he would go to a garbage team and disappear forever, now his lazy ass is going to stink up the Knicks, and offer Carmelo even less help than he has now :( Bad trade for the Knicks, but Happy Canada Day indeed
RxOxP
Junior
And1: 114

Post#9 » by RxOxP » Mon Jul 1, 2013 2:06 am

:D Oh Canada...
ImageRaptors Fan For Life Image
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#10 » by inquisitive » Mon Jul 1, 2013 3:19 am

interesting...AB might be a good fit.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#11 » by willywazza » Mon Jul 1, 2013 4:27 am

Good job by Masai.
10acious
Junior
And1: 13

Post#12 » by 10acious » Mon Jul 1, 2013 5:38 am

The Raptors got a steal. AB wasn't worth a basket full of used wet towels. Good riddance. I don't know what it is about Ujiri, but with his abilities of persuasion, he needs to go on to bigger more important issues, like Mideast Peace, Iranian Nuclear Control, Syria, etc.
HeatNation88
Veteran
And1: 2,109

Post#13 » by HeatNation88 » Mon Jul 1, 2013 7:55 am

10acious wrote:The Raptors got a steal. AB wasn't worth a basket full of used wet towels. Good riddance. I don't know what it is about Ujiri, but with his abilities of persuasion, he needs to go on to bigger more important issues, like Mideast Peace, Iranian Nuclear Control, Syria, etc.

LMO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pay Back is a B*tch

"Shine from the Darkness"

Formally known as "MiamiHeatFan6"
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#14 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Mon Jul 1, 2013 8:53 am

RH5 wrote:Bargnani finally out of Toronto!!! HAPPY CANADA DAY fellow Canucks!! :D

As a Torontonian I find the term ''Canuck'' offensive. Happy Canada Day nonetheless. Enjoy our minor victory. We (Management) still have more work to do this and next offseason.
Credits to Jstock12
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#15 » by MagicFan32 » Mon Jul 1, 2013 9:54 am

i sincerely hope the knicks also acquire Monta Ellis and re-sign JR Smith.
Please god let it happen
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Ericb033
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#16 » by Ericb033 » Mon Jul 1, 2013 11:26 am

MagicFan32 wrote:i sincerely hope the knicks also acquire Monta Ellis and re-sign JR Smith.
Please god let it happen

Why so the Knicks could be possibly the worst defensive team of all time? As a Raptors fan, I'm laughing that the Knicks let Masai do it to them again!!

Knicks fans will love his lack of effort , intensity and personality. If people think Toronto fans were rough on him, I can't wait to see the New York Media tear this guy up. Bargs will be in tears by game #2.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#17 » by Donnyxc » Mon Jul 1, 2013 12:29 pm

MagicFan32 wrote:i sincerely hope the knicks also acquire Monta Ellis and re-sign JR Smith.
Please god let it happen

Not gonna happen. Ellis is looking for $$$.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#18 » by Nanogeek » Mon Jul 1, 2013 1:25 pm

As long as the pick has significant protections this is a good deal. Camby was dead weight. Bargnani is a better version of Novak. Neither can play defense but both can stretch the floor whereas Bargnani is better at it than Novak.

Return to Wiretap Discussion