Warriors Ready To Discuss Howard Deal With Lakers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Warriors Ready To Discuss Howard Deal With Lakers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 5, 2013 8:42 pm

The Golden State Warriors are still ready to engage the Los Angeles Lakers in sign-and-trade discussions, according to sources.

The Warriors acquired Andre Iguodala on Friday after they cleared cap space in a deal with the Utah Jazz.

The Warriors would build any deal for Howard around the expiring contract of Andrew Bogut and either Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson.

If the Warriors are unable to make a deal for Howard, he is expected to sign with the Houston Rockets, according to a source.

The Rockets, Warriors, Lakers, Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks have been in pursuit of Howard this offseason.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

GeneralNbaFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Re: Warriors Ready To Discuss Howard Deal With Lakers 

Post#2 » by GeneralNbaFan » Fri Jul 5, 2013 8:52 pm

I would choose between Lakers and Warriors
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#3 » by inquisitive » Fri Jul 5, 2013 8:57 pm

so it is down to the final 2(rockets or warriors)?
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
fluent
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#4 » by fluent » Fri Jul 5, 2013 9:23 pm

Go to GS, big fella. GS has better pieces in place to win now and also for the future. I'd much rather take Curry/Thompson or Barnes/Iggy/Lee over Lin/Harden/Parsons/Asik (who is redundant if Howard signs). GS could be the team to beat in the West for years to come if Howard goes there...
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#5 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jul 5, 2013 9:28 pm

fluent wrote:Go to GS, big fella. GS has better pieces in place to win now and also for the future. I'd much rather take Curry/Thompson or Barnes/Iggy/Lee over Lin/Harden/Parsons/Asik (who is redundant if Howard signs). GS could be the team to beat in the West for years to come if Howard goes there...

Yeah that lineup could be darn scary with Howard in it. And I imagine if it comes down to it La would rather wind up with Barnes than lose Howard for zilch.
PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Post#6 » by PDX_DL0 » Fri Jul 5, 2013 9:59 pm

fluent wrote:Go to GS, big fella. GS has better pieces in place to win now and also for the future. I'd much rather take Curry/Thompson or Barnes/Iggy/Lee over Lin/Harden/Parsons/Asik (who is redundant if Howard signs). GS could be the team to beat in the West for years to come if Howard goes there...

I wouldn't, Parsons is a better shooter and player than Klay. Harden > Curry. Who's to say Asik isn't gonna be moved? Don't they also have more cap space to acquire a pf? If Howard wants to get better as a player, he'd go to HOU and learn a second post move from McHale.
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
ronmarshall
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#7 » by ronmarshall » Fri Jul 5, 2013 10:08 pm

So, by the end of this weekend, we're looking at either:

Golden State
C: D. Howard
PF: Josh Smith
SF: A. Iguodala
SG: K. Thompson
PG: S. Curry

- OR -

Houston
C: D. Howard
PF: Josh Smith
SF: C. Parsons
SG: J. Harden
PG: J. Lin

2013-2014 is going to be a crazy season ...

Return to Wiretap Discussion