Stevens: 'There's No Bigger Fan Of Rajon Rondo Than Me'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Stevens: 'There's No Bigger Fan Of Rajon Rondo Than Me' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 6, 2013 12:46 am

Brad Stevens is energized and looking forward to coaching Rajon Rondo, the Boston Celtics’ mercurial point guard and lone leftover from the team’s 2008 championship roster.

"There's no bigger fan of Rajon Rondo than me," Stevens said. "I think the way he plays, his instinct, his ability to make other people better, he sees plays ahead of the play, he is an incredibly, incredibly talented person and everyone I've talked to has just raved about how intellectual he is, about how great he is. I'm looking forward to it."

Stevens agreed to a six-year deal with the Celtics after a brief recruiting pitch from Danny Ainge.

Ainge reached out to Stevens two weeks ago, shortly after trading Doc Rivers to the Clippers in exchange for a future first-round pick.

"My first phone call was to Brad Stevens. Brad was my first choice," Ainge said. "I have watched and admired his poise, his intelligence, his teams - their effort, their execution under pressure and I've always looked at him the last few years as a guy who was a great candidate to be a head coach - never really thinking that it was going to be this soon in Celtic history but he's a guy that I have targeted for a long time as a potential great coach."

Via Associated Press

Return to Wiretap Discussion