Kobe Bryant 'Far Ahead' In Rehab, Prepared To Play Three More Seasons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kobe Bryant 'Far Ahead' In Rehab, Prepared To Play Three More Seasons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:59 am

Kobe Bryant admitted last season that he could retire when his Los Angeles Lakers contract expires in 2014, but he says he is gearing up to play three or four more seasons.

"How many pages in that last chapter, I don't know. But it's definitely the last chapter," Bryant said. "I've been rejuvenated somewhat by the injury and inspired by watching what San Antonio was able to accomplish this year, so I'm ready to go for at least another three.

"Mentally, I think mentally I'm more locked in, more engaged on the prospects of playing another three or four years."

Bryant has made progress in his rehabilitation from a torn Achillies tendon.

"I'm far ahead, far ahead," Bryant said. "Surprisingly so, but really ahead of schedule."

Via Melissa Rohlin/Los Angeles Times

Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Re: Kobe Bryant 'Far Ahead' In Rehab, Prepared To Play Three 

Post#2 » by Takingbaconback » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:21 am

If Kobe is in LA for 2014 season, there will be 0% LeBron will sign there... although I am sure it's around 0% even if Kobe doesn't come back.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,007

Post#3 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:37 am

"Mentally, I think mentally I'm more locked in..."

Sounds like it...
my2bits
Junior
And1: 57

Post#4 » by my2bits » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:If Kobe is in LA for 2014 season, there will be 0% LeBron will sign there... although I am sure it's around 0% even if Kobe doesn't come back.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Shameless ring chasing in your prime? Just hop from team to team @ the first signs of slippage? Normally teams rise to the top for a while and eventually decline unless roster tweaks are made. In which case said team may have an off year or fall just short a few times but can always remain in the mix for a title. Lebron does'nt want to take the challenge of building a winner, he wants to form a winner instantaneously. It may work out for him but i only expected this strategy from role players. Not from some one people want to compare to the all time greatest players. If Kobe had just switched to a loaded team every 3 yrs how many would he have won? How can you prove that if a franchise builds around your talent and drive that you can indeed lead that team to the promised land if you dynasty hop ? Dirk, Hakeem, Duncan,Kobe or Jordan didn't take that route but the "king" has. And please don't come with the whole "he gave the cavs 8 yrs" crap because he wasn't even capable of leading any team to a title for his first 5 yrs. He was just glad to be rich and adored. Only when his teams began to win 50 plus games regularly did the expectations and the murmurs of failure bother him.
'
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#5 » by mj_shoefanatic » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Kobe is a fool.

Return to Wiretap Discussion