Drummond, Olynyk, Lamb, Oladipo, Jones On Orlando All-Tournament Team

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Drummond, Olynyk, Lamb, Oladipo, Jones On Orlando All-Tournament Team 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Andre Drummond, Kelly Olynyk, Jeremy Lamb, Victor Oladipo and Terrence Jones were named to the 2013 Orlando Summer League All-Tournament First Team.

On the Second Team were Reggie Jackson, Miles Plumlee, Ian Clark, Tyshawn Taylor and Solomon Hill.

Dwight Buycks, Michael Carter-Williams, Tony Mitchell and Mason Plumlee were amongst Honorable Mentions.

Via RealGM Staff Report

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Drummond, Olynyk, Lamb, Oladipo, Jones On Orlando All-To 

Post#2 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:57 pm

A year ago, people said the Magic were the losers of the 4 team trade involving Dwight Howard, Andre Iguodala, and Andrew Bynum. Lakers lost Dwight Howard to the Rockets, Nuggets lost Andre Iguodala to the Warriors, 76ers lost Andrew Bynum to the Cavaliers, and the Magic did nothing, but gained a young rebounding machine in Nikola Vucevic from the 76ers, a hard-nosed player in Arron Afflalo from the Nuggets, and another young promising player from the 76ers in Moe Harkless while also grabbing the 2014 1st round draft pick from the Nuggets, 2017 1st round draft pick from the Lakers, and probably a 2018 1st round draft pick from the 76ers. Oh yeah, they also drafted Victor Oladipo with the #2 pick of the 2013 NBA Draft and traded J.J. Redick to the Bucks for Tobias Harris. Not bad of a year turnaround.
Chuck Newhouse
Banned User
And1: 980

Post#3 » by Chuck Newhouse » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:33 am

I can't decide how I feel about Oladipo. He was effective and I loved how hard he played. On the other hand some of his ball hogging rivaled Carmelo Anthony during points of his career it was to the point of being offensive. Reggie Jackson would have been my choice.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#4 » by tiderulz » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:52 am

Chuck Newhouse wrote:I can't decide how I feel about Oladipo. He was effective and I loved how hard he played. On the other hand some of his ball hogging rivaled Carmelo Anthony during points of his career it was to the point of being offensive. Reggie Jackson would have been my choice.

i dont know how much of it was ball hogging, or the coaches wanting the ball in his hands more during this PG experiment, to see if he can actually play some PG during the season. So far, even though people seemed to put down his ball handling and offensive game, he is looking pretty good.
Chuck Newhouse
Banned User

Post#5 » by Chuck Newhouse » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:57 am

tiderulz wrote:
Chuck Newhouse wrote:I can't decide how I feel about Oladipo. He was effective and I loved how hard he played. On the other hand some of his ball hogging rivaled Carmelo Anthony during points of his career it was to the point of being offensive. Reggie Jackson would have been my choice.

i dont know how much of it was ball hogging, or the coaches wanting the ball in his hands more during this PG experiment, to see if he can actually play some PG during the season. So far, even though people seemed to put down his ball handling and offensive game, he is looking pretty good.

I watched pretty closely...it was blatant ball hogging. It was ridiculous. On the other hand I love a guy who is super aggressive but there is a line that needs to be drawn.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#6 » by tiderulz » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:01 am

Chuck Newhouse wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

I watched pretty closely...it was blatant ball hogging. It was ridiculous. On the other hand I love a guy who is super aggressive but there is a line that needs to be drawn.

i didnt watch the game, but from every report the kid is an all out team player, so i have to think this was by design.
Chuck Newhouse
Banned User

Post#7 » by Chuck Newhouse » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:06 am

It's possible but I wouldn't have wanted to have been a team mate fighting for a spot.

Return to Wiretap Discussion