Chauncey Billups Discussed Front Office Job With Pistons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Chauncey Billups Discussed Front Office Job With Pistons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:33 am

The Detroit Pistons signed Chauncey Billups this offseason, and both sides have discussed a front office job after the guard's playing career.

Billups has made clear he hopes to land a front office role once his career ends.

Billups signed a two-year contract with the Pistons recently.

Via Vincent Ellis/Detroit Free Press

mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,952

Re: Chauncey Billups Discussed Front Office Job With Pistons 

Post#2 » by mastermixer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:07 pm

That's strange... I'd imagine you're not allowed to offer or even discuss a future FO job with a player. It seems like a way around the salary cap.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
esperanzafleet
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#3 » by esperanzafleet » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:33 pm

mastermixer wrote:That's strange... I'd imagine you're not allowed to offer or even discuss a future FO job with a player. It seems like a way around the salary cap.

what? since when does the cap count against FO roles? corey magette said he's been studying joe d all year to learn as much as possible about being a GM.

please read about the Cba.

http://www.nba.com/.element/mp3/2.0/sec ... CBA101.pdf
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,952

Post#4 » by mastermixer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

esperanzafleet wrote:
mastermixer wrote:That's strange... I'd imagine you're not allowed to offer or even discuss a future FO job with a player. It seems like a way around the salary cap.

what? since when does the cap count against FO roles? corey magette said he's been studying joe d all year to learn as much as possible about being a GM.

please read about the Cba.

http://www.nba.com/.element/mp3/2.0/sec ... CBA101.pdf

In the way that Detroit says to Chauncey: "come to Detroit for two years on the min., and we'll give you a FO job
After."

Not saying that happened, but that's what I mean by circumventing the cap..
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr

Return to Wiretap Discussion