World Peace's Brother: Knicks Missed Defensive 'Goon' Last Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

World Peace's Brother: Knicks Missed Defensive 'Goon' Last Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Metta World Peace's brother, Daniel Artest, believes that the New York Knicks were missing a tough defensive element last season in the playoffs.

“They’ve got a good team but they never had that goon — that defensive goon last season,’’ Daniel Artest said. “Someone that’s not afraid. If Ron was on the team, they would have gotten past the Pacers.’’

World Peace was waived by the Los Angeles Lakers and subsequently signed with the Knicks.

“I’m not worried [he’s washed up],’’ Daniel said. “It’s all about heart. The way Ron plays, he will help the Knicks out the way he plays defense and take pressure off Carmelo [Anthony], [who] won’t have to guard the best forward guy anymore. [World Peace] can guard the power forward. He held a lot of power forwards like Zach Randolph, David West and LaMarcus [Aldridge] last season way below their scoring average. He’s still very strong and has a lot of game left.’’

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

engageTHEmasses
Senior
And1: 206

Re: World Peace's Brother: Knicks Missed Defensive 'Goon' La 

Post#2 » by engageTHEmasses » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Metta + Bargs = hilarity
===========
The Boy wrote:
trick wrote:Slavery was also an old-time tradition...

wtf bruh

Derrick Rose wrote:They're saying us and Golden State are the super teams.
Italians in NBA
Junior
And1: 98

Post#3 » by Italians in NBA » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:52 pm

engageTHEmasses wrote:Metta + Bargs = hilarity

Metta + Bargs = improved Knicks

Metta and Bargnani are not as valuable as Pierce and Garnett are but the Knicks added to the same roster 2 capable players that can help the team in different aspects of the game.
engageTHEmasses
Senior
And1: 206

Post#4 » by engageTHEmasses » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Italians in NBA wrote:
engageTHEmasses wrote:Metta + Bargs = hilarity

Metta + Bargs = improved Knicks

Metta and Bargnani are not as valuable as Pierce and Garnett are but the Knicks added to the same roster 2 capable players that can help the team in different aspects of the game.

Sure, sounds nice... but Metta's shown he doesn't always help the teams he's on. And Bargs-- VERY hit or miss, obviously. Regardless... Ron Ron's ways mixed with Bargnani's apathy (plus, JR Smith's special brand of awesome) means this is gonna be an entertaining team in time outs, interviews, the locker room, etc.

I'm not saying Metta and Bargs don't have valuable roles to play-- I'm just saying it's going to be funny watching them. And if you can't see that they're gonna create some memorable highlight-reel worthy moments this year, then I'm sorry happy died in your house. I hope you find it again.
===========
The Boy wrote:
trick wrote:Slavery was also an old-time tradition...

wtf bruh

Derrick Rose wrote:They're saying us and Golden State are the super teams.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#5 » by alienpick » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:59 am

Goon defense? This isn't hockey...

Return to Wiretap Discussion