Paul Had No Input On Clippers' Signings Of Redick, Dudley

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Paul Had No Input On Clippers' Signings Of Redick, Dudley 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 9, 2013 11:53 pm

Chris Paul was asked whether he had any input on the Los Angeles Clippers’ signings of J.J. Redick and Jared Dudley.

“I didn’t,” Paul said, “I was actually shooting a commercial at USC when I found out we got J.J. and Jared Dudley. Doc (Rivers) has been amazing since he got the head coaching job, and it’s been pretty fun to sit back and see the different guys we’ve brought to our team.”

Paul is eager for the opportunity to play under Rivers.

“I’m excited about the unexpected,” Paul said. “I don’t think Doc Rivers being our coach automatically means more wins, but I do think it gives us an opportunity to win and that’s all you can ask for in this league.”

Via Colin Cowherd/ESPN

dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Re: Paul Had No Input On Clippers' Signings Of Redick, Dudle 

Post#2 » by dkjjr » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:36 am

But Dudley was acquired in a trade...
captlopez0012
Junior
And1: 8

Post#3 » by captlopez0012 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 am

well maybe he should have called donald sterling and said: "im gonna need more than doc rivers, jj reddick, and jared dudley if you want any parades around here anytime soon".
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#4 » by anatomicbomb » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:10 am

captlopez0012 wrote:well maybe he should have called donald sterling and said: "im gonna need more than doc rivers, jj reddick, and jared dudley if you want any parades around here anytime soon".

they also got Mullens, and Collison. i think, if healthy, they're well-rounded enough to make a run to the conference finals next season.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
holla3mikeg
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#5 » by holla3mikeg » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:02 am

Sounds like he isn't exactly endorsing their meager off season moves. I like Reddick, but he doesn't play D. Dudley sucks, and is much too slow to guard anybody. They should have took the Eric Gordon trade, if possible. At least he has the potential to surpass Blake as their second option. Looks like the Clippers will never figure it out. Next year Sterling will start shedding salary again and they will be running the mediocrity treadmill at a brisk pace.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#6 » by Rated T By CBRA » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:45 pm

I see Clippers doing well throughout the season and finishing at the top of the Western conference - but once playoffs roll around they will be a second round elimination. Too much and too good of a competition out West for them to make any real noise.

Return to Wiretap Discussion