Mike Bibby Wants To Play One More NBA Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Mike Bibby Wants To Play One More NBA Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Mike Bibby wants to play one more season in the NBA.

Bibby sat out the 2012-13 season, which would have been his 15th since being drafted 2nd overall out of Arizona in 1998.

“I’m going to try to play another year,” Bibby said. “We’ll see what happens. I’ve been working hard all summer, and we’ll see if somebody picks me up.”

Bibby, 35, is considering a post-playing career in coaching.

“I might coach,” he said. “I’ve been coaching my son’s team for six years now, so hopefully that turns out well.”

Via Alex Kramers/NBA.com

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Mike Bibby Wants To Play One More NBA Season 

Post#2 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Sometimes you just have to accept to walk away from the game and Bibby, your time is upon you.
Tim Reynolds
Senior
And1: 970

Post#3 » by Tim Reynolds » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:“I might coach,” he said. “I’ve been coaching my son’s team for six years now, so hopefully that turns out well.”Via Alex Kramers/NBA.com

Wow. He actually thought that him coaching his sons middle school and high school basketball teams is actually meaningful enough to mention when talking about getting an NBA coaching position. Wish the best luck for him, but not exactly the best selling point.

Not to mention he kinda got kicked out of one of his son's games just earlier this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 24672.html

So ya know, there's that.
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.
TheMidnightSun
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#4 » by TheMidnightSun » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:16 pm

the headline should read "mike bibby needs another contract"
dockingsched wrote:so glad cp3 took the timeout, couldn't take seeing the lakers scored on 4 on 5.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#5 » by JoshB914 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Tim Reynolds wrote:
RealGM Wiretap wrote:“I might coach,” he said. “I’ve been coaching my son’s team for six years now, so hopefully that turns out well.”Via Alex Kramers/NBA.com

Wow. He actually thought that him coaching his sons middle school and high school basketball teams is actually meaningful enough to mention when talking about getting an NBA coaching position. Wish the best luck for him, but not exactly the best selling point.

Not to mention he kinda got kicked out of one of his son's games just earlier this year.

He never mentioned coaching in the NBA specifically fyi.
Tim Reynolds
Senior
And1: 970

Post#6 » by Tim Reynolds » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:33 am

JoshB914 wrote:
Tim Reynolds wrote:

He never mentioned coaching in the NBA specifically fyi.

Well considering he just said that he has been coaching for the last six years at the middle/high school level already, the only place left to go is college or NBA; either way my point still stands.
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.

Return to Wiretap Discussion