Irving Sidesteps Question About Signing Max Extension With Cavaliers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Irving Sidesteps Question About Signing Max Extension With Cavaliers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:20 am

Kyrie Irving wasn’t interested in discussing his future with the Cleveland Cavaliers while attending his basketball camp Saturday in Independence, Ohio.

When asked why he qualified previous comments about being happy with the Cavaliers by saying “right now,” Irving responded: “Right now I’m a Cavalier. This is where I am. All that future stuff, I’m not really worried about. I’m living in the moment right now and I’m just trying to get better with the teammates I have now and make the playoffs for Cleveland. That’s the only thing I can do right now is give it my all as it stands right now and that future stuff, I’m not really worried about it.”

Asked directly if he would sign a maximum five-year extension with the Cavaliers next summer, Irving said, “I’m not really worried about that right now. Right now I’m focusing on the year ahead, my third year, then I’ll worry about that in the summer time.”

Irving could opt out of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent in 2016.

Via Jason Lloyd/Akron Beacon Journal

BIG match
Banned User
And1: 144

Re: Irving Sidesteps Question About Signing Max Extension Wi 

Post#2 » by BIG match » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:44 am

seems like the reporter was trying to bait him into saying something detrimental
airaaron32
Senior
And1: 773

Post#3 » by airaaron32 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:51 am

BIG match wrote:seems like the reporter was trying to bait him into saying something detrimental

True, these reporters are seriously snakes.
holla3mikeg
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#4 » by holla3mikeg » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:10 am

LeBron 2.0- poor Cleveland
esperanzafleet
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#5 » by esperanzafleet » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Via Jason Lloyd/Akron Beacon Journal

what a butthole... why would anybody even ask this..
Jordan Rose123
Pro Prospect
And1: 117

Post#6 » by Jordan Rose123 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:25 pm

They really worried about something that might happen in 3 years?? Those reporters are really trolls
You mad?
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#7 » by dkjjr » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:06 pm

esperanzafleet wrote:Via Jason Lloyd/Akron Beacon Journal

what a butthole... why would anybody even ask this..

That's who wrote the article, not who asked him the questions.
Nanogeek
Banned User
And1: 130

Post#8 » by Nanogeek » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Dan Gilbert showed himself to be a petty petulant jackass during the Lebron episode. I won't be surprised to see Irving Cleveland for greener pastures when his time comes up. Here's his letter to remind us all what a clown this guy is:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:
“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers
watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Post#9 » by watpho71 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:04 am

The most important thing is the training and preparation for the upcoming season. If the Cavs are successful and moving in a good direction everything will take care of itself. Hopefully, for Cleveland's sake, Mike Brown can get these guys focused and going in the right direction. Having a guy like Jarrett Jack on your roster will make his job easier.
The big "if" will clearly be determined by the health of Bynum and Varejao. These two guys should be great together if they can stay on the court, and if they can stay healthy Cleveland has a very deep front court.
Does graduating from the LeBron James Skills Academy qualify you to defend small forwards? Anthony Bennett might be better serviced as a small forward, at least in his rookie season.
DontHateMiami
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#10 » by DontHateMiami » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 am

He should just get on the phone with Pat already, we'll set him up nice down in Miami. LeBron might even go condo shopping with him.
Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Post#11 » by Rollie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:38 pm

watpho71 wrote:The most important thing is the training and preparation for the upcoming season. If the Cavs are successful and moving in a good direction everything will take care of itself. Hopefully, for Cleveland's sake, Mike Brown can get these guys focused and going in the right direction. Having a guy like Jarrett Jack on your roster will make his job easier.
The big "if" will clearly be determined by the health of Bynum and Varejao. These two guys should be great together if they can stay on the court, and if they can stay healthy Cleveland has a very deep front court.
Does graduating from the LeBron James Skills Academy qualify you to defend small forwards? Anthony Bennett might be better serviced as a small forward, at least in his rookie season.

Brown keeps saying he doesn't want him at the SF spot for now. I think he'll eventually have to.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#12 » by Dolphin Lips » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:57 pm

DontHateMiami wrote:He should just get on the phone with Pat already, we'll set him up nice down in Miami. LeBron might even go condo shopping with him.

You need to amnesty Bosh to sign him--- Idk why Riley seems gay for Bosh
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

Tim Reynolds
Senior
And1: 970

Post#13 » by Tim Reynolds » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:
DontHateMiami wrote:He should just get on the phone with Pat already, we'll set him up nice down in Miami. LeBron might even go condo shopping with him.

You need to amnesty Bosh to sign him--- Idk why Riley seems gay for Bosh

Can't, Miami used the one-time amnesty clause on Mr. Mike Miller.
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.

Return to Wiretap Discussion