Richard Howell Signing With Blazers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Richard Howell Signing With Blazers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Sep 6, 2013 3:14 pm

Former North Carolina State standout Richard Howell has agreed to sign a partially guaranteed contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, his agent Joel Bell told RealGM.

Howell had been bought out from his French team and flew to the States to sign his new deal on Friday. Despite having 15 players under guaranteed deals, the Blazers are intrigued by Howell, the 6-foot-9 forward who averaged 12.7 points and 10.9 rebounds in his senior season at N.C. State.

After going undrafted in June, Howell played for the Denver Nuggets’ summer league team.

Howell, 22, impressed NBA teams in the pre-draft process and projects as an active, rugged presence inside.

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

PDX_DL0
Senior
And1: 54

Re: Richard Howell Signing With Blazers 

Post#2 » by PDX_DL0 » Fri Sep 6, 2013 3:52 pm

Acquiring assets and getting some competition for practice is always a good thing. We'll see what NeO has up his sleeve. I wouldn't be surprised if Watson or Crabbe aren't on the roster if Howell earns a spot.
"coaches are irrelevant in todays nba" - captlopez0012
captlopez0012
Junior
And1: 8

Post#3 » by captlopez0012 » Fri Sep 6, 2013 10:42 pm

not much offensive game and a little undersized but could become a solid rebounder/defensive presence off the bench
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#4 » by PDXKnight » Sat Sep 7, 2013 1:42 am

PDX_DL0 wrote:Acquiring assets and getting some competition for practice is always a good thing. We'll see what NeO has up his sleeve. I wouldn't be surprised if Watson or Crabbe aren't on the roster if Howell earns a spot.

I can't imagine any unguaranteed player getting a spot ahead of a guaranteed guy unless someone REALLY plays his butt off. Otherwise I think these guys are practice bodies.

Return to Wiretap Discussion