Knicks Part Ways With Glen Grunwald

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Part Ways With Glen Grunwald 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Glen Grunwald is out as general manager of the New York Knicks.

Steve Mills will return to MSG to replace Grunwald.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Re: Knicks Part Ways With Glen Grunwald 

Post#2 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:22 pm

He's got strong ties with Toronto still. I wonder if MLSE will offer him a role
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#3 » by sanity » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:28 pm

He has a lot of business ties to Toronto, I could see him coming back but not in an basketball operations role. I don't understand why the Knicks waited until the end of summer to do it... or why they did it at all
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#4 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm in shock. Definitely didn't see this coming...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Post#5 » by caronimo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:25 pm

why now? grunwald already made so many offseason moves. if anything the change should have come earlier so the new gm can put his stamp on the team, like what ujiri is doing for the raptors.
Bryanhoop
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#6 » by Bryanhoop » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:23 pm

I thought this was going to be a Paul Allen Blazers move when I first glanced at the photo. I didn't realize how much Glen and Paul look alike.
SteveNizzy
Junior
And1: 8

Post#7 » by SteveNizzy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:25 pm

its about time they kicked this scrub to the curb, i feel bad for the knicks this season and i wish them the best with their squad
VC-INJURY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,417

Post#8 » by VC-INJURY » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:He's got strong ties with Toronto still. I wonder if MLSE will offer him a role

Bring back the glory days! He would trade Val for Tim Duncan though :lol:
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#9 » by Sam195 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:He's got strong ties with Toronto still. I wonder if MLSE will offer him a role
the kn

He's already agreed to stay with the knicks in an advisory role. I think dolan is rolling the dice this season to see if a new gm can improve the knicks playoff performance while convincing melo to stay. As much as melo says he's not going anywhere to the media or whoever, a first round playoff exit or any step backwards this season will probably change his mind. Grunwald made just as many head-scratching moves as he did good ones during his tenure with the knicks. He used the amnesty clause on Chauncey Billups, who still had trade value as an expiring contract at the time instead of saving it down the road for amare stoudemire's bad knees. Stoudemire arguably has the worst contract in the league because its uninsured and he's basically damaged goods. At least Joe Johnson produces something and helps his team win games. Imagine if the knicks kept billups for a season (while his contract expired) instead of signing chandler and than amnestied stoudemire this past summer. They would of had the max level cap space to go after cp3 or dwight. Maybe make a few more cap clearing trades and they could had their own elite big 3 in the big apple ( CP3+Melo+D12).

Another awful trade by grunwald was the sign and trade for marcus camby who barely played let alone be effective during his second stint with the knicks due to injury. Grunwald gave up young players and multiple second picks to acquire the senior citizen from houston just to dump him in another bad deal for barngani. Camby then resigns with the rockets again the following season.
MDDN48
Senior
And1: 165

Post#10 » by MDDN48 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:30 pm

SteveNizzy wrote:its about time they kicked this scrub to the curb, i feel bad for the knicks this season and i wish them the best with their squad

Why do you feel sorry for the Knicks?
"DARE TO BE GREAT"

COMPANY MERCH: http://jam3productions.bigcartel.com/
MDDN48
Senior
And1: 165

Post#11 » by MDDN48 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Sam195 wrote:
the kn

He's already agreed to stay with the knicks in an advisory role. I think dolan is rolling the dice this season to see if a new gm can improve the knicks playoff performance while convincing melo to stay. As much as melo says he's not going anywhere to the media or whoever, a first round playoff exit or any step backwards this season will probably change his mind. Grunwald made just as many head-scratching moves as he did good ones during his tenure with the knicks. He used the amnesty clause on Chauncey Billups, who still had trade value as an expiring contract at the time instead of saving it down the road for amare stoudemire's bad knees. Stoudemire arguably has the worst contract in the league because its uninsured and he's basically damaged goods. At least Joe Johnson produces something and helps his team win games. Imagine if the knicks kept billups for a season (while his contract expired) instead of signing chandler and than amnestied stoudemire this past summer. They would of had the max level cap space to go after cp3 or dwight. Maybe make a few more cap clearing trades and they could had their own elite big 3 in the big apple ( CP3+Melo+D12).

Another awful trade by grunwald was the sign and trade for marcus camby who barely played let alone be effective during his second stint with the knicks due to injury. Grunwald gave up young players and multiple second picks to acquire the senior citizen from houston just to dump him in another bad deal for barngani. Camby then resigns with the rockets again the following season.

Apparently your cup is always half empty, huh?
"DARE TO BE GREAT"

COMPANY MERCH: http://jam3productions.bigcartel.com/
AmateurDamager
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#12 » by AmateurDamager » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:13 pm

The Bargnani trade was actually a good move simply because it helps them financially by trimming an additional year at $11+ mil...They also have a chance to bring in a versatile offensive player with size...Camby and Novak is no big loss plus they clear off that extra year.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#13 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Looks like Masai screwed Grunwald 1 too many times.
Credits to Jstock12
bbintheheezy
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#14 » by bbintheheezy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:44 pm

TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:Looks like Masai screwed Grunwald 1 too many times.

???
smeagolheart
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#15 » by smeagolheart » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Steve Mills will be soon be fired so that they can bring back Isiah Thomas
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#16 » by mj_shoefanatic » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Isiah>Steve LOL
Heatin4
Banned User
And1: 347

Post#17 » by Heatin4 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:47 pm

smeagolheart wrote:Steve Mills will be soon be fired so that they can bring back Isiah Thomas

And then the Knicks will charge towards the illustrious NBA Championship after that.
Dan2087
2016 "Beat The Commish" Champion
And1: 5,120

Post#18 » by Dan2087 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:32 am

I'm guessing the rest of the Knicks management and ownership got their first look at Bargnani after his offseason workouts, which promptly lead to this move...
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#19 » by pkiskool » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Dan2087 wrote:I'm guessing the rest of the Knicks management and ownership got their first look at Bargnani after his offseason workouts, which promptly lead to this move...

lol my thinking

Return to Wiretap Discussion