Rondo Moves Fluidly In First Public Workout Since April

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rondo Moves Fluidly In First Public Workout Since April 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 3, 2013 3:15 pm

Rajon Rondo had his first public workout since April on Wednesday morning.

Rondo wore a small brace on his right knee and showed few lingering effects from the injury.

Rondo moved fluidly overall.

“I’ve seen him every day, so it’s harder for me to tell than maybe you to tell because you haven’t seen him on the court for a while,” Brad Stevens said. “He looks good to me. That being said, he still has a ways to go.”

The Boston Celtics will have a point guard by committee approach until Rondo returns.

Via Baxter Holmes/Boston Globe

GlennQuagmire
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Re: Rondo Moves Fluidly In First Public Workout Since April 

Post#2 » by GlennQuagmire » Thu Oct 3, 2013 9:31 pm

When 100% , this guy is the BEST Point Guard in the league hands down.

No other point guard in the league can rally in triple double numbers like him.
LACtdom
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#3 » by LACtdom » Thu Oct 3, 2013 10:33 pm

GlennQuagmire wrote:When 100% , this guy is the BEST Point Guard in the league hands down.

I'm not arguing about who is the best point guard but if you look at career stats

Rondo: 11.1 pts, 8.3 ast, 4.5 rb, 1.9 stls
Chris Paul: 18.6 pts, 9.8 ast, 4.4 rb, 2.4 stl.
GlennQuagmire
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#4 » by GlennQuagmire » Thu Oct 3, 2013 11:04 pm

LACtdom wrote:
GlennQuagmire wrote:When 100% , this guy is the BEST Point Guard in the league hands down.

I'm not arguing about who is the best point guard but if you look at career stats

I think you're definitely trying to argue by putting up career stat comparisons LoL.
It's all good everyone is entitled to their opinion.

IMO Rondo is the best when at 100%.
CP3 is obviously the biggest threat to the title.
An I'm most certain majority of the nation believes he's the best.

Raj is a triple double threat every night.
His craziest triple double to me was when he dropped 29 points, 18 REBOUNDS, and 13 assists against Lebron a couple years back. Or even that 18 points, 17 rebounds, and 20 ASSISTS against New York.

Dude does it all on a ridiculous level. THe only thing setting him back is his so called Non Existing Jumpshot. Which IMO has improved a whole lot these past seasons and of course before injury.
n8sheikh
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by n8sheikh » Fri Oct 4, 2013 12:45 am

LACtdom wrote:

Although I believe they both have different styles, you cant use career stats as a reference. Career stats are faulty because players dont mature at the same pace when they enter the NBA. Cp3 was 1 of the more mature and seasoned PGs when he entered the league, while Rondo was very raw and immature. They're both equally as good defenders and passers (Rondo has been leading the league in assists over the last few seasons). Paul's time as a premier PG is only going to last 4-5 more seasons and Rajon has just entered his prime. Rajon can be better than Jason Kidd, with a better inside game and more versatility. Since Paul has already shown what he can do in a bad team, let's see what Rondo will do in a bad team for the first time this season after his rookie year.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,851

Post#6 » by nikster » Fri Oct 4, 2013 2:47 am

n8sheikh wrote:
LACtdom wrote:

Although I believe they both have different styles, you cant use career stats as a reference. Career stats are faulty because players dont mature at the same pace when they enter the NBA. Cp3 was 1 of the more mature and seasoned PGs when he entered the league, while Rondo was very raw and immature. They're both equally as good defenders and passers (Rondo has been leading the league in assists over the last few seasons). Paul's time as a premier PG is only going to last 4-5 more seasons and Rajon has just entered his prime. Rajon can be better than Jason Kidd, with a better inside game and more versatility. Since Paul has already shown what he can do in a bad team, let's see what Rondo will do in a bad team for the first time this season after his rookie year.

look at their 2 best seasons: they both averaged ~11 apg, but Paul did it while scoring 22 ppg, Rondo 13...Not to mention the intangibles: Paul is one of the best leaders in the game, and Rondo is known for being hot headed and is the true leader on the team for the first time this year (with KG and Pierce gone). Not to mention how Rondo absoultely destroys the floor spacing for his offense, it will be interesting to see how he does without Pierce and Garnett spreading the floor
kobe48306
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#7 » by kobe48306 » Fri Oct 4, 2013 3:41 am

Rajan, for yours and the team's sake, take your time with your recovery. When healthy you are the best point guard in the NBA. I just want you completely healthy for 2014-2015. I can take one bad season from the Celtics. In the summer of 2014, with freed up money & a very strong draft, is when the Celtics can make their move in a positive direction.

Return to Wiretap Discussion