Ray Allen Hits Lightest Weight Since College With Paleo Diet

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Ray Allen Hits Lightest Weight Since College With Paleo Diet 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 4, 2013 5:22 pm

Ray Allen began the Paleo diet a few days after the Finals and is his lightest weight since college as he enters training camp at 38.

“The first three or four days, it was a task because I was getting headaches, my body felt like achy, but I just started living on salads and fruit and protein and salmon and chicken and I didn’t have soda, any Gatorade,” Allen said. “I had unsweetened iced tea and water and that’s it.”

Pat Riley suggested to Allen that he come in lighter.

“Obviously, you want to continue to build championship habits, but we don’t win this year because we won last year," said Allen. "You win this year because you start building habits and you build championship habits. You come together as a team and find ways to improve on all your weaknesses.”

Via Joseph Goodman/Miami Herald

imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Re: Ray Allen Hits Lightest Weight Since College With Paleo  

Post#2 » by imDatknicksTape » Fri Oct 4, 2013 6:27 pm

Paleo Diet is the best way to lose weight.

you dont even need to lift one leg. u shed weight fast.

however, its all about what you eat. if u cant eat what the diet tells you.

your done.
Heatin4
Banned User
And1: 347

Post#3 » by Heatin4 » Fri Oct 4, 2013 7:11 pm

Best players usually stay in Best Shape. Not drink chocolate milk all the time and be lazy.
VegetaBull
Banned User
And1: 128

Post#4 » by VegetaBull » Fri Oct 4, 2013 7:23 pm

imDatknicksTape wrote:Paleo Diet is the best way to lose weight.

your done.

thats not even a real thing. its such a joke. paleo is the new atkins. and clueless people need to pick up an anthropology book.
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Post#5 » by imDatknicksTape » Fri Oct 4, 2013 7:45 pm

VegetaBull wrote:

your done.

thats not even a real thing. its such a joke. paleo is the new atkins. and clueless people need to pick up an anthropology book.

Your obviously blinded by the media and government FDA values on what to eat and what not to. Paleo diet loosely consists of what early men used to eat. Its very very similar to how the food they ate. werent all early humans fit and strong??
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#6 » by JBreezeNY » Fri Oct 4, 2013 7:46 pm

Heatin4 wrote:Best players usually stay in Best Shape. Not drink chocolate milk all the time and be lazy.

Really?
pjiggz
Junior
And1: 25

Post#7 » by pjiggz » Fri Oct 4, 2013 8:51 pm

ARe you serious? Obviously you never tried it. I have been doing it for the past two years in the springs to get sshreded for the summer, and it works. You take out all the garbage out of your diet and eat gluten free. It makes you feel cleaner, healthier and gives you mre energy. Take it from me, i do it every year. Its a hard diet to keep because it is quite expensive too cook gluten free, and the stuff you can eat is very limited.
VegetaBull wrote:

your done.

VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#8 » by VegetaBull » Sat Oct 5, 2013 3:08 am

imDatknicksTape wrote:
VegetaBull wrote:

your done.

Your obviously blinded by the media and government FDA values on what to eat and what not to. Paleo diet loosely consists of what early men used to eat. Its very very similar to how the food they ate. werent all early humans fit and strong??

the **** are you talking about? dont reply to me with stupid responses please, thanks.
VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#9 » by VegetaBull » Sat Oct 5, 2013 3:10 am

pjiggz wrote:ARe you serious? Obviously you never tried it. I have been doing it for the past two years in the springs to get sshreded for the summer, and it works. You take out all the garbage out of your diet and eat gluten free. It makes you feel cleaner, healthier and gives you mre energy. Take it from me, i do it every year. Its a hard diet to keep because it is quite expensive too cook gluten free, and the stuff you can eat is very limited.
VegetaBull wrote:

your done.

because you get shredded means that "paleo diet" is valid as a paleo diet? no. thats not how that works. mj used to get shredded on big mac value meals. its not a big deal, i am a soy free, gluten free, plant based diet eater. not a big deal. eating ground beef isnt clean. it rots in your gut and is acidic so...
crazymaso
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#10 » by crazymaso » Sat Oct 5, 2013 3:56 am

VegetaBull wrote:
pjiggz wrote:ARe you serious? Obviously you never tried it. I have been doing it for the past two years in the springs to get sshreded for the summer, and it works. You take out all the garbage out of your diet and eat gluten free. It makes you feel cleaner, healthier and gives you mre energy. Take it from me, i do it every year. Its a hard diet to keep because it is quite expensive too cook gluten free, and the stuff you can eat is very limited.
VegetaBull wrote:

because you get shredded means that "paleo diet" is valid as a paleo diet? no. thats not how that works. mj used to get shredded on big mac value meals. its not a big deal, i am a soy free, gluten free, plant based diet eater. not a big deal. eating ground beef isnt clean. it rots in your gut and is acidic so...

Lol what? Just because MJ was a sponsor for McDonald's, doesn't mean he used to eat it regularly. He hired Tim Grover as his trainer at a certain point in his career...do you think a highly reputable trainer would let someone "get shredded on big mac value meals"?

The fact is simple. If you eat less calories than your body 'needs', you will lose wight. If you eat more, you will gain weight. So people can definitely eat junk food and lose weight - just doesn't mean their conditioning, arteries, energy levels (most things aside from weight) will benefit in comparison.

I've never tried the Paleo Diet - but you can see how it works in theory from weight loss point of view. You are feeding your body less calories than you need, but those calories are providing your body with all the nutrients and vitamins etc that you require. Quite simple how it would work actually.
VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#11 » by VegetaBull » Sat Oct 5, 2013 11:42 pm

crazymaso wrote:
VegetaBull wrote:

Lol what? Just because MJ was a sponsor for McDonald's, doesn't mean he used to eat it regularly. He hired Tim Grover as his trainer at a certain point in his career...do you think a highly reputable trainer would let someone "get shredded on big mac value meals"?

The fact is simple. If you eat less calories than your body 'needs', you will lose wight. If you eat more, you will gain weight. So people can definitely eat junk food and lose weight - just doesn't mean their conditioning, arteries, energy levels (most things aside from weight) will benefit in comparison.

I've never tried the Paleo Diet - but you can see how it works in theory from weight loss point of view. You are feeding your body less calories than you need, but those calories are providing your body with all the nutrients and vitamins etc that you require. Quite simple how it would work actually.

jordan said it himself, he ate them and then had to change his diet because he was in shape but knew it was unhealthy. it has nothing to do with calories and everything to do with it being "paleo" its based on no real history

Return to Wiretap Discussion