Paxson Hints At Agenda, Denies Continued Feud Between Forman, Thibodeau

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Paxson Hints At Agenda, Denies Continued Feud Between Forman, Thibodeau 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:50 pm

John Paxoson denied a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski, one of the NBA's most well-respected reporters, that Tom Thibodeau and Gar Forman continue to have a toxic relationship.

Thibodeau and Forman have had several disagreements on personnel moves.

‘‘We’re so far past that,’’ he said. ‘‘To continue to try and keep it going, I don’t know what the agenda is. That’s one thing that we all talked about, really from the beginning of this year: No one has any agenda here.

‘‘If you’re really going to say something like that, then go on the record, be a man, put your name out there. Don’t hide behind that stuff. But from our perspective, from our seat, we’re doing great. The relationship is healthy. We all want the same thing, and that’s to be as good as we possibly can out there on the floor."

Thibodeau and Paxson were seen discussing business as usual during Summer League.

‘‘I don’t think there’s any doubt that it’s been blown way out of proportion,’’ said Paxson. ‘‘I think someone other than anyone in our organization has an agenda that really doesn’t suit what we’re all about. No matter what you do in this business, when you’re making decisions, whether it’s based on personnel or anything like that, you’re going to have ideas, different opinions, and that’s what we do. We sit in a room and talk these things through. The thing is, right now we’re all on the same page, and there are no hidden agendas from Gar, myself and Tom.’’

Via Jow Cowley/Chicago Sun-Times

Art Vandelay
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Re: Paxson Hints At Agenda, Denies Continued Feud Between Fo 

Post#2 » by Art Vandelay » Tue Oct 8, 2013 4:18 pm

"Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski, one of the NBA's most well-respected reporters"

Respected by agents, right?
jjscap
Bench Warmer
And1: 323

Post#3 » by jjscap » Tue Oct 8, 2013 6:25 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:"Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski, one of the NBA's most well-respected reporters"

Respected by agents, right?

Only agents? I believe he is one helluva reporter really. Or maybe he looks so because there're so many clownasses around.
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#4 » by Chaos Engine » Tue Oct 8, 2013 6:58 pm

Woj is very respected, and I believe him when it comes to this story. The Bulls letting Adams go definitely hinted something was wrong.
tcs10cu
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by tcs10cu » Tue Oct 8, 2013 7:11 pm

Chaos Engine wrote:Woj is very respected, and I believe him when it comes to this story. The Bulls letting Adams go definitely hinted something was wrong.

I love the Bulls but Paxson/Forman are just about the only thing standing in the way of a Bulls title...
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#6 » by MagicFan32 » Wed Oct 9, 2013 12:12 am

translation: this is all true, that's why i want the source to reveal himself.

Thibs is a basketball genius, this is going down the road of phil and jerry krause. this GM put together a roster that would have been in the lottery had they not had this coach
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
youblewwit
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#7 » by youblewwit » Wed Oct 9, 2013 12:35 am

MagicFan32 wrote:translation: this is all true, that's why i want the source to reveal himself.

Thibs is a basketball genius, this is going down the road of phil and jerry krause. this GM put together a roster that would have been in the lottery had they not had this coach

The GM (Krause and now GarPax ... they're linked together) wouldn't be doing any of this unless Reinsdorf gave the okay. Just like when Krause blew up the dynasty, it was because Reinsdorf didn't want to pay MJ, Pippen, and Phil anymore.

And this time, Thibs is pissed the Bulls tried to lowball him with his own contract, and then cut costs by letting guys walk for nothing (i.e. Asik).

Also, I find it funny Pax denied of any feud and then states they're 'so far past that'. You're absolutely right Pax wants to know who the source is, haha.
truthiness
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#8 » by truthiness » Wed Oct 9, 2013 11:21 am

I think Chicago's FO is crap and I wouldn't be surprised if Thibs got mad at them for being cheap, but Wojnarowski has his own agendas, like he did with Lebron. His hate of Lebron had him making up **** for a few months, all while claiming "sources". Just read his articles prior to the decision where he's grilling Lebron for taking the money and going to NY to become a global brand while not caring about winning. We all know how true that turned out to be.

Wojnarowski is a clown with sources in the league's office - that's why he breaks trades a few hours before they are official: teams call in trades to the NBA's office before making them public. I think he makes up more than 60% of the stuff he claims sources for, and he does it to fit his narrative.
truthiness
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#9 » by truthiness » Wed Oct 9, 2013 11:26 am

tcs10cu wrote:
Chaos Engine wrote:Woj is very respected, and I believe him when it comes to this story. The Bulls letting Adams go definitely hinted something was wrong.

Reinsdorf is just about the only thing standing in the way of a Bulls title...

FTFY

Considering the resources at their disposal, Chicago not fielding a contender in almost 15 years is laughable.
The Bulls own the 3rd biggest market in the US, and unlike the Knicks/Lakers, they have no competition (no Nets/Clippers). But they used this to line their pockets instead of using some of that money to put together an elite team.

But that's not surprising, considering that was the guy who didn't want to pay MJ.
When you have the GOAT player and GOAT coach and you throw them out, you don't deserve to win anything else ever again. If 50 years from now the Bulls still will be titleless (assuming the NBA, Bulls, USA and human civilization in general still exist), this should be known as the curse of the GOATs.

Return to Wiretap Discussion